• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Close-Range Tourney Match 1: Yor Briar vs Riptor

Lets clear up some misconceptions:

Yor does not go for Pressure Point hax without good reason. She has used it 2 times in the series and both times were about subduing her targets without killing them. Once against the raging cow, whom she didnt want to kill and against another assassin, whom she also didnt want to kill. Yors modus operanti is stabbing her problem.

Her Poison potency is from the anime yes, but we treat the anime as secondary canon, due to it being extremly faithful to the manga series. Its not contradicted within the manga and hovers over the general ballpark of poison potency (Pufferfish poison and Poison potent enough to kill bears) of weaker assassins.

With that out of the way, I dont see how this isnt going Yor's way. Yor's skill level is immensly above Riptors and the fact that it is a dinosaur dosnt change how it will engage in combat fundamentally. Not only that, Yor has adapted to new and unusual experiences quickly midbattle already, against opponents as skilled as Riptor are. Yor is incredibly ignorant about common sense, she woudnt be thrown out of the loop by a dinosaur being her target at all.

With a starting range of 5 meters, and both being in sonic range, Riptor is not going to play the range with Yor, who will lunge at it instantly. Even if it comes to the range game, Yor will have an easy time closing the distance through Acrobatics, IR and her Afterimages.

Without concrete heat values and only a small AP advantage, I have no reason to believe that Riptors fire attacks will oneshot Yor. Which is all Yor needs, considering that she has facetanked attacks to sneak a hit in if she had to in the past. Yor has incredible pain tolerance and has fought extensivly through sustained damage without much issue

Outside of Riptors fire attacks seem to be those claws/teeths of her that are coated with either plasma or diseases. The thing is though that Riptor is going to have a hard time landing a hit on someone who is far more skilled AND has IR on top of that. Yor on the other hand only needs a single hit on Riptor to seal the deal. Yes, Riptor too depending on her claws (Single hit for diseases, Single GOOD hit for Plasma), but Riptor is fighting an uphill battle compared to Yor.

Now Rage. Without solid multipliers on it, I doubt it will be much of a problem for Yor. So long Riptor isnt hitting 3times the speed with it for a significant period of time, it would be not enough to overwhelm Yor. And nothing stops Yor from fighting defensivly while Riptor is juiced up.

But lets ignore all that for arguments sake. Lets say both combatants are evenly matched. Yor outlasts. Yor remained combat ready and on high alert for a 3 day mission and had multiple fights throughout that mission, while Riptors best stamina feat seems to be a hour 1 constant combat.

With that out of the way, I dont see how this isnt going Yor's way. Yor's skill level is immensly above Riptors and the fact that it is a dinosaur dosnt change how it will engage in combat fundamentally. Not only that, Yor has adapted to new and unusual experiences quickly midbattle already, against opponents as skilled as Riptor are. Yor is incredibly ignorant about common sense, she woudnt be thrown out of the loop by a dinosaur being her target at all.
I'd say Riptor is at the very least capable of keeping up with her.
Some KI characters are incredibly skilled and have a great variety of abilities, and Riptor can represent a threat to pretty much all of them.
To be more clear about what I mentioned earlier, the Shadow Lord war was basically an invasion on global scale where armies of clones of every 9-B KI character and other creatures (Omens, another chatacter with a file), were dropped on several parts of the planet over a span of a time that goes to at the very least two weaks to 2 or 3 months if not more. During this period Riptor was deployed, either alone or with teammates, against one or many of the aforementioned opponents, and the clones grew more and more similar to the original ones in both skill and power, while always retaining the same abilities.
This to say that Riptor doesn't fall short in experience, and despite being younger than Yor, she could already outclass the Fulgores and be a threat to the aforementioned people.

With a starting range of 5 meters, and both being in sonic range, Riptor is not going to play the range with Yor, who will lunge at it instantly. Even if it comes to the range game, Yor will have an easy time closing the distance through Acrobatics, IR and her Afterimages.
Riptor might even lunge at her immediately, and that point we can't really tell what happens, as they both could land and dodge some of their best attacks, helped by their abilities, surprise factors, stats and more.

But I don't see it impossible for Riptor to even make some distance given the occasion, as she can use her ranged options or the several attacks she can perform while running backwards through Survival Run.

Without concrete heat values and only a small AP advantage, I have no reason to believe that Riptors fire attacks will oneshot Yor.
I don't think anyone ever said that Riptor's flame going to oneshot Yor, but she wouldn't even be unscathed by being blasted with fire.

The thing is though that Riptor is going to have a hard time landing a hit on someone who is far more skilled AND has IR on top of that.
I still don't think Yor would just be so impossible to hit, her IR's feat is indeed amazing, but it doesn't make her untouchable.

Yor on the other hand only needs a single hit on Riptor to seal the deal. Yes, Riptor too depending on her claws (Single hit for diseases, Single GOOD hit for Plasma), but Riptor is fighting an uphill battle compared to Yor.
The battle isn't really that uphill. Yes, Yor has poison, is adaptable, skilled and mobile, but Riptor doesn't fall short in anything of this.
Yor has to watch out too, since she can't outmuscle Riptor is she pounces on her, is overal overall at range disadvantage and a cqc exchange is equally dangerous to her because of Riptor's plasma/disease claws, short range fire attacks, sharp teeth and stats disadvantage.

Now Rage. Without solid multipliers on it, I doubt it will be much of a problem for Yor. So long Riptor isnt hitting 3times the speed with it for a significant period of time, it would be not enough to overwhelm Yor. And nothing stops Yor from fighting defensivly while Riptor is juiced up.
Also agree that Yor can deal with it, but it can't be ignored that it is one of Riptor's advantanges and can come in handy in some occasions.

But lets ignore all that for arguments sake. Lets say both combatants are evenly matched. Yor outlasts. Yor remained combat ready and on high alert for a 3 day mission and had multiple fights throughout that mission, while Riptors best stamina feat seems to be a hour 1 constant combat.
Yor can indeed outlast, but I also want to mention (and maybe I should add it to the KI files) that Riptor can undergo at least 3-4 combat-based missions in a day, and her 1-hour long fight fits in any of these.
This to say that 1 hour is an a minimum value, as after the first hour the Ultratech airplanes came in and carpet bombed her enemies, ending the battle.
And I also wanted to mention this. Riptor is very likely to summon an airstrike from an Ultratech base if she determines that the battle is going to be too difficult and she has serious chances to lose. Of course it's far from being a determining factor, since she'd have to stall for an hour, but it's still in there into the mix.

Also kudos to Velox and Witch, I'm really having a good time debating this.

**** me, i hate the undo button. ****** just ate my entire reply because i deleted something accidently and wanted to undo it. Give me a moment

Are you sure the airstrike stuff can be considered here? Isn't that outside influence?
No, because it's Riptor's ability to communicate with the HQ and request help, instead of being her faction coming to rescue her on their own volition.
This is why her file classifies it as summoning.

I'd say Riptor is at the very least capable of keeping up with her.
Some KI characters are incredibly skilled and have a great variety of abilities, and Riptor can represent a threat to pretty much all of them.
To be more clear about what I mentioned earlier, the Shadow Lord war was basically an invasion on global scale where armies of clones of every 9-B KI character and other creatures (Omens, another chatacter with a file), were dropped on several parts of the planet over a span of a time that goes to at the very least two weaks to 2 or 3 months if not more. During this period Riptor was deployed, either alone or with teammates, against one or many of the aforementioned opponents, and the clones grew more and more similar to the original ones in both skill and power, while always retaining the same abilities.
This to say that Riptor doesn't fall short in experience, and despite being younger than Yor, she could already outclass the Fulgores and be a threat to the aforementioned people.

My argument was not "Riptor is unskilled, Yor is, therefor Yor wins", its while Riptor is a capable fighter, Yor has more tangible skill feats and has dealt with situation far more skewed against her.

Riptor might even lunge at her immediately, and that point we can't really tell what happens, as they both could land and dodge some of their best attacks, helped by their abilities, surprise factors, stats and more.
I still don't think Yor would just be so impossible to hit, her IR's feat is indeed amazing, but it doesn't make her untouchable.
The battle isn't really that uphill. Yes, Yor has poison, is adaptable, skilled and mobile, but Riptor doesn't fall short in anything of this.
Yor has to watch out too, since she can't outmuscle Riptor is she pounces on her, is overal overall at range disadvantage and a cqc exchange is equally dangerous to her because of Riptor's plasma/disease claws, short range fire attacks, sharp teeth and stats disadvantage.

And I didnt state that Yor was untouchable. I even agree that Yor isnt skilled to the point where she would perfect Riptor consistently. But that is not my argument in the first place. It is factual that Yor has more defensive abilites and a noticeable edge in skill. And those are huge boons when we consider how both are winning the fight. By oneshotting each other with their respective kill hax. This fight is going to be decided by the first connecting hit. And in such a fight, having the edge in dodging and landing attacks is extremly important. This dosnt mean that Yor is always going to win, but if you threw them a hundred times at each other, Yor will come atop more often.

Like, even if we ignore all of that and say for arguments sake that they will always trade equally. Yor will still come on top slightly more often. Yor is a one trick pony, she will nearly always go for her poison daggers. Riptor is going to lose in a trade if she ever decides to headbutt/tailwhip instead of biting or scratchin Yor. So while both have equally easy kill options, which require only 1 hit, Yor is more reliable by virtue of having only that one option, while Riptors options are far more varied.

But I don't see it impossible for Riptor to even make some distance given the occasion, as she can use her ranged options or the several attacks she can perform while running backwards through Survival Run.

I don't think anyone ever said that Riptor's flame going to oneshot Yor, but she wouldn't even be unscathed by being blasted with fire.
Yor is going to have the advantage if it comes to that though. She only needs to close the distance while dodging, Riptor needs to focus far more, having to run away and aim her attacks at the same time.

I know no one stated that, I'm saying that going for a flame attack in close quarter combat would open Riptor up for a Yor hyperfocused on killing her, who woudnt mind tanking a attack if it means that she land a hit herself.

Also agree that Yor can deal with it, but it can't be ignored that it is one of Riptor's advantanges and can come in handy in some occasions.
It bridges the advantages Yor has yeah, but if Riptor cant spam it or use it for a significant portion of the fight, its not going to sway the battle significantly
Yor can indeed outlast, but I also want to mention (and maybe I should add it to the KI files) that Riptor can undergo at least 3-4 combat-based missions in a day, and her 1-hour long fight fits in any of these.
This to say that 1 hour is an a minimum value, as after the first hour the Ultratech airplanes came in and carpet bombed her enemies, ending the battle.
And I also wanted to mention this. Riptor is very likely to summon an airstrike from an Ultratech base if she determines that the battle is going to be too difficult and she has serious chances to lose. Of course it's far from being a determining factor, since she'd have to stall for an hour, but it's still in there into the mix.
If thats true then you can ignore the stamina argument.
Also kudos to Velox and Witch, I'm really having a good time debating this.
Pleasures.

just to clarify, how affective is the carpet bombing? cus it looks like the fight might drag on a bit and if the bombs get there it will make a big difference

xTDqE1i.jpg

Riptor is going to lose in a trade if she ever decides to headbutt/tailwhip instead of biting or scratchin Yor. So while both have equally easy kill options, which require only 1 hit, Yor is more reliable by virtue of having only that one option, while Riptors options are far more varied
I don't totally agree with that, as because of the stats difference, Yor would be pushed back or down if she were to take a clean hit, even though she'd endure it due to stamina and dura. Riptor's tail attack are almost all meant to sweep, stab or send the opponent flying, and save for the second, I'm not sure Yor would be able to counter that immediately, if she were to be hit by them.

Yor is going to have the advantage if it comes to that though. She only needs to close the distance while dodging, Riptor needs to focus far more, having to run away and aim her attacks at the same time.
Riptor's completely used to this tactic and it's not going to be much of a trouble for her, hit-and-run is her specialty. Her stances and runs are meant to let her go back and forth comfortably, and cover her retreat with a sudden turn or other attacks.

I know no one stated that, I'm saying that going for a flame attack in close quarter combat would open Riptor up for a Yor hyperfocused on killing her, who woudnt mind tanking a attack if it means that she land a hit herself.
About this, I remembered that we sorta have a heat value for her flames. As seen in her Ultimate, her fire can render comparable opponents to ash in moments. I'm not saying they're oneshot-worthy, but taking them head-on is the last thing Yor wants to do and she'd take considerable damage from them.

It bridges the advantages Yor has yeah, but if Riptor cant spam it or use it for a significant portion of the fight, its not going to sway the battle significantly
We don't know how much it should realistically last, we only know it has a time limit and needs a cooldown period after it ends.

If thats true then you can ignore the stamina argument.
just to clarify, how affective is the carpet bombing? cus it looks like the fight might drag on a bit and if the bombs get there it will make a big difference
This is the description of the airstrike. In story it was aimed at at portal that was spewing opponent's non-stop, which Riptor and others had to hold back for those 60 minutes. Obviously bombing Yor while she fights Riptor might cause the latter to be partially hit too, but she'd be expecting it and react consequently, maybe limiting the damage she'd take, unless they clinching at each other and perish together like good friends.
To address possible doubts about whether or not Riptor would expose herself to such a rysk, she's really bent on self-preservation, but it's also programmed (and brainwashed) to do her job at all costs (for example fighting even if her entire pack has been exterminated).

Another thing I never remember is if we equalize even travel speed characters get from running, because Riptor stands out particularly in that regard, as her running speed is subsonic, a value different from her combat speed and superior to Yor's, who diesn't have a travel speed value.
Thus, if travel speed remains unequalized, Riptor's going to run much faster than Yor. If it doesn't, just scrap what I said.

My argument was not "Riptor is unskilled, Yor is, therefor Yor wins", its while Riptor is a capable fighter, Yor has more tangible skill feats and has dealt with situation far more skewed against her.
True, but Riptor's dealt with characters who had similar fighting styles to Yor (mostly double handed weapons [even remotely controlled], acrobatics, assassination techniques...) and much more. Like, her most notable battle was leading her pack to the win against a group of robots who had long plasma wolverine claws, could fire lasers from their eys and plasma from the hands, and could teleport, go invisible and fly, and she did this immediately after hatching.

This to say that while Yor does have more experience, tangible feats and is super smart and adaptable, Riptor too can handle varied opponents and has a strategic mind to not underestimate.

I don't totally agree with that, as because of the stats difference, Yor would be pushed back or down if she were to take a clean hit, even though she'd endure it due to stamina and dura. Riptor's tail attack are almost all meant to sweep, stab or send the opponent flying, and save for the second, I'm not sure Yor would be able to counter that immediately, if she were to be hit by them.

Ignoring that this was an argument for argument sake (It assumes that both were perfectly even combatants), you have to assume that Riptor gets her attack off before Yor for that to work.

Riptor's completely used to this tactic and it's not going to be much of a trouble for her, hit-and-run is her specialty. Her stances and runs are meant to let her go back and forth comfortably, and cover her retreat with a sudden turn or other attacks.

I give you that. Riptor is still in the less favourable position in that situation though, by virtue of dodging being easier than aiming

About this, I remembered that we sorta have a heat value for her flames. As seen in her Ultimate, her fire can render comparable opponents to ash in moments. I'm not saying they're oneshot-worthy, but taking them head-on is the last thing Yor wants to do and she'd take considerable damage from them.

Thats good to know. But as long as it dosnt kill directly, that would be an incon at worst, because Yor would take the chance if cornered.

We don't know how much it should realistically last, we only know it has a time limit and needs a cooldown period after it ends.

A short unspammable unclear speed boost is definitly manageable for Yor

This is the description of the airstrike. In story it was aimed at at portal that was spewing opponent's non-stop, which Riptor and others had to hold back for those 60 minutes. Obviously bombing Yor while she fights Riptor might cause the latter to be partially hit too, but she'd be expecting it and react consequently, maybe limiting the damage she'd take, unless they clinching at each other and perish together like good friends.
To address possible doubts about whether or not Riptor would expose herself to such a rysk, she's really bent on self-preservation, but it's also programmed (and brainwashed) to do her job at all costs (for example fighting even if her entire pack has been exterminated).

If Riptor can just nilly willy carpet bomb the area then I don't know why we are even arguing at this point loool. Yor has nothing on aoe bombing

Another thing I never remember is if we equalize even travel speed characters get from running, because Riptor stands out particularly in that regard, as her running speed is subsonic, a value different from her combat speed and superior to Yor's, who diesn't have a travel speed value.
Thus, if travel speed remains unequalized, Riptor's going to run much faster than Yor. If it doesn't, just scrap what I said.
I cant answer you that, our speed equal rules have gotten so messy I gave up trying to comprehend them.

True, but Riptor's dealt with characters who had similar fighting styles to Yor (mostly double handed weapons [even remotely controlled], acrobatics, assassination techniques...) and much more. Like, her most notable battle was leading her pack to the win against a group of robots who had long plasma wolverine claws, could fire lasers from their eys and plasma from the hands, and could teleport, go invisible and fly, and she did this immediately after hatching.

This to say that while Yor does have more experience, tangible feats and is super smart and adaptable, Riptor too can handle varied opponents and has a strategic mind to not underestimate.

The problem with experience is is that it is heavily tied to the skill level of said assassins. Its not much of an argument when said assassins (I dont know them so correct me) dont stack up to Yor in combat prowess. Like, Yor has more direct combat feats than she has actual stealthy assassination feats and this goes for a **** ton of SpyXFamily assassins

In the actuality of the fight, Riptor is just not as likely to hit her attack as Yor has. Way too many things are lined up for Yor. From higher Skill, which has both offensive and defensive application in close quarter combat, to Yor's IR to even her bloodlust sensing allowing her to feel when a attack is incoming. All of these are small advantages yeeees. But they are advantages Riptor just plainly dosnt have. And in the nature of this fight, those advantages mean life and death. Riptor being stronger than Yor dosnt matter much when she has reliable kill hax on her hand... Claws. This fight is a knife fight in a telephone booth and can literally end in the first strike for the both of them. In a battle where a single hit spells doom for either of them, being able to dodge succesfully a attack more than your opponent is already a deceiding factor. Like, even if I were to concede on Yor being just 1 percent more skilled than Riptor, thats a 1% higher chance for Yor to trade in favour against Riptor, which would be a victory for Yor. Now add Yor's IR, lets say it gives Yor a 5% higher chance to dodge Riptors attack. Thats a 6% higher success chance for Yor to win the trade. Now add another 1 Percent through Yor's bloodlust sensing, which tells her that a attack is incoming. Thats me lowballing the effectiveness of Yors abilitys here. Even if I were to concede and say Riptor = Yor in skill, Yor is still slightly more likely to come out on top of a trade. And this differences matter because thats how volitaile the nature of their fight is.

Like, if this were a balls to the walls slugfest with no plasma and poison bullshit then yes, those advantages woudnt matter much at all. But it isnt. Its 2 predators armed with weapons that can end their opponent in a single scratch

I'm sorry, did I just read that this random dinosaur with mild skill feats is "on par" with Yor Forger? Bro, it's not even comparable in the slightest. Yor outskills by a large margin, stating the dino is something she's never fought doesn't change this fact, her superhuman Martial Art skills would still carry her.

What is the current assessment of how the dino wins here, could someone tell me? How does the battle go down?

I don't think Yor really outskills. Riptor is far from stupid, despite looking and behavior like a dinosaur, she's got human-like intelligence, and is noted to be the most capable of all her sisters, and recurrently establishes herself as the leader when particularly noteworthy stalkers challenge her role as head of the pack.
Riptor is among Ultratech's top cadres, which include the main Fulgore and Cinder, and her role as a member of the alliance, means she's fought clones of basically every KI character and other creatures such as Omens.
Riptor's first achievement was defeating a group of Fulgores while her pack was outnumbered, and while they didn't possess the same skill, all those Fulgores had the same weapons and tools as the main one.
Actually now that Charmander said it, like how much skilled those folks you mentioned in this comment?
And maybe give a skill chain because if what Charmander said is right then Yor has the big skill advantage here

Her body type is also better for agility, her acrobatics are better than her opponent's, just look at her page. Her poison should still be able to kill the dino or greatly weaken her, she has too many wincons and too many opportunities to use them. How does the dino wins, please explaaaaain

Just wait for Saman, making a summary for Riptor is going take a long time as we're in 2 pages already and Saman arguments are always too long to be summarised lel

Just wait for Saman, making a summary for Riptor is going take a long time as we're in 2 pages already and Saman arguments are always too long to be summarised lel
Not looking forward to it. Saman seems to really overextend themselves about something relatively minor, like Riptor's skill in the first page.

If you can't wait then i try my best to summarised what's Riptor wincon here:
  • Flames spam that can be used on varied way (Flame Carpet, Mortar, and Flame Wall)
  • Riptor physiology being a mechanical that made pressure point less effecfive
  • Hypnosis
  • Disease/plasma infection from her claws and teeth (and the claw can be extended)
  • Airstrike call
  • Speed and Range boost via Rage

Thats what i can give right now, i might miss some but as i said, i tried my best lel

Thats good to know. But as long as it dosnt kill directly, that would be an incon at worst, because Yor would take the chance if cornered.
It would kill directly if Yor is exposed enough, in the video it took about 3 seconds of direct exposure to completely incinerate someone that is at least as durable as her, meaning that even normal blasts and fire attacks in general are going to burn much more than normal fire and badly damage Yor.

If Riptor can just nilly willy carpet bomb the area then I don't know why we are even arguing at this point loool. Yor has nothing on aoe bombing
Not really nilly willy, it still takes 60 minutes for the airplanes to come in, and it isn't a starting move.

I cant answer you that, our speed equal rules have gotten so messy I gave up trying to comprehend them.
Me too!

The problem with experience is is that it is heavily tied to the skill level of said assassins. Its not much of an argument when said assassins (I dont know them so correct me) dont stack up to Yor in combat prowess. Like, Yor has more direct combat feats than she has actual stealthy assassination feats and this goes for a **** ton of SpyXFamily assassins
It can be said Riptor can compete equally with any of these characters save for Gargos (the demon at the bottom) for the fact that she went toe to toe with clones of them.
This is also the kind of robot of which she managed to defeat a group by leading her pack to victory despite being outnumbered. Said robots weren't as skilled as that one (since it has its own mind) but had the same stats, abilities and urge to kill.

In the actuality of the fight, Riptor is just not as likely to hit her attack as Yor has. Way too many things are lined up for Yor. From higher Skill, which has both offensive and defensive application in close quarter combat, to Yor's IR to even her bloodlust sensing allowing her to feel when a attack is incoming. All of these are small advantages yeeees. But they are advantages Riptor just plainly dosnt have. And in the nature of this fight, those advantages mean life and death. Riptor being stronger than Yor dosnt matter much when she has reliable kill hax on her hand... Claws. This fight is a knife fight in a telephone booth and can literally end in the first strike for the both of them. In a battle where a single hit spells doom for either of them, being able to dodge succesfully a attack more than your opponent is already a deceiding factor. Like, even if I were to concede on Yor being just 1 percent more skilled than Riptor, thats a 1% higher chance for Yor to trade in favour against Riptor, which would be a victory for Yor. Now add Yor's IR, lets say it gives Yor a 5% higher chance to dodge Riptors attack. Thats a 6% higher success chance for Yor to win the trade. Now add another 1 Percent through Yor's bloodlust sensing, which tells her that a attack is incoming. Thats me lowballing the effectiveness of Yors abilitys here. Even if I were to concede and say Riptor = Yor in skill, Yor is still slightly more likely to come out on top of a trade. And this differences matter because thats how volitaile the nature of their fight is.
From what I drew out so far I'd say it's a game of pros and cons, where Riptor excels more in offensive (or it'd be better to say has more in terms of number) where Yor in defense, with both of them not falling short in the other aspect, especially Yor with her poison.
But I'm also inclined to say the things balance out each other, then we can agree to disagree.

I'm sorry, did I just read that this random dinosaur with mild skill feats is "on par" with Yor Forger? Bro, it's not even comparable in the slightest. Yor outskills by a large margin, stating the dino is something she's never fought doesn't change this fact, her superhuman Martial Art skills would still carry her.
This isn't an argument, this is disingenous downplay that borders spite.
I could very well say that Riptor is used at fighting opponents who are possess many more haxes and years of battle compared to Yor, if you look at what the KI cast is composed of.
We can all sink the other character in the mud and raise our now to the top, so let's avoid this kind of discussion and stick to honesty.

Actually now that Charmander said it, like how much skilled those folks you mentioned in this comment?
And maybe give a skill chain because if what Charmander said is right then Yor has the big skill advantage here
See what I said before, you can check the verse page and the characters by yourself, it's just easier than me copy-pasting each of them.
The skillchain goes in the way that the final boss created an army of clones of these characters and some more who don't have a file yet (Notably Sadira, Maya and Mira [the KI wiki does a bad job at splitting Maya's old and new self, one day I'll get to these files]), and while some characters are stronger (Jago, Kim Wu and Tusk) or weaker (Sadira and Mira), they generally remain comparable and able to wound and kill each other, and the clones progressively got more and more similar to them and always had the same powers (save for Tusk's invulnerability).

her acrobatics are better than her opponent's, just look at her page.
They are, but also look at the KI cast's pages, the acrobatics of many of them don't fall short in comparison to Yor's.

Her poison should still be able to kill the dino or greatly weaken her, she has too many wincons and too many opportunities to use them. How does the dino wins, please explaaaaain
We've literally talked about this for the entire thread.

Not looking forward to it. Saman seems to really overextend themselves about something relatively minor, like Riptor's skill in the first page.
I either don't explain enough or explain too much, at this point I'd better just shut up and not voice for my character.

If you can't wait then i try my best to summarised what's Riptor wincon here:
  • Flames spam that can be used on varied way (Flame Carpet, Mortar, and Flame Wall)
  • Riptor physiology being a mechanical that made pressure point less effecfive
  • Hypnosis
  • Disease/plasma infection from her claws and teeth (and the claw can be extended)
  • Airstrike call
  • Speed and Range boost via Rage
It's a good summary, I'd also add that Riptor's fire can incinerate Yor in about 3-4 seconds of direct exposure (see one of my recet posts). There's no way to know what kind of damage a single blast or stream would do, just use that notion as a basis.

It would kill directly if Yor is exposed enough, in the video it took about 3 seconds of direct exposure to completely incinerate someone that is at least as durable as her, meaning that even normal blasts and fire attacks in general are going to burn much more than normal fire and badly damage Yor.

Not really nilly willy, it still takes 60 minutes for the airplanes to come in, and it isn't a starting move.

Me too!

It can be said Riptor can compete equally with any of these characters save for Gargos (the demon at the bottom) for the fact that she went toe to toe with clones of them.
This is also the kind of robot of which she managed to defeat a group by leading her pack to victory despite being outnumbered. Said robots weren't as skilled as that one (since it has its own mind) but had the same stats, abilities and urge to kill.

From what I drew out so far I'd say it's a game of pros and cons, where Riptor excels more in offensive (or it'd be better to say has more in terms of number) where Yor in defense, with both of them not falling short in the other aspect, especially Yor with her poison.
But I'm also inclined to say the things balance out each other, then we can agree to disagree.

This isn't an argument, this is disingenous downplay that borders spite.
Don't try and play this card, you will lose.
I could very well say that Riptor is used at fighting opponents who are possess many more haxes and years of battle compared to Yor, if you look at what the KI cast is composed of.
We can all sink the other character in the mud and raise our now to the top, so let's avoid this kind of discussion and stick to honesty.
Raise to the mud? You are actually throwing a hissy fit because I called the Riptor's skill feats "mild"? On god? Stop with this silly narrative.

Nah. It absolutely is an argument, Yor's skills are on a level that no other KI character has matched as far as the profiles can tell. Years of experience does not correlate to that level of skill, nor can match it, as Yor's skillset is too high even for other assassins in the field with decades of experience, whose members each can wipe out entire military troupes. This single feat is better than Riptor's entire arsenal. Quality over quantity.

Since she was a child, the essence of combat has been drilled into her brain, and murder appears to be the only thing she is good at as a result. She is regarded as especially powerful, even amongst the Garden, an assassin group whose members are each capable of wiping out an entire military troop
They are, but also look at the KI cast's pages, the acrobatics of many of them don't fall short in comparison to Yor's.
And? Is the argument, "Riptor has dealt with them before"? Because it's not an argument. Yor still has the advantage on that department and a skill level which she has to better use said advantage better than these characters did. She is going to exploit that in this battle. She just needs one piercing damage hit in, if the poison works which you didn't inform me if it did.
I'm asking because I will not read through counter-arguments I did not partake in.

If you don't disagree with the advantage and that Yor can use it, this reply was just moot.
We've literally talked about this for the entire thread.
Great, what's the current argument about the poison then?
It's a good summary, I'd also add that Riptor's fire can incinerate Yor in about 3-4 seconds of direct exposure (see one of my recet posts). There's no way to know what kind of damage a single blast or stream would do, just use that notion as a basis.
Cool story, point is, it's not hitting her, ever.

Which mean the chance is low for the hypnosis going to work based on what has been discussed here

Well, i'm still with incon but the current concensus so far are towards Yor now instead Riptor
@SamanPatou Are you still have an arguments or this is the wrap?

Which mean the chance is low for the hypnosis going to work based on what has been discussed here

Well, i'm still with incon but the current concensus so far are towards Yor now instead Riptor
@SamanPatou Are you still have an arguments or this is the wrap?
What's the conclusion on the poison?

also, seemingly rage doesn't increase the combat speed, just running speed so it's a useless speed boost

The chances of hypnosis working depends on the time required for it to work
For examples, if hypnosis instantly works the moment Yor looks into Riptor's eyes then, shes screwed.
If hypnosis requires Yor to look into Riptors eyes for a minute then hypnosis probably wont work.

What's the conclusion on the poison?
You mean Yor's poison? It has been discussed a lot in this thread but as far as we know, it sure can kill Riptor
Sorry if my answer isn't clear, i'll leave this to the others since right now i'm going to charging my phone
also, seemingly rage doesn't increase the combat speed, just running speed so it's a useless speed boost
Wait really? That leave to the range boost then

@SamanPatou

Well yeah, agree to disagree. We both have said what could be said. Its up to the vote now.

Im voting Yor for my reasons. I personally believe that Yor's advantages through Skill, IR and her senses make it more likely for her to land a killing blow through poison daggers than it is for Riptor

You mean Yor's poison? It has been discussed a lot in this thread but as far as we know, it sure can kill Riptor
Sorry if my answer isn't clear, i'll leave this to the others since right now i'm going to charging my phone.
She literally just needs one stab in, and she wins, basically?

I'm sorry, but claiming Riptor has any chance of achieving her wincons before Yor is crazy

Back