• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Classic Dragon Ball Speed / Other Revisions

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Speed Revision

Now, on Dragon Ball's speed.

To my knowledge, the best speed feat in classic DB was Tao's pillar throw, which is Hypersonic+. Everything else is weird backwards scaling to the statement about Popo being swift as lightning or whatever, though this is highly questionable. So, my thoughts on DB speed scaling:

• Hypersonic+
  • Tao Pai Pai
  • Base Roshi
  • 22nd Budokai Yamcha, Krillin, and Chiaotzu.
  • 22nd Budokai Goku and Tien.
  • Tambourine.
  • Yajirobe.
  • At least Hypersonic+
  • Maybe:
  • MAX Power Roshi
  • King Piccolo (Old and Young) and Mystic Water Goku.
  • BoZ Yajirobe
  • Cyborg Tao.
  • 23rd Budokai Yamcha, Krillin, Chiaotzu, and Tien.
  • Definitely:
  • Kami and Popo.
  • Yajirobe (Post-Training)
  • 23rd Budokai Goku and Piccolo.
"Other" Revisions
22nd Budokai Krilli should be City Block level through scaling to Yamcha, because no one's weaker than Yamcha. Seriously, though, he put up a good fight against Goku and Large Building level seems really inaccurate. 22nd Budokai Chiaotzu should probably also be City Block level.

Android / Cell Saga Tien and Android Saga Yamcha should be solidly Relativistic through scaling to Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

I think that the above changes seem reasonable, but am probably the wrong person to ask.

I disagree with adding the Yajirobe cutting vegeta feat, especially considering the apparent durability drop when you're offguard. it would likely be a outlier if Vegeta had his full durability anyway.

Also, where exactly does the High Hypersonic+ ratings come from? I seem to recall SDZ had a issue with our ratings for early DB, so i'd be interested to know.

Probably true.

I'm not sure either. Kid Goku's profile puts him as High Hypersonic+ during the 22nd Budokai with no real reasoning, and High Hypersonic before with no real reasoning either (superior to Tao even though Tao is only Hypersonic+).

May be for the best to downgrade most early DB characters to Hypersonic+ from Tao's pillar feat until we have better reasoning / proof.

My suspicion is that they were based off of the "moving as fast as lightning" quote, which occurs a lot later in the story (this is dubious in of itself, the MHS rating comes from this one statement alone entirely) and everything else is some dodgy backwards speed powerscaling done by someone whos just guessing how fast they are.

Most DB characters should likely be downgraded to Hypersonic+ at best, then, through scaling to Tao's pillar throw.

I should probably update the post.

Speeds should probably be:

• Hypersonic+
  • 22nd Budokai Yamcha, Krillin, Chiaotzu, Goku, and Tien.
  • Base Roshi. Tambourine. King Piccolo Saga Yajirobe.
  • At least Hypersonic+
  • Maybe:
  • King Piccolo (Old and Young), MAX Power Roshi, and King Piccolo Saga Goku.
  • BoZ Yajirobe
  • 23rd Budokai Yamcha, Krillin, Chiaotzu, and Tien.
  • Cyborg Tao.
  • Definitely:
  • Kami and Popo. Yajirobe (Post-Training)
  • 23rd Budokai Goku and Piccolo Jr.
Just my thoughts. May have missed some characters.

I'll add it to the first post to make browsing the thread's suggestions easier.

Edit: I've done so.

Also. Does anyone know why Suno has a page when she's a completely normal and not even all that important human who doesn't fight...?

No idea. I can remove it if you wish.

That would be appreciated. The page is not really needed.

No problem. I am increasingly tired and have a hard time thinking properly though.

I understand, and I apologize for burdening you with more things.

LordAizenSama said:
I disagree with adding the Yajirobe cutting vegeta feat, especially considering the apparent durability drop when you're offguard. it would likely be a outlier if Vegeta had his full durability anyway.
Yajirobe official power level in the Saiyan Saga was 970 though.. (Stronger than both Piccollo and Goku when they faced Raditz)

No problem. I am just stating it every now and then because people here keep relying on me, and I am increasingly unreliable.

Further opinions would be appreciated.

KaenDragneel123 said:
LordAizenSama said:
Yajirobe official power level in the Saiyan Saga was 970 though.. (Stronger than both Piccollo and Goku when they faced Raditz)
Dont ignore me please ;-;

@KaenDragneel123

Acknowledged. That would easily make Yajirobe Small Planet level+, though that's only if it's agreed that the source is accurate.

If it is accepted by canon it would likely be usable. I'll add things to the OP.

Actually, that link has 23rd Budokai Goku at 910, which is absurd. It also has Kami weaker than King Piccolo. Not sure if it can be taken fully seriously.

Promestein said:
If it is accepted by canon it would likely be usable. I'll add things to the OP.
Actually, that link has 23rd Budokai Goku at 910, which is absurd. Not sure if it can be taken fully seriously.
I have heard that was Super Kamehameha Goku

Nothing like that is stated.

wait hold on 910 goku 23rd budo kai wont make sense at all, so if it is up there then the source wont be taken seriously

SomebodyData said:
power levels = bs just saying
Also a good point.

Yajirobe is probably fine as he is. Let's focus on the. Focus of the thread, which is the Classic DB speed revision.

You said it yourself.

Filler.

Hm. Ok.

Just an observation: Not sure, but ... is this a (at least) mhs+ reaction speed feat?

Gokuvsblack (2)
Gokuvsblack
It's not an outlier

No idea. Ask someone to do a calc.

that part where he disappeared might be impressive, Black is augmented by that mech and has tons of radar systems in it, so it should be pretty fast

Bump.

There doesn't seem to be anyone really disagreeing with the changes presented as of now.

Back