• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so 2 things:

Still find upscaling Model ZX from Model X's DXB to not be quite convincing. I re-watched the scene with Serpent incapping Vent/Aile, and yeah, I'm not convinced this is a certain one-shot gap: Vent/Aile without much proper combat experience just got done fighting an army of robots, inconned a crazed up Model Z that had previously fought against Serpent, Prometheus & Pandora (Serpent struck him down in the cutscene), and just before Serpent struck them down, Prometheus reflected Vent/Aile's own charged shot back at him. Safe to say Vent/Aile were sufficiently weakened to the point where it would allow a one-shot.

Also, the deal with Omega? I mean... It's Zero's X-Era body, which doesn't have the Accelerated Development of the Z-Era Body, so there's no actual reason he'd get stronger. That body would only get stronger with upgrades as it did during the X-Era. Also, the Model OX fusion being > Model ZX fusion (this was actually stated for anyone that doesn't know) might just prove that Base Omega always was > Z-Era Zero (altho not to a one-shot extent) as opposed to him having gotten stronger which makes Zero all the more of a ******* skill monster LOL

So... Yeah. IMHO, I don't buy Model ZX being > Model X's DXB. Sorry.

But everything else in the CRT (DRB, SA & DGS stacking for Rock, X and Vent/Aile getting a DXB) gets an a OK from me and can be indexed with only a possibly rating (with the agreed multipliers) as long as that's allowed. Just because Naruto didn't do it in their profiles doesn't necessarily mean it's not allowed (different contexts after all). But confirmation on whether or not it can be done in this case would be great.

NOTE: OH, YOU FORGOT COPY X. COPY X WOULD ALSO GET A DXB. Can't forget about him...

btw, while we're at it, someone added post stardroid invasion weapons to Mega Man's pre stardroid invasion key. That should be fixed.

I might or might not have noticed that days ago and was too lazy to do anything about it.
These changes were never authorised or approved of in a CRT afaik, so these should be rolled back definitely. I'll go ahead and request it to be rolled back to the previous version in the all purpose thread.

Okay, so 2 things:

Still find upscaling Model ZX from Model X's DXB to not be quite convincing. I re-watched the scene with Serpent incapping Vent/Aile, and yeah, I'm not convinced this is a certain one-shot gap: Vent/Aile without much proper combat experience just got done fighting an army of robots, inconned a crazed up Model Z that had previously fought against Serpent, Prometheus & Pandora (Serpent struck him down in the cutscene), and just before Serpent struck them down, Prometheus reflected Vent/Aile's own charged shot back at him. Safe to say Vent/Aile were sufficiently weakened to the point where it would allow a one-shot.

Also, the deal with Omega? I mean... It's Zero's X-Era body, which doesn't have the Accelerated Development of the Z-Era Body, so there's no actual reason he'd get stronger. That body would only get stronger with upgrades as it did during the X-Era. Also, the Model OX fusion being > Model ZX fusion (this was actually stated for anyone that doesn't know) might just prove that Base Omega always was > Z-Era Zero (altho not to a one-shot extent) as opposed to him having gotten stronger which makes Zero all the more of a ******* skill monster LOL

So... Yeah. IMHO, I don't buy Model ZX being > Model X's DXB. Sorry.

But everything else in the CRT (DRB, SA & DGS stacking for Rock, X and Vent/Aile getting a DXB) gets an a OK from me and can be indexed with only a possibly rating (with the agreed multipliers) as long as that's allowed. Just because Naruto didn't do it in their profiles doesn't necessarily mean it's not allowed (different contexts after all). But confirmation on whether or not it can be done in this case would be great.

NOTE: OH, YOU FORGOT COPY X. COPY X WOULD ALSO GET A DXB. Can't forget about him...

These changes were never authorised or approved of in a CRT afaik, so these should be rolled back definitely. I'll go ahead and request it to be rolled back to the previous version in the all purpose thread.
I guess that makes sense, though ZX Aile not having two busters is just really ******* stupid considering she still has all of X's powers in that form.

Actually, Omega can get stronger without upgrades as X-Era Zero and X have feats like having all of their attacks getting stone-walled by Hymax yet later on they can beat him in the same game, so Omega getting stronger after hundreds of years since his last fight isn't too absurd to say when you have crazier feats of power growth from inferior characters.

Hmmm

I understood and agree with the multipliers (tho I'd rather have DGS as a 10x than a 100x, but that's me), but how exactly would this impact the values and which characters would scale to which values?

Hmmm

I understood and agree with the multipliers (tho I'd rather have DGS as a 10x than a 100x, but that's me), but how exactly would this impact the values and which characters would scale to which values?
The only people who scale to the DGS buff on its own are the DGS Robot Masters. No one would scale to Rock combining all of his amps except for X and Zero since they're verbatim stated to surpass Rock in every way as well as the Reploids since they're based on X.

I don't understand anything but I'm curious where this is going, I'll follow, but that means I won't be able to do fights with Rock for now

I'm not very knowledgeable on Mega Man, but I've read everything here, and Migue's arguments make a lot of sense to me.
I really appreciate you giving your opinion on the thread, though I will say that no one has addressed this point yet.
Actually, Omega can get stronger without upgrades as X-Era Zero and X have feats like having all of their attacks getting stone-walled by Hymax yet later on they can beat him in the same game, so Omega getting stronger after hundreds of years since his last fight isn't too absurd to say when you have crazier feats of power growth from inferior characters.

High Max you mean? That only applies to X. HIS attacks were stonewalled in the Intro Stage, while Zero was MIA at the time. You can’t fight High Max as Zero at the beginning of the game.

Also, given how Isoc (who’s totally, ABSOLUTELY NOT Dr. Wily) finds it not surprising that Zero beat High Max, but is absolutely baffled that X did, I think it’s fair to say he upgraded him. Especially with how easily Isoc restrains Zero (he knows his workings extremely well, so it’s not a stretch to say he repaired him and upgraded him).

Still think his boss fight is symbolic to everything wrong with Mega Man X6. Seriously, why do you need SPECIAL WEAPONS to damage the ******?

High Max you mean? That only applies to X. HIS attacks were stonewalled in the Intro Stage, while Zero was MIA at the time. You can’t fight High Max as Zero at the beginning of the game.

Also, given how Isoc (who’s totally, ABSOLUTELY NOT Dr. Wily) finds it not surprising that Zero beat High Max, but is absolutely baffled that X did, I think it’s fair to say he upgraded him. Especially with how easily Isoc restrains Zero (he knows his workings extremely well, so it’s not a stretch to say he repaired him and upgraded him).

Still think his boss fight is symbolic to everything wrong with Mega Man X6. Seriously, why do you need SPECIAL WEAPONS to damage the ******?
That seems jank but whatever.... It just confuses my on why Omega wouldn't have the same power upgrading system as Zero since Zero's body is a copy of his original AKA Omega.

I would’ve actually agreed that Omega also had it had it not been for the fact that Zero’s Z-era body was stated to have > capabilities than his OG body. Oh, well…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back