• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(5-0-0) Chelshia fights the Hairy Bug Pokemon (Weedle)

Jackythejack

They/Them
Hey, it can work. You never know. I thought this was a funny idea, and not completely unfair like some of the other 8-C pokemon matches would be. Weedle is sorta haxy and yet still managable.

Speed is gonna be equalized
Starting distance is ten meters apart from each other.

Weedle:
Chelshia:
Inconclusive:

"Marthula, I get that bug watching is like, super cool and all, but I really don't think it's how I want to spend my day."

The two of them, Chelshia and her bug enthusiast friend Marthula, have been wandering the woods all day, and it wasn't exactly Chelshia's idea of a good time. She's seen some neat looking spider, but nothing that continued to keep her interest. Didn't help that she gets distracted easily.

"I thought you liked bugs, Chleshia, what happened?"

"I mean, I didn't say I liked them. Just kinda....accepted them? I don't know. I've had a bad run in with a bug guy recently so it's been kind of ruining the whole insect thing for me."

"There are no bad bugs, Chel. Just bad days for bugs." Marthula looked like she was going to drop some insect related metaphor before, suddenly, a bug appeared from behind a bundle of tall grass. Marthula gasped and looked over the strange, orange creature. "Woah! I've never seen a bug like this before!"

"...wait, it came from...tall grass? Why does this seem famili-"

Marthula moved to catch it with her bug net, only for the Weedle to shoot a poisonous stinger towards her. Marthula screamed and moved out of the way. "Bad bug, bad bug! Chel, help!"

"Oh, boy..."

Last edited:
IDK why Weedle has Healing & Resistance to Sleep Manipulation.

I guess Healing is for holding a Berry in G/S/C if it's from R/B/Y?

Anyway....
It attacks using a two-inch poison barb on its head. It can usually be found under the leaves it eats.
The barb on top of its head secretes a strong poison. It uses this toxic barb to protect itself.
It eats its weight in leaves every day. It fends off attackers with the needle on its head.

I don't recall its behaviour in Anime. If it has any move behaviour.

Anyway, it sounds like Weedle would probably be more defensively hostile, & try to stab Chelshia if/when she approaches. IDK why the profile gives it Standard Melee Range when it has a height of 0.3 m. 30 cm.
If your whole body is the size of a ruler, IDK how you qualify for Standard Melee Range.

In theory, it could do other stuff like String Shot or Bug Bite, but I'm skeptical it would.

What's Chelshia's in-character behaviour?

It’s kinda hard to tell because she is a player character but Chelshia is generally pretty forward when it comes to fighting. Go in and punch them kinda thing. punch first ask questions later.

she’s got a few range moves to help her zone out the bug and also some nice mobility to help her avoid attacks, which isn’t out of character to use.

How exactly is Weedle hax-y? It only knows Poison Sting and String Shot, Bug Bite if you forget to evolve the damn thing. There's also Electroweb, but that move got semi-retconned out of Weedle in Gen VIII (bear in mind, at least in Gen IX games past-gen moves get retconned out of Pokemon, hence why only Volcanion is allowed to have Scald. I forget why; probably some Pokemon HOME update).

How exactly is Weedle hax-y? It only knows Poison Sting and String Shot, Bug Bite if you forget to evolve the damn thing. There's also Electroweb, but that move got semi-retconned out of Weedle in Gen VIII (bear in mind, at least in Gen IX games past-gen moves get retconned out of Pokemon, hence why only Volcanion is allowed to have Scald. I forget why; probably some Pokemon HOME update).
Yeah, kinda agreed; Weedle is very lacking in abilities. Its abilities are Shield Dust & Run Away, & it only learns Electroweb via Move Tutor.

Idk I saw the poison hax and stat reduction and it's more haxy than whatever Chel has. What I more meant is that I think it has some decent ways to win at least.

I mean in Poison Sting's case, it is a physical move, only being helped by the fact that it doesn't need contact. Pretty much Poison Sting is Weedle's only usable damaging attack as Bug Bite requires Weedle to actually bite its opponent. Problem is, even in a speed-equalized deal, caterpillars are generally seen as slow af creatures when it comes to movement, so I'm pretty sure Chelsia is getting to Weedle before Weedle can get to Chelsia. There's String Shot, sure, but I don't know how turning a girl into a DeviantART post would work in Weedle's favor since it's still a caterpillar. There's a speed amp for Chelsia, but I'd imagine the dash is a bit lower than 2x her normal speed.

I think Chelsia's got this, although with mid-difficulty since poison's a thing.

Back