• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chara vs Paper Mario

"Destroyed reality/the game itself, which contained countless timelines. While the exact number is unknown, the sheer number of resets performed by characters such as Flowey, along with the fact that a number composed of 216 'nines' is measurable at the end of the genocide route"

There is no way Marioverse is this insanely massive. Or at least nothing at all suggests that it is. Sorry but this is a major stomp against him as a result.

Chara is the extremely vague number of "''more than the number of times Flowey reset before he said '**** it' and stopped after learning and doing everything there was to do in the Underground''".

Why is such a thing even in the profile then?

Another reasoning for the thread is "the sheer number of resets performed by characters such as Flowey", which was enough to give him a 2-A rating back when 2-A was 1e500 to infinite.

So massive numbers like this are used as justification, when his actual number is orders upon orders of magnitude smaller, being only a few thousand?

Then there is no reason to have the nines in the profile's justification or to at all compare it to how much Chara can destroy. And another reasoning for the rating is Flowey's resets, which Azzy confirmed to be the case yet again. And these resets apparently were worth a rating of 2-A back when 2-A = 1e500 and above.

Ryukama said:
Then there is no reason to have the nines in the profile's justification or to at all compare it to how much Chara can destroy. And another reasoning for the rating is Flowey's resets, which Azzy confirmed to be the case yet again. And these resets apparently were worth a rating of 2-A back when 2-A = 1e500 and above.
Chara was 2-A?

No but Flowey was. And you just said that Chara's number is greater than Flowey's.

No, I meant regular Flowey. As in, regular Flowey ****** with the timeline so many times that he knew the exact result of each and every action performed by everyone in the Underground, and as we learn from Sans, Frisk and the Player resetting both creates and destroys timelines. Flowey did it a hell of a lot more.

Okay. But I'm still pretty sure that "timeline per every possible outcome of every action for every scenario he could perform in the Underground" and "Resetting done for years and years until he was virtually omniscient" is vastly more than the Marioverse, which is basically "universe per dream these people have."

I don't know about that. Is it everyone's dreams? Does it take into account everyone who ever lived? Is it one dream per person or more? I don't think you could really solidly define either except "within 2-B".

I'm not sure about the specifics of "universe per dream". You'd have to ask DRB about that. Though while unquantifiable, I'd still think every single possible little action and "virtual omniscince" trumps that.

The power of the pure hearts is greater than that of the chaos heart which gives immunity to paradoxical and conceptual death as well as nigh limitless spacetime manipulation and invulnerability. Add that to the insane power granted by the star rod and Mario's ability to negate powers with the star Spirits and he wins.

Back