• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chelshia Doesn't Have Type 8

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
Her Type 8 comes from acknowledging deaths in-game. That's Breaking the Fourth Wall, otherwise known as Fourth Wall Awareness.

To my knowledge, respawning and repeating levels, just like any game, respawns the enemies too. We require a lot of evidence to add Undertale-like Type 8. Chel doesn't have that.

...That's it, really.

I agree with this. Much more evidence is needed for type 8.

Where does it state her type 8 comes from acknowledging the deaths of people in game?

Anyways, her type 8 is based on Estylia creating checkpoints for her in case she dies.

Lightbuster30 said:
Where does it state her type 8 comes from acknowledging the deaths of people in game?
Anyways, her type 8 is based on Estylia creating checkpoints for her in case she dies.
Well, shit, where is Kirby's Type 8 then? Or any game with checkpoints in any manner?

It's based on the fact the character who makes the checkpoints acknowledges that she will bring her back.

My problem with it is it looks like a very fluffed up Game mechanic/fourth wall awareness. Her existence as a whole is never acknowledged by anyone. And Chel coming back to life is never acknowledged by anyone either. Plus the game having a goofy style that would make joke like that

Even based on that, it's clearly another character's resurrection powers, not Chelshia's own type 8. And that's under the absolute nicest interpretation possible.

I agree that it definitely isn't her own power. Verses like Dark Souls and Katana ZERO that pull rez powers from respawning in the game have a much more solid basis for it than the existence of checkpoints.

I'm going to remove it from Chelshia's page now, if nobody has any objections.

Back