• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Close-Range Tourney Semi-Finals Match 2: Riptor vs Axel Stone

Riptor vs Axel Stone
  • 5 meters apart, Speeds equalized, standard equipment given
  • Ranged equipment is restricted if there are any
  • Axel is in his third key
  • SBA otherwise
0.0026 tons versus 0.003 tons

A period of one week will be given for debate. After 7 days, if this match has not been concluded, the one with the most votes will advance. If it is inconclusive or equal votes by then, a coin toss will be called by either one who submitted the characters in their respective matches. The organizer reserves the right to shorten the period of debate at his convenience.

Ok so the two of them are about equal in AP, Stamina, and their probably comparable in skill. While Axel has the superior LS and is smarter, riptor's has better range and Abilities. I'm kind of leaning towards Riptor here but I'll wait and see what other people think.

He has a resistance to poison manipulation, but yeah Hypnosis is a big thing that Riptor has going for her
Wasn't sure which key was being used so thanks for clearing it up. Yeah hypnosis can be used as a keep away measure. I think I'm gonna toss a vote to Riptor for now because of that and your reasoning. For now at least

I think Axel has better ranged combat tbh. I don't really know who wins beyond that, so if people wanna vote Riptor I don't mind

I think Axel has better ranged combat tbh. I don't really know who wins beyond that, so if people wanna vote Riptor I don't mind
I'd say they're somewhat even tbh, if Riptor doesn't have a slight advantage. I'm not sure if this Axel has the Ultimate Dragon Wing, otherwise he's "limited" to Star Moves, which seem to at least cost more stamina than normal. On the other hand, Riptor can casually perform his fire breath attacks without having to save energy, as her version of a Star Move are the Shadow Moves.

Axel has experience fighting almost everything, so I don't think he'd be too surprised by a dinosaur, but since he hasn't really met anything like that he might struggle a bit to adapt, idk.
Likewise, Riptor has fought characters with similar abilities, including martial artists like Axel, and lacks in the experience department, while otherwise makes up with instinct and smarts, given the characters she's managed to defeat.
Skill is once again a weird argument to make, as it depends more of each other's battle savvyness.

Axel has the stats advantage, being about 2X stronger than Riptor and having higher LS, which renders useless Riptor's attempts at pouncing on him and pinning him down.
The difference still isn't too much, and I could dare saying Riptor somewhat makes it up with piercing damage, plasma/disease and damage boost, although the latter applies to Axel too.

I can't really comment on the stamina side, but no one seems to greatly trump the other.

Riptor has apparently more deadly abilities at a first glance, given the properties of her claws, the heat of her fire, hypnosis, and the small speed and range boost. On the other hand, Axel's quite good and experienced with his toolkit, and while he has to stay on his toes and be weary on what he doesn't even know (otherwise he can guess Riptor's powers), he seemingly isn't overwhelmed.
Riptor's summoning can come in handy if the battle drags for too long, but it would be open to the same downsides I've argued in her battle against Yor.

Once again I don't know how much Axel could be fooled by Riptor's appearance, aka thinking her a dumb lizard and thus underestimate her.

Ofc I'm not voting yet, just giving a primary input.

I'd say they're somewhat even tbh, if Riptor doesn't have a slight advantage. I'm not sure if this Axel has the Ultimate Dragon Wing, otherwise he's "limited" to Star Moves, which seem to at least cost more stamina than normal. On the other hand, Riptor can casually perform his fire breath attacks without having to save energy, as her version of a Star Move are the Shadow Moves.
He does not (and that's a star move anyway), though if he uses Pipe Rage that effectively doubles as a bunch of extra projectiles after the usage since he can pick them up and toss them.

I wouldn't really interpret stamina to be the restriction behind Star Moves, although I guess it's true they probably don't spam them anyway.
Axel has experience fighting almost everything, so I don't think he'd be too surprised by a dinosaur, but since he hasn't really met anything like that he might struggle a bit to adapt, idk.
He has fought like, alien robots, so non-humanoid foes aren't off the table for him.
Riptor has apparently more deadly abilities at a first glance, given the properties of her claws, the heat of her fire, hypnosis, and the small speed and range boost. On the other hand, Axel's quite good and experienced with his toolkit, and while he has to stay on his toes and be weary on what he doesn't even know (otherwise he can guess Riptor's powers), he seemingly isn't overwhelmed.
Do we really know if the bacteria take effect in a combat applicable timeframe? That shouldn't be the default assumption tbh. The actual potency of hypnosis is kinda hazy too, especially given the source is an in-verse promo material aimed at non-combatants.
Riptor's summoning can come in handy if the battle drags for too long, but it would be open to the same downsides I've argued in her battle against Yor.
That just seems like a worse version of Axel's Police Call tbh, he can call in a napalm strike at any time.
Once again I don't know how much Axel could be fooled by Riptor's appearance, aka thinking her a dumb lizard and thus underestimate her.
I don't think most people would underestimate a human-sized dinosaur

He does not (and that's a star move anyway), though if he uses Pipe Rage that effectively doubles as a bunch of extra projectiles after the usage since he can pick them up and toss them.
Makes sense

Do we really know if the bacteria take effect in a combat applicable timeframe? That shouldn't be the default assumption tbh. The actual potency of hypnosis is kinda hazy too, especially given the source is an in-verse promo material aimed at non-combatants.
The bacteria should be immediate, if not very quick, since it's basically those or plasma, and the effect is kinda the same.
Riptor's claws bear a strong resemblance to Fulgore's plasma claws, so them being plasma too should make sense, but even if the Ultratech legal meant to use that as a cover, the flesh-eating bacteria should still have comparable effects.

I agree that the hypnosis timeframe in hazy, but as I argued in the previous match, the manual says to never look a Stalker into the eyes, since that's what they do lull their prey. Imho, the fact they don't say something like "don't stare for too long" or "don't maintain a prolonged look" suggests a very short timeframe.

That just seems like a worse version of Axel's Police Call tbh, he can call in a napalm strike at any time.
I'd say worse because it might strike Riptor too, and it takes an hour, but it should have higher AoE.
Anyway, Axel's police call is more immediate.

I don't think most people would underestimate a human-sized dinosaur
What I mean is thinking her a dumb lizard, instead of a human-like being with fighting skill and experience.

Back