• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Chainsaw Man was the most anticipated anime of all time. So it makes sense you have people IRL wanting to watch it.

Even before it was released the manga became extremely popular and everyone was talking about it. Most anime fans I know ended up reading the manga because of all the hype.

Weird how it has like no one to help edit the profile pages on vsbw.

Btw, regarding the recent manga chapters. Is it just me or is the art is a bit worse and the chapters much shorter than they were before?

Can anyone help point out the specific place in the page where Gun Devil kills Oda, Tabata, Isayama and Horikoshi?
Been looking but can't find it for almost an hour now

9SfwTPV.jpg

so there is something that i would like to discuss,

its about Denji base key, that is 9-B because of the fiend and Aki,

however Aki could fight, injure multiple time and took a hit from the Katana Man, and the feat of Reze who are both high 8-C+

so what do you think guys? should we just remove the base key since Denji fight mainly with the Chainsaw man form?

or should we upgrade his base to high 8-C+?

so there is something that i would like to discuss,

its about Denji base key, that is 9-B because of the fiend and Aki,

however Aki could fight, injure multiple time and took a hit from the Katana Man, and the feat of Reze who are both high 8-C+

so what do you think guys? should we just remove the base key since Denji fight mainly with the Chainsaw man form?

or should we upgrade his base to high 8-C+?
Aki should be downgraded to 9-B along with Denji

Aki could injure Katana Man, but he abused the **** out Piercing and cutting with them uh and the Curse Devil visibly flicks the spike into the target too.

Probably do it as 9-B, High 8-C with Weapons

Aki could injure Katana Man, but he abused the **** out Piercing and cutting with them uh and the Curse Devil visibly flicks the spike into the target too.

in the durability section of Aki there is that he took attacks from Reze, depending on he really did, Denji will scale to this and Aki AP will be equal to his dura

in the durability section of Aki there is that he took attacks from Reze, depending on he really did
I don't think he did, at all, iirc he dodged all her attacks with his foresight and when she made a super big explosion the violence fiend or was it hybrid saved him from the explosion
, Denji will scale to this and Aki AP will be equal to his dura
Not necessarily, Devil Hunter uniforms act as a form of armor and makes them pretty sturdy as noted by Akane Sawatari, so his AP shouldn't really scale to his Dura

Is this enough for death or curse manipulation? Also, hybrids need limited type 5 immortality.

Ik it's been two days already but Episode 8 of MAPPA's Chainsaw Man deserves all the world's praise and more.

Somehow, they managed to create an episode that stands far above the rest of the other episodes this season so far. Which themselves were already masterful adaptations.

The atmosphere this episode builds up until the end, and the extreme shift in tone between the first half and second half was absolutely insane. I love the striking difference between the intimate and slow feeling of the scene with Himeno at the beginning and the sudden and eerie chaos that ensues with that Makima scene.

Even as a manga reader, it surprised me. There was so much tension and shock it almost felt like I was watching a horror movie, which is a feeling that's notoriously hard for anime/manga to get down. And I imagine that's exactly how Fujimoto wanted these parts of Chainsaw Man to feel, given his inspirations.

Everything was of course, animated perfectly. MAPPA continues to surprise me with some of the best animations to date, which somehow gets better every episode. I do t know if they were using CGI on Katana Man, but I don't even care he looked raw as all hell. And then the Curse Devil? That shit looked crazy! The Himeno scene was done phenomenally..

And then they top it all off with seriously one of the best endings I've EVER heard in any anime. Seriously.

10/10 episode and 11/10 adaptation. This far exceeds the content of the manga in my opinion.

Last edited:
Phoenks, its Mappa when he does something, he does it perfectly, especially with Animation and their use of CGI wich is honestly a welcomed surprise

also for those who don't know, the ending is First Death by TK the one who singed the famous opening Unravel of Tokyo Ghoul season 1

I've been wondering where does the 9-B value even come from?
Was there ever a calc? Because if there is not it doesn't seem like we should just arbitrarily assume 9-B

I've been wondering where does the 9-B value even come from?
Was there ever a calc? Because if there is not it doesn't seem like we should just arbitrarily assume 9-B
The scaling is kinda wonky but apparently scales from a brown bear since Denji survived a casual hit from Power without much harm and she could casually rip apart a brown bear

The scaling is kinda wonky but apparently scales from a brown bear since Denji survived a casual hit from Power without much harm and she could casually rip apart a brown bear
Yes but my problem with that is that power was specifically trying to take Denji alive to the bat devil in exchange for her cat. Therefore she would have no reason to go full power when she only needed to knock him out

Yes but my problem with that is that power was specifically trying to take Denji alive to the bat devil in exchange for her cat. Therefore she would have no reason to go full power when she only needed to knock him out
Hence why I say wonky. My agreement with the scaling is tenuous at most. Plus she wasn't even going full-power against the bear since the AP needed to maul a bear is way less than the AP needed to throw down with High 8-C characters, which she does. So idek how that scaling was approved (I actually do know but I don't like to acknowledge the fact that there's quite a few under-moderated and unkempt verses on this wiki)

Hence why I say wonky. My agreement with the scaling is tenuous at most. Plus she wasn't even going full-power against the bear since the AP needed to maul a bear is way less than the AP needed to throw down with High 8-C characters, which she does. So idek how that scaling was approved (I actually do know but I don't like to acknowledge the fact that there's quite a few under-moderated and unkempt verses on this wiki)
I plan to make a CRT soon addressing some of these issues so I'm just trying to get the opinion of Chainsawman fans before I go ahead and make it

My scaling for Devil Hunters would be 10-A+ to 9-C or higher since they gotta be at or above the level of SWAT or military to be able to do what they do, even with their massive mortality rate

I was really expecting Yoru's sister to be Death on account of her reviving Yuko and being Yoru's "big sister"
Then again I'm certain all the other Horsemen Devils consider themselves War's big sisters considering just how badly she got nerfed by Chainsaw Man

My scaling for Devil Hunters would be 10-A+ to 9-C or higher since they gotta be at or above the level of SWAT or military to be able to do what they do, even with their massive mortality rate
I agree it should be done on a case by case basis and they should only get high 8-C with devil contracts.
Funny enough Kobeni would fall into that 9-C level

I'm ngl the past few chapters have been super mid and slow.
I disagree I like the characterization they're giving the characters they choose to focus on. Makes us feel for them even more before there inevitably killed off.

That's one thing I didn't like about part 1 as I feel we didn't really get to learn about any of the characters before they went bye bye

Also **** yea Power is still the best girl for Denji, I'm just waiting for her return.

thumb.png

The slower pacing is better and I will not accept opinions to the contrary, I like seeing Denji and Asa being complete losers
I agree with that actually.

The pacing in the manga has improved substantially from Part 1 which I felt was atrocious and inconsistent. But my issue lies in the fact that Part 2 hasn't done anything new or interesting especially for a series touted for being "novel" and "unique" when compared with other series—regardless of how I personally feel about that.

I agree with that actually.

The pacing in the manga has improved substantially from Part 1 which I felt was atrocious and inconsistent. But my issue lies in the fact that Part 2 hasn't done anything new or interesting especially for a series touted for being "novel" and "unique" when compared with other series—regardless of how I personally feel about that.
It already established the stuff that sets it apart in Part 1, so it's fine that the series is pumping the brakes a bit and just expanding on what was already introduced while playing out a new plot with a different procedural structure

Back