• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Close-Range Tourney Match 1: Yor Briar vs Riptor

Like seriously all of sudden FRA train while i'm away (so does the others SxP supporters), yeah how this is fair?
I want all the vote to be on hold or be removed because this is not over yet

Be that as it may, what exactly is Yor going to do to win?

Pressure points are nice but then there's fire attacks. She's going to get burnt. Also a cow is very different from what Riptor is.

Riptor has a stat advantage on her by a bit.

But assuming that Yor gets a lucky streak, what exactly stops her from falling prey to a mind control?

Be that as it may, what exactly is Yor going to do to win?

Pressure points are nice but then there's fire attacks. She's going to get burnt. Also a cow is very different from what Riptor is.
She has IR, so the flames can be avoided, tho what Saman said is right as she can't dance throught it forever
Riptor has a stat advantage on her by a bit.
Thats fair
But assuming that Yor gets a lucky streak, what exactly stops her from falling prey to a mind control?
The chance are pretty low if you ask me, it can be happen if Yor studied her and accidently looked at Riptor eyes

She has IR, so the flames can be avoided, tho what Saman said is right as she can't dance throught it forever

Thats fair

The chance are pretty low if you ask me, it can be happen if Yor studied her and accidently looked at Riptor eyes
Sounds reasonable. Riptor's fire attacks probably don't match his strongest attacks or at least IR helps there if it's not too much AOE.

Yeah, but if the case is above I'll move my FRA into a tie vote since it sounds like this comes to either pressure points or hypnosis/hit Yor enough times.

Yeah, the sudden FRA train was a little odd.

Anyway, I still believe pressure points aren't a viable option, how is Yor gonna know the physiology of a cybernetic human-raptor hybrid? Given that Riptor's spine completely artificial and she has other mechanical parts visible, Yor might even end up striking a metal nerve or joint that doesn't work like a real one.
Besides, landing an ineffective blow would leave Yor open to a counterattack, something she wants to avoid at any cost.

Even at close range, Yor's poison needles have good range and her mix of ES and IR help dodging, but Riptor doesn't only make extensive use of her claws and the tail (the latter can also be extended beyond normal), but her fire can be used as a stream, to light the ground aflame (Flame Carpet) or as close and "high" range projectiles (Flame Mortar and Flame Wall), making even harder for Yor to approach Riptor in melee, also given the stats disadvantage.
I also want to throw in Riptor's speed and range boost (via Rage).

Anyway, I still believe pressure points aren't a viable option, how is Yor gonna know the physiology of a cybernetic human-raptor hybrid? Given that Riptor's spine completely artificial and she has other mechanical parts visible, Yor might even end up striking a metal nerve or joint that doesn't work like a real one.
I mean she can just targetting some of the spot that aren't mechanical as she still part of flesh, thats my take
Even at close range, Yor's poison needles have good range and her mix of ES and IR help dodging, but Riptor doesn't only make extensive use of her claws and the tail (the latter can also be extended beyond normal), but her fire can be used as a stream, to light the ground aflame (Flame Carpet) or as close and "high" range projectiles (Flame Mortar and Flame Wall), making even harder for Yor to approach Riptor in melee, also given the stats disadvantage.
Fair but that mean it's come which those attacks going to hit first, and while the flamds can be used on varied mean like you bring, chance to hit Yor are still going to be difficult, you also forgot that afterimage are still going to be an factor here
I also want to throw in Riptor's speed and range boost (via Rage).
IR can handled it and i dunno but if Riptor is in rage, her skill became less effective and making her more predictable, no? Unless it's like the case of Type Deadheat Mach from Kamen Rider Drive where despite in Rage mode, the dude can still maintain his cool and thinking (controlled Rage)

I mean she can just targetting some of the spot that aren't mechanical as she still part of flesh, thats my take
She has to guess, since she can't reliably tell if she'll find steel under the scaly skin, or even know where the pressure points of a human-dinosaur are.

Fair but that mean it's come which those attacks going to hit first, and while the flamds can be used on varied mean like you bring, chance to hit Yor are still going to be difficult, you also forgot that afterimage are still going to be an factor here
Imho I don't think afterimages are going to be much of a trouble, the only for them is Yor's dashing through people while the real one is still more defined than the afterimage. They can be confusing at first, but no as effective as other examples of the same ability.

IR can handled it and i dunno but if Riptor is in rage, her skill became less effective and making her more predictable, no? Unless it's like the case of Type Deadheat Mach from Kamen Rider Drive where despite in Rage mode, the dude can still maintain his cool and thinking (controlled Rage)
IR goes so far against speed, her body still needs to abide to its capabilities.
Nothing suggests Riptor becomes less capable when in Rage, since it's not a berserk mode and the only thing it does is boosting her stats.
At most you can say she becomes more ferocious, but Riptor's gonna be everything other than predictable with or without rage.

She has to guess, since she can't reliably tell if she'll find steel under the scaly skin, or even know where the pressure points of a human-dinosaur are.
The only noticable of mechanical part of Riptor is her arms and feets, outside that just like you said
However can she just aim for the head?
Imho I don't think afterimages are going to be much of a trouble, the only for them is Yor's dashing through people while the real one is still more defined than the afterimage. They can be confusing at first, but no as effective as other examples of the same ability.
I rechecked Riptor page and she can sense something with her smell so i think this one is fair, as a battle goes Yor going to be bleeding so the afterimage will get less effective
IR goes so far against speed, her body still needs to abide to its capabilities.
Yeah but that still going to be enough for competeting Riptor at Rage
Nothing suggests Riptor becomes less capable when in Rage, since it's not a berserk mode and the only thing it does is boosting her stats.
At most you can say she becomes more ferocious, but Riptor's gonna be everything other than predictable with or without rage.
Oh right, i kinda mixed it lel
Fair with this one tho Yor can still deal with those albeit with more difficulty

Honestly, this fight is incon at best with Riptor has some slightly advantage but as long she can hold still, Yor can competeting with Riptor until either one of them land the fatal hit

So yeah i'm still with voting incon and the fact that i've carried Yor to the point of being exhausted lmao

Live footage of @Veloxt1r0kore after carried Yor over a debates:
kamen-rider-death.gif

as much as i sympathize with being the sole debator for multiple characters, I still vote riptor taking this more often than yor
Riptor FRA

The only noticable of mechanical part of Riptor is her arms and feets, outside that just like you said
However can she just aim for the head?
As it can be seen here, Riptor's got several more external and internal mechanical parts.
And yes, Yor can aim for the head, but at that point she's just going to try stab it with her needles, instead of trying to pressure point something she doesn't know.

I rechecked Riptor page and she can sense something with her smell so i think this one is fair, as a battle goes Yor going to be bleeding so the afterimage will get less effective
You don't really need ES for that, Yor's scan shows that the main body is still more definite than the afterimages, which becomes progressively more transparent, and once Riptor notices she just leaves them behind her, she can just guess the pattern and follow the main body alone, since Yor hasn't shown to perform maneuvers like Roshi or Goku confounding the opponent with multiple images.

Yeah but that still going to be enough for competeting Riptor at Rage
It honestly depends on the situation.

Imma wait for Witch's reply

There is some of factors i forgot to mention like stealth
That works both ways, as Riptor's excellent in stealth too, other than being artificially hardwired for it.
The battlefield is Central Park at day by SBA, so I guess the chances to employ some stealth tactic depend on where the battle takes place.

Riptor's not unused at fighting stealthy opponents, tho. She led her pack to the win against a larger group of Fulgores, which are also developed to be stealthy assassins and can teleport and become invisible.
It's also very likely that Riptor stumbled upon some Mimic of the several KI characters who have stealth mastery, so that's another plus in her experience record.

and social influencing, but i'll leave it to Witchy right now
I doubt it's going to work, Riptor's much more intelligent than any dog

Back