• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
88-F4-D11-D-732-B-4348-8634-F5-F291-CE2-E3-E.jpg

this is a joke please (also there should be three diavolos (the other two being gilad and divine)

I vote doomsday cause hes hotter.

seriously tho. i dont read much on doomsday. but i think accelerated development could be a problem for cell.
It doesn't let him suddenly become hundreds of times stronger to be able to permanently put Cell down before Cell grows in power as well. Or eventually attempts to absorb, indeed.

But... The reply that you quoted when posting this already did that. :coffee:🤔
You only said that 17 was designed to be absorbed by Cell, which isn't really true since he actually did the opposite (aka, designed Cell to specifically absorb the androids to further his evolution). This fact still doesn't explain why he only gained 17's abilities after absorption and not before it

You only said that 17 was designed to be absorbed by Cell, which isn't really true since he actually did the opposite (aka, designed Cell to specifically absorb the androids to further his evolution). This fact still doesn't explain why he only gained 17's abilities after absorption and not before it
Make. A. CRT. If. You. Want. That. Wincon. To. Be. Valid.

Android 17's Android Barrier would be a product of the technology inside of him which makes him a cyborg, so Cell simply assimilated that technology when he absorbed him.

You only said that 17 was designed to be absorbed by Cell, which isn't really true since he actually did the opposite (aka, designed Cell to specifically absorb the androids to further his evolution).
Want to take a moment to draw attention here twice, because this sentence says what I said isn't true, then says what happened is the opposite... Then says said opposite that happened was, exactly, what I said. :coffee: 🤔
Also it does, Cell was designed to incorporate powers of the androids and achieve his perfect form. There is nothing strange with him using an ability similar to 17. It's in his design. But there is nothing in his design about say, becoming a great artist because he absorbed bio mass from Picasso. Other creatures for him are at most a source of energy, not new abilities.

I appreciate this analysis but this part I personally don't agree.

One thing I fear people tend to overestimate is Cell's Zenkai boost potential. It's honestly not that great. When Vegeta lasered him in half with the Final Flash he achieved no Zenkai, same with Goku using the IT Kamehameha. DD has no offensive abilities comparable to a DBZ-style laser so any damage he inflicts will likely not result in Cell boosting.
Since Cell's senkai is based on saiyan physiology, it relies on two important factors: The amount of damage he takes, and the strength of his opponent. Neither Vegeta or Goku were equal to Cell. In fact, we learn he was toying with the former and holding back on the latter. But when against Gohan and subsequently blowing himself up, his power skyrocketed to a comparable (but ultimately inferior) level.

Doomsday here is his total equal. If Doomsday develops the ability to utilize ki (which imo, he should), that will subsequently activate Cell's development further. The more Doomsday adapts, the stronger Cell will become.

And because of this fact is why I don't see Doomsday ever putting Cell down.

And as Purgy brought up earlier, at his most desperate, Cell could try an absorption (and I don't think it was ever stated Cell lost his ability to do so, and the profile also doesn't treat as so).

It doesn't let him suddenly become hundreds of times stronger to be able to permanently put Cell down before Cell grows in power as well. Or eventually attempts to absorb, indeed.
im not sure if this was ever brought up on the wiki but in his first encounter with superman this happened. he seemed to go from superman tanking his hits to his hits being possibly the hardest clark has ever been hit. he then when on to tank the power of superman and other heroes and then blitz them including a qwardian power ring. (but idk how strong that is)
WCZix0oFH7Nb2WMrJNYE70jzf8D3WU6nSMYZhfzfTDkNN7l9HAlG8GHqnqsF-RIro7Olw5Gcpgkb=s1600
YuzUT62puikprhc5EvnggLpGFoRpBYOgkgWfJWPERecODL7ewu3RFKRPGo8F3bgEDIpKJtIv2CcQ=s1600
eMXzRcl85rQvXyxRy9xYA-rEENTtvFJjcnKNCxfH-IqOS5NJLlI53ZYJIOW1SK8MzWwjmvWysT6A=s1600
3I67yIOJbU5uVWves4n5-RQZYFx5Jb7DfWkCXVPyvqbLGKmt5DjLXGyrstBOvFpqIpS45UAWeTq0=s1600
Leak4vEOuXqxKPXmAkFiYECiSpSEWoIlYMl3HPrgbqTRyQr4VFEuulyWZApb1P3zGw-YfzR7b74O=s1600

im not sure if this was ever brought up on the wiki but in his first encounter with superman this happened. he seemed to go from superman tanking his hits to his hits being possibly the hardest clark has ever been hit. he then when on to tank the power of superman and other heroes and then blitz them including a qwardian power ring. (but idk how strong that is)
WCZix0oFH7Nb2WMrJNYE70jzf8D3WU6nSMYZhfzfTDkNN7l9HAlG8GHqnqsF-RIro7Olw5Gcpgkb=s1600
YuzUT62puikprhc5EvnggLpGFoRpBYOgkgWfJWPERecODL7ewu3RFKRPGo8F3bgEDIpKJtIv2CcQ=s1600
eMXzRcl85rQvXyxRy9xYA-rEENTtvFJjcnKNCxfH-IqOS5NJLlI53ZYJIOW1SK8MzWwjmvWysT6A=s1600
3I67yIOJbU5uVWves4n5-RQZYFx5Jb7DfWkCXVPyvqbLGKmt5DjLXGyrstBOvFpqIpS45UAWeTq0=s1600
Leak4vEOuXqxKPXmAkFiYECiSpSEWoIlYMl3HPrgbqTRyQr4VFEuulyWZApb1P3zGw-YfzR7b74O=s1600
Which makes Cell even greater in power, with imo a way higher growth than Doomsday. Keep in mind Superman was still holding back in that fight until the absolute last stages, where both went on to become completely equal and kill each other.

Cell can go from being no-sold and on such an inferior form that his opponent could've likely one tapped, to being almost equal in one sudden jump.

it's been awhile since i've watched dragon ball z. is there a certain fight or instance you talking about here?
Perfect Cell being completely incapable of doing absolutely anything to Gohan, then becoming depowered after losing Android 18, then blowing himself up and powering himself into not only his Perfect Form, but also an extra boost and becoming comparable to Gohan.

Perfect Cell being completely incapable of doing absolutely anything to Gohan, then becoming depowered after losing Android 18, then blowing himself up and powering himself into not only his Perfect Form, but also an extra boost and becoming comparable to Gohan.
im not sure if his is really better off of that. that is good but at the same time. doomsday was able to match clark after singilar blows when he was unable to damage him before. cells growth is higher but doomsday seems to grow much faster than he does. and he is a far more brutal fighter, he wont take his time with cell hes gonna go for the kill instantly. Also he has better stamina and endurance, taking all sorts of punishment from superman and didnt slow down till near the end of the fight.

and it's not like he was just fighting just superman. many other heroes and creatures were also trying to kill him. and some of them were shown to be able to effect him with their attacks. but he just kept on going. even superman was surprised that he wasnt tired for the majority of the fight. in which the majority of the fight was superman and other characters trying different ways to hurt/kill him.

This is how i see the fight going down. cell initially has the advantage due to his skill, inteligence and flight. then doomsday evolves in power and starts to beat on cell. he thinks cell dies, cell regrenerates and overpowers doomsday. doomsday evolves again and this goes on until either cell gets tired or doomsday evolves a new power to kill him once and for all..

tldr; cell's power grows more but doomsday's power grows faster and he has better stamina. so cell would be taking more of a beating when doomsday has the power advantage and it would have more of a toll on him, while cell will have less time to try and end doomsday with the damage being less impactful on him. meaning doomsday could possibly evolve an ability to get pass cell's regen before cell kills him.

i just see Doomsday taking this high-extreme diff

let me know if anything i said was wrong

Just checking in and so far not much has changed.
Cell gains powers via absorption.
This has literally never happened. Cell only has the abilities he does because they are taken from DNA of warriors Gero was able to get a sample from. The Androids are part of Cell's evolutionary design. They are the exception.

DD incaps Cell via hax and AP advantage.
What hax does DD have that just disables Cell? None that are on his page at the moment. And the AP difference is irrelevant since DD doesn't have the techniques to vaporize Cell. Electric breathe isn't cutting it. Cell negs via mobility, intelligence, martial arts, range, Spirit Bomb going brrrrrrr.

What hax does DD have that just disables Cell? None that are on his page at the moment. And the AP difference is irrelevant since DD doesn't have the techniques to vaporize Cell. Electric breathe isn't cutting it. Cell negs via mobility, intelligence, martial arts, range, Spirit Bomb going brrrrrrr.
Doomsday has evolved and gained abilities to counter other characters like Fire breath with Martian man hunter. It’s fire breath not electric breath and cell can be incinerated. Doomsday has already dealt with people who can fly, are super intelligence marital artist, and have a range advantage, the spirit bomb is an energy attack and he needs time to prepare it. And even if cell wins he definitely does not neg doomsday

No it isn't, you seem to think poison is just something that kills you when in actuality, any drug that causes a negative effect is a poison...
I know about the last part but why would a poison that's strong enough to even affect someone immune to lethal poison not kill

Doomsday has evolved and gained abilities to counter other characters like Fire breath with Martian man hunter. It’s fire breath not electric breath and cell can be incinerated.
Did it incinerate Martian Manhunter?
Doomsday has already dealt with people who can fly, are super intelligence marital artist, and have a range advantage,
And? That doesn't mean Cell doesn't have these advantages. What's more, NO character DD has dealt with to my knowledge has the same level of combined skill in Martial Arts as Cell.
the spirit bomb is an energy attack and he needs time to prepare it. And even if cell wins he definitely does not neg doomsday
It's an energy attack comprised of a specific type of energy that DD has never tanked before. And Cell can just chill a couple of miles above the battlefield. Or teleport DD and throw him into the Spirit Bomb.

And again DD has no win conditions. Complete vaporization is the only way to kill Cell and DD hasn't demonstrated abilities to do this. Fire breathing is a good demonstration of how DD can evolve type-specific abilities to hurt his opponent but Cell doesn't have such accessible weaknesses. Unless you want to argue DD can replicate Kamehamehas, he's not putting down Cell.

No but its fire so it possibly would have if superman didn't step in to save him.
And? That doesn't mean Cell doesn't have these advantages. What's more, NO character DD has dealt with to my knowledge has the same level of combined skill in Martial Arts as Cell.
Yeah he’s got those advantages but that dosent instantly grant him a win here. Many people with those same advantages has lost to doomsday, and for people comparable in skill there is Wonder Woman and darksied. He’s also dealt with hundreds of green lanterns that had a field advantage over him.
It's an energy attack comprised of a specific type of energy that DD has never tanked before. And Cell can just chill a couple of miles above the battlefield. Or teleport DD and throw him into the Spirit Bomb.
there have been times where doomsday has been hit by new types of energy he had never encountered before, lantern energy, booster golds suit, heat vision, omega beams, ect. he adapted to it all. And Doomsday can jump miles up. cell tries that and doomsday gonna jump up and grab his ass out the sky. doomsday isnt giving him the chance to just fly away from the fight. and teleport him how, instant transmission? bro touches doomsday to teleport him, doomsday grabs him and gives him a loki treatment.
And again DD has no win conditions. Complete vaporization is the only way to kill Cell and DD hasn't demonstrated abilities to do this. Fire breathing is a good demonstration of how DD can evolve type-specific abilities to hurt his opponent but Cell doesn't have such accessible weaknesses. Unless you want to argue DD can replicate Kamehamehas, he's not putting down Cell.
doomsday has evloved to gain energy attacks before, he can copy ki attacks if fire breath dosent work. maybe not the exact technuiqes but he should be able to utilize ki after a fighting cell for a while. he has copied kryptonian abilites, was capable of using a green lantern ring he can definetly figure out how to do something that dosent even require you to be a certain race. even if he somehow couldn't copy ki attacks it's not like cell has infinite stamina, a senzu been brought him back to full power after his fight with goku so we know he does have a limit regardless of his regeneration. so even in the case he can't find a way to get past his regen, he can still just outlast cell.

Martian manhunter can survive fire that skeletonizes armored warriors that have metallic weapons without burn marks and survived Firestorm's fire with a lot of damage, and Doomsday's fire did damage almost on this level, the firestorm feat happened before Martian Manhunter overcame his weakness while the Doomsday fight was after

DD can fight on par with Superman who has better skill feats than anyone in Dragon Ball

What's so special about the spirit bomb?

Bump

Hmm, I feel like if Cell can just go all out at the start of this fight with his Solar Kamehameha, he can take this, but unfortunately, I don't see him doing that mainly because of his fighting preference, that is he likes to gradually increase his power as he fights, in which I think this strategy will give DD enough time to adapt to whatever Cell throws at him and at that point it becomes a LOOOOONG slugfest of who can knock who out. Is it possible for DD to KO Cell? IDK but what we do know is that Cell can become tired and exhausted as seen in the DB Manga Chapter of 402 where Cell states that he had lost a lot of his strength after his fight with MSSJ Goku. Also for the people who think Cell can still use his tail to absorb, that ain't happening mainly due to the fact that Cell has already achieved "Perfection" in this state. Abstaining for the moment, need to think more about this.

No but its fire so it possibly would have if superman didn't step in to save him.
I mean, that's still technically headcanonical.
Yeah he’s got those advantages but that dosent instantly grant him a win here. Many people with those same advantages has lost to doomsday, and for people comparable in skill there is Wonder Woman and darksied. He’s also dealt with hundreds of green lanterns that had a field advantage over him.
Couple of things: 1. I never said these advantages instantly grant him a win, only that they help give him one. 2. Wonder Woman doesn't have the range or versatility of Lanterns. Lanterns don't have the skill of WW and Darkseid losing is bullshit PIS odd but doesn't discount Cell's other advantages.
there have been times where doomsday has been hit by new types of energy he had never encountered before, lantern energy, booster golds suit, heat vision, omega beams, ect. he adapted to it all. And Doomsday can jump miles up. cell tries that and doomsday gonna jump up and grab his ass out the sky. doomsday isnt giving him the chance to just fly away from the fight. and teleport him how, instant transmission? bro touches doomsday to teleport him, doomsday grabs him and gives him a loki treatment.
He adapted to it all after the fact. The only one that has complete being-destroying properties are the omega beams. But they are an inconsistent mess all on their own. They're supposed to remove you from existence, but they sent Batman back in time. In some instances, they instantly vaporize some heroes but those same heroes can survive them in others. What's more, DD being erased at the end of time is proof that his evolutionary adaption has its limits.

Cell teleports to the other side of the planet, charges the spirit bomb, teleports to DD, teleports back, and throws him into it. DD can't sense energy so unless Cell remains in his line of sight, DD has no way of tracking him.
doomsday has evloved to gain energy attacks before, he can copy ki attacks if fire breath dosent work. maybe not the exact technuiqes but he should be able to utilize ki after a fighting cell for a while. he has copied kryptonian abilites, was capable of using a green lantern ring he can definetly figure out how to do something that dosent even require you to be a certain race. even if he somehow couldn't copy ki attacks it's not like cell has infinite stamina, a senzu been brought him back to full power after his fight with goku so we know he does have a limit regardless of his regeneration. so even in the case he can't find a way to get past his regen, he can still just outlast cell.
As it stands DD has no techniques to do this. Any ability we can assume DD can copy is technically headcanon. Cell has limited stamina but he has methods of circumventing this like teleporting away to rest or just attempting the same suicide blast to regen strat just like against Gohan to become even stronger.

Martian manhunter can survive fire that skeletonizes armored warriors that have metallic weapons without burn marks and survived Firestorm's fire with a lot of damage, and Doomsday's fire did damage almost on this level, the firestorm feat happened before Martian Manhunter overcame his weakness while the Doomsday fight was after
Ok...and?
DD can fight on par with Superman who has better skill feats than anyone in Dragon Ball
[Citation needed]
What's so special about the spirit bomb?
The Spirit Bomb is comprised of pure positive energy which only affects those filled with negative energy (AKA Evil) This is how it was able to kill Majin Buu a being with the most broken healing factor in DBZ.

I mean, that's still technically headcanonical.
Sure
2. Wonder Woman doesn't have the range or versatility of Lanterns. Lanterns don't have the skill of WW and Darkseid losing is bullshit PIS odd but doesn't discount Cell's other advantages.
ok. still shows that he can fight and beat people with those advantage.
He adapted to it all after the fact. The only one that has complete being-destroying properties are the omega beams. But they are an inconsistent mess all on their own. They're supposed to remove you from existence, but they sent Batman back in time. In some instances, they instantly vaporize some heroes but those same heroes can survive them in others. What's more, DD being erased at the end of time is proof that his evolutionary adaption has its limits.
no, he adapted to the guardians energy during their fight. and yes doomsday has a limit, but cell isnt gonna breach that limit. NOTHING cell has compares to the end of all ******* time bruh.
Cell teleports to the other side of the planet, charges the spirit bomb
be fr... he would not do that shit.
As it stands DD has no techniques to do this. Any ability we can assume DD can copy is technically headcanon. Cell has limited stamina but he has methods of circumventing this like teleporting away to rest or just attempting the same suicide blast to regen strat just like against Gohan to become even stronger.
the energy projection part of his profile shows him copy someones energy attacks, I also looked and found scans of him copying steel and superboy mid fight. i also still do not see cell just running away like that maybe imperfect or semi perfect but super perfect. doomsday gets stronger as he fights too even if cell gains an advantage in power it dont last long

can you even use instant transmission on regular humans

Back