• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell is getting nerfed. (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did I ever say they don't have Planet level stats without Ki blasts?
Didn't you want me to prove Ki being UES, because if Ki isn't UES, assume that what you currently thinking, then most feat isn't scale to their physical stats either, Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta with a Ki Ball, Cell with his Kamehameha, Buu his Ki attack, Vegeta with his Galick Gun. Punchs and Kicks in DBZ is.......at best, mountain level

And all I'm saying is that Ki beam is portrayed as being above their usual stats.
Yet again the thing is, despite the claim that ki beam > their usual stats, which i can understand, especially in Raditz Saga where we have power level to measure, in later saga however, despite such claim we still see they constantly perform ki beam, which require user constantly release their ki to keep the beam going on for beam struggling. We know that the ampunt of Ki one have = their physical power, if they can constantly release such amount of ki outward to keep the beam struggling going on, that mean they can well have the same amount of ki equal to the power of the beam itself, which in turn scale to their physical stats since their body can release such amount of ki

I disagree with it. In Dragon Ball where characters can punch, block and physically push back ki attacks all the time, it's very obvious it scales to physical stats
The OP of the thread clearly isn't proposing that be removed.

Y'all abuse the **** out of this UES shit

They can cover their bodies with ki, yeah. They can still have stronger attacks that use ki. By pouring MORE ki into them, which is blatantly what Cell is doing

Y'all abuse the **** out of this UES shit

They can cover their bodies with ki, yeah. They can still have stronger attacks that use ki. By pouring MORE ki into them, which is blatantly what Cell is doing
We didn't abusing, it literally what basic requirement for UES is being able to boost physical stats, assume otherwise mean completely destroy the premise and narrative of the verse, which mean assuming that Ki can't boost physical stats

The OP of the thread clearly isn't proposing that be removed.
Then why wouldn't they scale to their own attacks? Cell would be 4-B also for breaking Gohan's arm with a ki blast then, and he would have no reason to not scale to the Solar Kamehameha, and the same applies to Gohan

The premise either doesn't make any logical sense, or that it really does wants to separate ki attacks from physicals even if you say it doesn't

Then why wouldn't they scale to their own attacks? Cell would be 4-B also for breaking Gohan's arm with a ki blast then, and he would have no reason to not scale to the Solar Kamehameha, and the same applies to Gohan

The premise either doesn't make any logical sense, or that it really does wants to separate ki attacks from physicals even if you say it doesn't
Do you realize how contradictory that sounds?

You're saying that this is just as powerful as this.

And you do realize that the OP is still proposing that Cell be 4-B? He'd just be higher than that with the Solar Kamehameha.

Because Cell and Gohan directly pushed back against each others' Kamehamehas? And also Roshi not scaling is also stupid. Either they all scale to their ki attack or none of them do
How about, they should only scale if they have evidence for scaling? Or is that too radical?

Yeah, it is because it's consistently shown in the series they scale to their own ki attacks, and even in Gohan and Cell's case, they directly pushed against each other with their attacks
Also the fact that multiple times the release of energy changed means that they still introduced more ki midway.

Yeah, it is because it's consistently shown in the series they scale to their own ki attacks, and even in Gohan and Cell's case, they directly pushed against each other with their attacks
They pushed back against each other... with their Kamehameha's.... That's part of what is being proposed.

We didn't abusing, it literally what basic requirement for UES is being able to boost physical stats, assume otherwise mean completely destroy the premise and narrative of the verse, which mean assuming that Ki can't boost physical stats
Do you think Vegeta scales to his Final Flash too? The Final Flash that blew a hole through a Perfect Cell who Vegeta was completely inferior to?

Not sure how that changes anything.

It damaged somebody that was far above Vegeta's physicals.
Because Cell wasn't taking it seriously and Vegeta was putting as much Ki as Saiyanly possible? We have the Goku vs Vegeta fight shy is that even a question? Was Vegeta not using his all there? He should have died instantly using the logic suggested here.

Yes. Putting in more ki, which made stronger than he was physically.

The same thing Cell was doing with the Kamehameha

Dragon Ball characters go down in durability significantly when caught off guard or they don't attempt to defend themselves. Vegeta could be damaged by Krillin in the Namek Saga using this same principal.
He wasn't off-guard. He was watching Vegeta charge it.

Recognizing that it was dangerous at the last minute isn't the same as being caught off-guard.

Yes. Putting in more ki, which made stronger than he was physically.

The same thing Cell was doing with the Kamehameha
It made him stronger than what he was physically using less ki...

Again Vegeta taking a double attack in the face after gathering all his ki for it pretty much stops the argument dead and due to the way Ki works it can be applied to anyone who uses it. Cell died because Gohan's attack was just that much stronger.

Gohan's own Kamehameha was while he had a broken arm and had already lost half of his overall power. You can make an argument for Cell not fully scaling I guess, but Gohan without a broken arm at full strength very likely could perform an attack like that with significantly greater ease.

Not to mention most attacks that are far, far above a character's usual capabilities will usually come with some sort of drawback, such as Self-Destructs and the Tri-Beam damaging the user. Gohan and Cell should probably be able to at the very least downscale from their own Kamehamehas.

He literally has regeneration. He didn't give a shit about it.
We both know this is completely false. Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of your points, but Cell did have something of an "Oh shit" moment. But if anything, this is more proof the attack was stronger than he thought it was, proving more he was caught off guard.

We both know this is completely false. Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of your points, but Cell did have something of an "Oh shit" moment.
He had an oh shit moment because he didn't believe the beam would be that high. But was he actually anxious? Given he can regenerate from even his self destruction I don't think so. I don't remember if he knew how powerful his regen is though.

Bruh.

He didn't defend himself against Vegeta's normal attacks either, yet those didn't do anything to him.

Bruh.

He didn't defend himself against Vegeta's normal attacks either, yet those didn't do anything to him.
Yes... because none was charged with more ki. I don't understand what you are trying so say though. Can their defence scale to their best attack? Yes yes it can. Are they always at that state of ki defence? No they are not. Someone correct me if that's not the problem there. Like Frieza survived the Spirit Bomb which swallowed his attack. He survived the clash with Goku despite losing the clash. Vegeta survived the clash with goku despite losing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back