• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

New chapter is out (116)
Denji and Asa finally began to hit it off pretty well. While Fujimoto likes to troll his readers i bet it will work this time since i see no other way to escape other than her turning Denji into a chainsaw and this series being renamed to Soul Eater 2

Reactions: Rez
I was thinking
You guys know how there's been a skin devil, a muscle devil and a blood devil so far?
Imagine if we eventually get a bone devil and a brain devil so they can all combine into a body devil megazord.
its just sans

Looks like, somewhat reliable leaks for ch 118 are out.
Interesting.
We know devil abilities are oftenly much weaker if not completely useless on Hybrids, but i didn't expect Denji to be immune to 4 horsemen tier transmutation (even if he already resists the ability from Santa Claus )

Asa/Yoru is finally meeting Nayuta 3 chapters or so from now. Not following his house rules meaning death is a bit concerning tho.

I've thought of something. I noticed that people disagreed with Power's High 8-C scaling since there's no proof. However, I believe that some evidence does exist which would put Power as comparable to Hybrid Denji. After Makima defeated Pochita disguised as Denji at the graveyard, the real Denji appears and slashes Makima with a chainsaw made from Power's blood. Keep in mind, Power had been significantly weakened when she made the contract with Denji and was only moments from dying. Also, Denji was in his human form when he cut Makima, meaning that the chainsaw must've been comparable to Makima's AP for it to hurt her.

At the very least, Power's Devil form, the one she took after her fiend body was destroyed, should be High 8-C. As for her regular form, I guess that's more debatable.

Something else I've considered is the fact that a devil for hybrids existed before. Makima outright says this, that the original name for these hybrid devils has been forgotten, but their existence hasn't. This could imply that if a devil for hybrid devils exist, that means a devil which encompasses a fear of devils could exist as well. But what's more fascinating is the fact that the hybrid devils haven't been erased from existence, which could mean that Chainsaw Man only partially ate that devil or that specific devil held some sort of special power that didn't allow it to be fully erased.

Hybrids in general have a very high resistamce to devil abilities.
Like Santa Claus being unable to turn fiends and hybrids into puppets, gaining a power boost and then still being unable to turn hybrids. ( She was unsure at first, but then Denji quite literally grappled and got grabbed by her and nothing happened.) Same thing with Katana Devil mostly shrugging of Curse Devil's power.

Hybrids in general have a very high resistamce to devil abilities.
Like Santa Claus being unable to turn fiends and hybrids into puppets, gaining a power boost and then still being unable to turn hybrids. ( She was unsure at first, but then Denji quite literally grappled and got grabbed by her and nothing happened.) Same thing with Katana Devil mostly shrugging of Curse Devil's power.
That's probably why Yoru couldn't turn Denji into a weapon, not cuz Denji didn't like Asa.

0084-012.png

What devils do u think they were?

Is it possible quanxi is still alive?
I have no idea. We don't know what happened to the Hybrid Devils Makima brought back, whether they were truly brought back to life, whether they were just hollow shells, or whether they died when Makima was killed. Cuz the injuries they sustained during their fight with Pochita disguised as Denji didn't appear to be fatal for hybrids like them. We'll just have to wait for future chapters to see.

I've thought of something. I noticed that people disagreed with Power's High 8-C scaling since there's no proof. However, I believe that some evidence does exist which would put Power as comparable to Hybrid Denji. After Makima defeated Pochita disguised as Denji at the graveyard, the real Denji appears and slashes Makima with a chainsaw made from Power's blood. Keep in mind, Power had been significantly weakened when she made the contract with Denji and was only moments from dying. Also, Denji was in his human form when he cut Makima, meaning that the chainsaw must've been comparable to Makima's AP for it to hurt her.

At the very least, Power's Devil form, the one she took after her fiend body was destroyed, should be High 8-C. As for her regular form, I guess that's more debatable.
When the 9-B downgrades come (Hopefully soon) Power will be High 8-C with Blood Manipulation

This blog has some cool calcs that might upgrade the verse
I saw that
The speed feats look promising

Also I could have swore that the reason we had 8-B Chainsawman at one point was because that building busting was calced

Back