• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chi Chi's questionable 7B rating

The only comparison I could find was him saying that her fighting style was similar to his own, and regarding her as adept, i don't think this warrants a city level rating.

Power level only 50 under Movie Roshi

The more canonical Daizenshuu article says that Chi Chi has a power level of 130; with a small snippit explicitly stating that she's on-par with The Kame Sen'in (Turtle Hermit) You can see Roshi has a power level of 180 on this as well; again only 50 above Chi Chi.

Edit:

"This is her battle power during the 23rd Tenka'ichi Budōkai. The Japanese Wikipedia page for Chi-Chi claims that a 1990 special issue of V-Jump gives Chi-Chi's battle power as 137, noting that she is on par with Kame-Sen'nin."

From the Kaizenshuu site.

Of course this entire V-Jump Magazine is untranslated. So I can try to hunt down the original for you but you likely wouldn't be able to confirm nor deny it even if I did so. Yeah.

But Max Power Roshi is the one with the city level rating, and using this same scan it would also imply characters like Karin would also get a city rating despite being listed as at least cityblock tier. This same power list states kami is weaker than Piccolo Daimao despite that clearly not being true.

I might be mistaken but I've seen many on this sight state that power levels can't be used to determine the rating for a character.

I can't really comment on the Max Power Roshi vs Regular Roshi debate argument thing so I'll abstain from doing that for now since I have little recollection of stuff from the OG Dragon Ball.

"and using this same scan it would also imply characters like Karin would also get a city rating despite being listed as at least cityblock tier."

Hence the "At least" bit. We only hold off on scaling because it's from power levels on the chart; however it's stated that Chi Chi is explicitly on par with the Turtle Hermit in the Daizenshuu. Also why wouldn't Korin be stronger than Max Power Roshi? Korin was able to wreck Roshi's ass back in his young hayday. Roshi when he did the City Level Feat was old and could only maintain full power for so long. Korin on the other hand would've been living the perfect diet (Via Senzus) and actually maintaining his power level unlike Roshi who's a lazy bum now.

"This same power list states kami is weaker than Piccolo Daimao despite that clearly not being true."

I'd like to reiterate that we use the statements and actual text of the Daizenshuu over anything else. The Power Level chart is just for supporting arguments; but the actual text and words holds precident since those would be the things Toriyama would've more explicitly said. A chart thing like above could easily make someone like Toriyama contradict himself, which is why the text takes over as the "Main" source.

"I might be mistaken but I've seen many on this sight state that power levels can't be used to determine the rating for a character."

I'm using power levels as supporting arguments. The Daizenshuu also says that Chi Chi is on-par with Roshi in the text, not using the PL Chart.

^Should be about 10 times as normal Roshi threw down with normal kid Goku and buff Roshi overpowered Oozaru Kid Goku (and Oozaru is confirmed a 10x amp, but I'm not sure that's accepted here...since VBW can't even seem to get the super saiyan multipler right)

Like others have said, the official battle power listing from the Weekly Shonen Jump has Chi-Chi roughly on par with Master Roshi though even ignoring that, Roshi himself was notably impressed by her fighting prowess.

She was also able to keep pace with a non-serious Weighted Goku who effortlessly one-shotted a new and improved King Chappa (who was already quite up there according to Yamcha and Jackie Chun).

Movie Pamphlet isn't exactly reliable like at all; that's the same source that puts Bulma above Kid Goku. And yeah, I wouldn't quite scale her from Master Roshi given their's no proof. But unsure where else to put her.

Either Unknown or At least 9-B since the WMAT features large animal men that she would've needed to get passed. She also killed a dinosaur with a boomerang iirc.

She's definitely much stronger than she was as a Kid, and I believe she's stronger than Ox King at this point in time. It's comparing her to a serious Master Roshi is weird. Laizenshuu, while not highlighting it, it is overall more reliable than Movie Pamphlet, said she was a hair below Base Roshi. I wouldn't mind if she was 8-B.

Back