• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Alright so we currently accept both the Double Rock Buster and Double Gear System as 10× amps for Rock but I've been shown a scan of Rock's Super Adaptor that pretty much confirms he's superior to anything base Rock can dish out which would include the Double Rock Buster. This is that scan. The Double Gear System Robot Master's are then confirmed to be superior to anything in Rock's arsenal, which would have to include the Super Adaptor as well as a Super Adaptor Double Rock Buster. At the very bare minimum Rock has three different potential 100× amps through the combinations of DRB/DGS, DRB/SA and SA/DGS and has a possible 1,000× amp if he uses all three of them together. At a high ball this would be if you take the DGS being superior to a SA/DRB combo then that could spike this combo up to a 10,000× amp at maximum. I know this sounds absolutely ******* absurd but based on the statements we have this all just makes sense. Thank you for giving me the time of day.

Edit: X also has the Double Rock Buster (technically a Double X Buster) so he should also have a 10× amp on his Profile.

Edit 2: Aile and Ashe literally can turn into Model ZX which has all the abilities of X and Zero which should also include the Double Buster amp.

Last edited:
A little problem with Double Mega Buster is that it likely happened pre Stardroids invasion, when Rock was strongly amped, so it may not longer he such an increase

A little problem with Double Mega Buster is that it likely happened pre Stardroids invasion, when Rock was strongly amped, so it may not longer he such an increase
I'm pretty sure that we accept SAR as Post Stardroid Invasion. Rodri made a blog explaining it.

Anyway, I currently don't have any strong feelings about this CRT. So I'm just going to sit back and observe before giving my input.

Okay, so… The logic I’m picking up here is that SA!Rock is > DRB!Rock, which we have accepted as 10x. As such, SA!Rock would be > a 10x amp. It assumes he can stack both of those things, which would result in a 100x amp. And then because the DGS users were stated to be unstoppable by Dr. Light, the DGS is > 100x. And so, we’re stacking all of these things to get a 10,000x AP amp.

… I mean… I can see the logic… Thankfully, no one would really scale aside from Rock, X & Zero, and Vent/Aile and Grey & Ashe, so inconsistency is certainly not a problem here. And no, Base Rock taking hits from DGS Users in 11 is gameplay mechanics since it’s implied non-DGS users wouldn’t stand a chance and Dr. Wily even says the ONLY reason he lost was because Rock had a DGS on him.

One problem I could potentially see being tossed at you is assuming he can stack all of those things at the same time. Nothing says he can’t, but at the same time… nothing says he can…? I’m…in a bit of a limbo here. For now, count me in as neutral, with a minor inclination to agreements. I’d like to think about this more, ‘cause this is certainly interesting and I do think the logic is sound.

Okay, so… The logic I’m picking up here is that SA!Rock is > DRB!Rock, which we have accepted as 10x. As such, SA!Rock would be > a 10x amp. It assumes he can stack both of those things, which would result in a 100x amp. And then because the DGS users were stated to be unstoppable by Dr. Light, the DGS is > 100x. And so, we’re stacking all of these things to get a 10,000x AP amp.

… I mean… I can see the logic… Thankfully, no one would really scale aside from Rock, X & Zero, and Vent/Aile and Grey & Ashe, so inconsistency is certainly not a problem here. And no, Base Rock taking hits from DGS Users in 11 is gameplay mechanics since it’s implied non-DGS users wouldn’t stand a chance and Dr. Wily even says the ONLY reason he lost was because Rock had a DGS on him.

One problem I could potentially see being tossed at you is assuming he can stack all of those things at the same time. Nothing says he can’t, but at the same time… nothing says he can…? I’m…in a bit of a limbo here. For now, count me in as neutral, with a minor inclination to agreements. I’d like to think about this more, ‘cause this is certainly interesting and I do think the logic is sound.
I mean we know that at the very least SA + DRB and DGS + DRB are possible since you can literally still use his Buster in those forms. It's SA + DGS that's iffy but there's really no reason he shouldn't be able to use it like that, especially when the whole point of the DGS is to make the other weapons Rock has be better since it upgrades their power and effects. Since the SA counts as a weapon like the ones you get from the Robot Masters in MM7, that means it should be totally fine working with the DGS.

I mean we know that at the very least SA + DRB and DGS + DRB are possible since you can literally still use his Buster in those forms. It's SA + DGS that's iffy but there's really no reason he shouldn't be able to use it like that, especially when the whole point of the DGS is to make the other weapons Rock has be better since it upgrades their power and effects. Since the SA counts as a weapon like the ones you get from the Robot Masters in MM7, that means it should be totally fine working with the DGS.
Strain tbh…

Idk, give me some moment to think about dis…

Strain tbh…

Idk, give me some moment to think about dis…
Strain that doesn't really matter due to spare bodies. If Rock really really wants to take someone out then he has more than enough lives to go for a suicide attack.

I'm in the same boat as Migue. I can definitely see the logic here, by I'm not entirely sure that the stacking makes the most sense when Rock never uses all of them at the same time afaik.

I still need a bit of convincing, tbh.

There were 11 Robot Masters the New Yellow Devil absorbed from so it would be an 11x amp and make this even more ridiculous.

Also if the idea of strain comes up, I'd dare say it's nearly nonexistent. After the Double Mega Buster, Rock was only knocked out and got back up moments later without the threat of overheating and presumably dying. Even with the Double Gear System and it's strain on systems, Rock didn't suffer any ill effects in the long run besides a temporary overheat after an overextended use. I mean the potential threat of strain is probably there but it's like the whole sunlight argument where Rock could lose energy in dark places, though this has never happened before and is speculation imo.

And yeah I can see the argument for how nothing says Rock can't or can do this, so I suppose this could probably be a theoretical sort of thing he can do? Idk, that's what I got off the top of my head.

I'm in the same boat as Migue. I can definitely see the logic here, by I'm not entirely sure that the stacking makes the most sense when Rock never uses all of them at the same time afaik.

I still need a bit of convincing, tbh.
Tbf, that's entirely due to plot/gameplay reasons.

How would a theoretical boost stack be documented on the page in the case that we do accept it? Is it even allowed?

If it is allowed, I could see Rock maybe get a possibly far higher/whatever tier rating with the stacked abilities with a little note at the bottom of the page saying how while there’s no visual proof of Rock doing it, there’s also nothing that suggests he can’t do it.

Of course, like I said, it depends on if that’s allowed to begin with. If not, then RIP.

I've never seen that be the case, even moves that have been used, if not used in a different key are not documented, take Sasuke for example, it's pretty obvious that Sasuke can use Kirin in any key in Shippuden, but he only uses it in Hebi, and therefore it's only documented in the Hebi key, this case is even more of a stretch.

How would a theoretical boost stack be documented on the page in the case that we do accept it? Is it even allowed?

If it is allowed, I could see Rock maybe get a possibly far higher/whatever tier rating with the stacked abilities with a little note at the bottom of the page saying how while there’s no visual proof of Rock doing it, there’s also nothing that suggests he can’t do it.

Of course, like I said, it depends on if that’s allowed to begin with. If not, then RIP.
Honestly I'd be fine with that. What do you think about the other two things in the OP though?

Would the Power Gear even be able to power up two robots at once?

Yes, I know Impact Man is three robots on a trench coat, but Mega Man has the prototype version of the Double Gear while the rest of Power and Speed Gears seen in the game are the complete version.

Ignoring the Double Rock Buster, which is dubious to work with the SA, where does all of this leave us at?
Super Adaptor x Power Gear should be completely fine, seeing how the SA has supported further enhancements, and we don't have to worry on the multiple robots issues with the Power Gear since the SA is straight up a fusion AKA a single robot in practice.

Would the Power Gear even be able to power up two robots at once?

Yes, I know Impact Man is three robots on a trench coat, but Mega Man has the prototype version of the Double Gear while the rest of Power and Speed Gears seen in the game are the complete version.
Well, the prototype can be upgraded so that it can match the other more up to date DGSs. The fact that Rock could defeat Dr. Wily with it would suggest his is comparable in performance regardless of it being prototype or not.

Well, the prototype can be upgraded so that it can match the other more up to date DGSs. The fact that Rock could defeat Dr. Wily with it would suggest his is comparable in performance regardless of it being prototype or not.
Bass can fire charge shots with his Super Adaptor, so it's probably feasible.
All of this is telling me that there's no real reason Rock couldn't do this if he truly desired it.

Forgot to comment on the 2 wee updates, but...

X having it may be fine (but only as a possibly as well), as well as maybe Vent/Aile due to having Model X (but only when using Model X is it applicable in).

Don't think Ashe and Grey should have it due to their ZX form buster shots not actually coming from a Buster Cannon, but from a handgun. And there's no evidence Ashe & Grey could turn into Model X alone.

Forgot to comment on the 2 wee updates, but...

X having it may be fine (but only as a possibly as well), as well as maybe Vent/Aile due to having Model X (but only when using Model X is it applicable in).

Don't think Ashe and Grey should have it due to their ZX form buster shots not actually coming from a Buster Cannon, but from a handgun. And there's no evidence Ashe & Grey could turn into Model X alone.
I just had an epitome. Model X Aile got One-Shot and was treated like fodder by the main antagonists despite knowing what she could do with X's abilities since they know what the Biometals can do, so they'd be aware of the Double Buster amp. Meanwhile Model ZX Aile beat all of those guys pretty much back to back and even an amped up version of the guy who One-Shot her to begin with. The only real argument I can see against this is her fight with Omega since he wasn't amped by the Dark Elf anymore, though you can just as easily argue that he got stronger since his last fight with Zero since Zero's, and by extension Omega's since they share the same body, whole gimmick was constantly increasing in power and skill with every single fight he got into. This would also explain why Model OX is a stronger fusion than Model ZX since Omega in base has just gotten so much more powerful than Zero was when he died.

I just had an epitome. Model X Aile got One-Shot and was treated like fodder by the main antagonists despite knowing what she could do with X's abilities since they know what the Biometals can do, so they'd be aware of the Double Buster amp.
This is more of a nitpick than anything but Vent/Aile were not one shot. They had just fought through a small army of robots, and then they fought Giro before hand. Unless you're telling me that through all of that, they had taken no damage whatsoever, it's not a one shot.
The only real argument I can see against this is her fight with Omega since he wasn't amped by the Dark Elf anymore, though you can just as easily argue that he got stronger since his last fight with Zero since Zero's, and by extension Omega's since they share the same body, whole gimmick was constantly increasing in power and skill with every single fight he got into.
We don't really have any reason to assume that Omega got into any major fight since his last battle with Zero. We don't really have any information about Omega's return in ZX.

This is more of a nitpick than anything but Vent/Aile were not one shot. They had just fought through a small army of robots, and then they fought Giro before hand. Unless you're telling me that through all of that, they had taken no damage whatsoever, it's not a one shot.
You can do that whole segment without getting hit once, so this is a bad argument.
We don't really have any reason to assume that Omega got into any major fight since his last battle with Zero. We don't really have any information about Omega's return in ZX.
His last fight was with the strongest character in the franchise at the time, why wouldn't he get a power boost? Especially since Zero gets stronger from even the most minor fights and Omega has an upgraded version of Zero's body.

You can do that whole segment without getting hit once, so this is a bad argument.
That's a bad argument in and of itself. Just because people can play through the stage and not get hit doesn't mean that the characters canonically don't get hit either. Applying inconsistent and variable gamer skill to something like this is silly.

We should really take the most logical avenue here, in that they may have taken some hits by the time they get there.

His last fight was with the strongest character in the franchise at the time, why wouldn't he get a power boost? Especially since Zero gets stronger from even the most minor fights and Omega has an upgraded version of Zero's body.
Omega's body got blown up after that fight. We don't know anything about the circumstances surrounding Omega's return and we shouldn't really make assumptions like that without solid proof.

Omega's body got blown up after that fight. We don't know anything about the circumstances surrounding Omega's return and we shouldn't really make assumptions like that without solid proof.
We don't but we also know that being blown to bits doesn't necessarily mean death in this franchise considering what happens to any of the protags when they die and considering the fact that the extra lives are canon, at least for Rock, as well as the fact that Phantom has materialized himself from a Cyberspace rift before which is clearly happening in the background of the Omega fight in ZX it really wouldn't surprise me if Omega just brought himself back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back