• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Close-Range Tourney Final Match: Gaius Julius Caesar vs Riptor

Yeah basically but also

FcSXN6saIAEktHD.jpg

Damn so basically Riptor and Yor wreck this tourney if they didn't met and fought each others in first place
I would say Julius would have a pretty good time against Yor, actually.
And Phase Spider would have easily taken Riptor IMO.

Anyway, to the match at hand, given that Riptor is a cyborg her abilities come from weapons, right? So could Julius just summon Riptor's stuff to use against her?

Actually... seeing how a horse in armor is apparently considered a weapon for Julius' purposes... could Julius summon a Riptor?

And Phase Spider would have easily taken Riptor IMO.
Not sure, Riptor's got experience fighting and defeating characters smarter and stronger than the spider, who also use the same abilities on top of several others.

Anyway, to the match at hand, given that Riptor is a cyborg her abilities come from weapons, right? So could Julius just summon Riptor's stuff to use against her?
Actually... seeing how a horse in armor is apparently considered a weapon for Julius' purposes... could Julius summon a Riptor?
It's weird to say what can be classified as a weapon, Riptor's plainly half mechanical, has metal spikes, an artifical tail and we just don't know the reason why she can spit fire or how her claws are made.

Dunno, there's a whole army of Stalkers (Riptor's species), so I guess Julius might summon one, but I doubt it would work as anything more than a distraction, since Riptor's explicitly the best out of all stalkers and periodically defeats every notable stalker who tries to challenge her for the lead of the pack.

Anyway, before I say anything else, Julius should really get some calc, because stuff he scales to, such as slicing the coliseum and demolishing the throne room, should be possible to calc and we'd get an actual number out of them, instead of assuming he's baseline 9-A.

It's weird to say what can be classified as a weapon, Riptor's plainly half mechanical, has metal spikes, an artifical tail and we just don't know the reason why she can spit fire or how her claws are made.

Dunno, there's a whole army of Stalkers (Riptor's species), so I guess Julius might summon one, but I doubt it would work as anything more than a distraction, since Riptor's explicitly the best out of all stalkers and periodically defeats every notable stalker who tries to challenge her for the lead of the pack.
Well, Riptor would have to fight that while fighting Julius at the same time. And he could technically summon multiple ones... or a model mirroring Riptor in particular. Or just Riptor's weapons and then wield them with perfect skill.

I don't think such a weapon-reliant fighter stands a chance against someone that can wield all the same weapons, with equal or higher proficiency, and a bunch of other weapons, with a stat advantage on top.

Anyway, before I say anything else, Julius should really get some calc, because stuff he scales to, such as slicing the coliseum and demolishing the throne room, should be possible to calc and we'd get an actual number out of them, instead of assuming he's baseline 9-A.
I didn't make the profiles and revising them isn't on the top of my priority list right now (I have like 10 other characters for which I plan revisions). Revising characters in the middle of a tournament is lame anyway. Especially in the final round. (you have no idea how bad tourneys would go if I revised every bad calc I came across...)

So I will just have the debate now with what's on the profile. Revisions can come later.

Well, Riptor would have to fight that while fighting Julius at the same time. And he could technically summon multiple ones... or a model mirroring Riptor in particular. Or just Riptor's weapons and then wield them with perfect skill.
I don't think such a weapon-reliant fighter stands a chance against someone that can wield all the same weapons, with equal or higher proficiency, and a bunch of other weapons, with a stat advantage on top.
If Julius can just summon a band of Riptor and is willing to do so, I'd say he wins quite easily.
Still, wouldn't normally he also summon war elephants or a stampede of running horses even in his origin series, if it was in-character?

Still, I wouldn't call Riptor a weapon-reliant fighter. Her tools have artificial origin, but they are body parts.
What's Julius going to summon? A bunch of plasma claws he can't neither use nor touch and some random metal spikes? At that point I'd say he'd stick with weapons can use efficiently.

I didn't make the profiles and revising them isn't on the top of my priority list right now (I have like 10 other characters for which I plan revisions). Revising characters in the middle of a tournament is lame anyway. Especially in the final round. (you have no idea how bad tourneys would go if I revised every bad calc I came across...)
So I will just have the debate now with what's on the profile. Revisions can come later.
I get it, it's just that Julius seems to have the potential to surpass the 7.5x gap.
Anyway, as of now Julius's got about a 2.5x advantage

Following for now but Mind Control might be useful here. I don't think Julius will let his armor be melted but he'll definitely take more damage from it.

Back