• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celebrating 25k edits with chaos! Skill tries to eat pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony di bugalu said:
What are you talking about? Only half of the people here are my socks, dunno who the other half is.
Most of the guys who posted above are socks (World Collide and people fade)

Wait, you just admitted to the crime, you are guilty!

Alright, let's go

> AP is literally insignificant. He beats High 7-A's, 7-B's who are far above Dante, and can hold his own High 7-A's that are far above him in literally every regard including skill. So mentioning "3x ap gap" when he toys with people 10x and 200x above his AP gap is ridiculous.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but this is flat out bullshit. An AP gap of that size means a light sneeze would turn Ikki into paste. This supposed "toying with someone 200x and 10x stronger" is a very blatant outlier. No amount of skill would make up for that difference in raw stats.

> About the hax, it's not like Ikki has not fought hax before. He has also fought time hax before (far beyond Dante's paygrade), although the girl used an unknown handicap so take it with a grain of salt. Teleportation. Yeah fair, ikki beat spatial hax that works similarly but better. Etc so hax are nothing new to ikki.

Not only do none of those have justifications nor explanations, so saying they're better is nebulous at best and outright lies at worst, but being able to deal with hax like that doesn't suddenly mean it isn't a threat, especially since Ikki does not resist the hax at all.

> Fear hax is useless. Ikki can fight under Edelweiss's fear hax which affects down to the soul and incaps people with fear. And he was almost unaffected by Moroboshi who silenced 15k spectators just by taking a stance. But then again, mental attacks against a dude who can fight unconscious aren't your best bet. Dante can 1 shot for sure (you don't need to be 7.5x stronger to 1 shot with a sword btw, you can be equal in AP and still 1 shot with swords. The 7.5x is strictly for unarmed) but that's if he lands hits. Which he most likely won't. About boosts in speed well, again, not gonna work. Ikki fought his 4 Ittou shura clones in base and almost stomped them. So if that much speed is duable, a minor speed boost ain't changing much.

The fearhax was conceded to likely not work, so I don't need to say anything, but the AP shenanigans here are also, like the earlier ones, bullshit, and smell like complete outliers at the absolute best. Skill does not make up for someone being able to punch you so hard you turn into paste from the mere wind.

> The slow of time. Im not all that enthusiastic about using non DMC1 things in DMC1 key. Quicksilver was never a thing in DMC1 it being chronologically before doesn't mean he still has it. Similar to why he doesn't have previous weapons. About the Bangle of Time is that DMC1? The teleportation and attack by surprise is not gonna work past Perfect Vision. Can't take by surprise someone that knows your every move. Before you do. (I will get to the time stop later)

Bangle of Time is DMC1. I honestly don't know if you've even played the game, but it is. And Dante is perfectly capable of using his styles. They're intrinsic to how he fights, and DMC1 not having them is merely the issue of chronology vs release order.

> Royal guard, against someone much faster and more skilled is....eh. He has to time royal guard, he'd need to read ikki's timing and stuff, not really a piece of cake against someone who can make you see afterimages to confuse your timing. And Royalguard will really not do anything because of Dokuga No Tachi existing. Ikki will want dante to block that.

Royal Guard is not merely a block, it is power null. And even though Ikki's probably more skilled for now, Dante isn't so stupid he can't figure it out.

As for the other points, Trackless Step doesn't suddenly counter time stop. Deflecting Dante's bullets would just destroy Ikki's sword, and Dante fires a shitload of bullets in a short time so while I don't doubt Ikki can dodge them, even a nick would cause sure death. And the Soulhax would just end Ikki even if deflected or blocked, because his blade is his soul.

> About Schnee's point on Dante's regen. It will be taxed out eventually. Too much damage will bypass it if it's sustained for a long time (the duration of an average fight).

How. is this. still. a thing.

We have been over this countless times, Dante's regen is not capable of being outtaxed. Even when so tired he can barely stand, Vergil, who has equal regen, could regen from being sliced in half, faster than his body could fall apart.

Without actual regen neg or the AP needed to just annhilate Dante, you can't counter it. That is final.

Most of the guys who posted above are socks (World Collide and people fade)

Wait, you just admitted to the crime, you are guilty!

You can't prove it so I'm still innocent :v

Ikki fights higher tiered characters by using phantom form to negate Dura and avoids being hit

Phantom Form is resisted

Schnee One said:
Ikki fights higher tiered characters by using phantom form to negate Dura and avoids being hit
Phantom Form is resisted
No...

He literally has never done that. Due to tournament rules.

AP is literally insignificant. He beats High 7-A's, 7-B's who are far above Dante, and can hold his own against High 7-A's that are far above him in literally every regard including skill. So mentioning "3x ap gap" when he toys with people 10x and 200x above his AP gap is ridiculous. About the hax, it's not like Ikki has not fought hax before. He has also fought time hax before (far beyond Dante's paygrade), although the girl used an unknown handicap so take it with a grain of salt. Teleportation. Yeah fair, ikki beat spatial hax that works similarly but better. Etc so hax are nothing new to ikki.

I literally said that avoiding Stella and co is good, but not enough

Just because they both have a higher AP, doesn't mean the situation here is the same and will be the same for the entire fight, Dante isn't Stella, and has far more options to fight Ikki than just raw AP alone, my entire post was showing Dante's options on his arsenal that, when mixed with his AP, makes his attacks far more difficult to avoid than Stella's. Time Hax, Teleportation Hax, DT Speed Amp Hax, Stella doesn't have any of that, so "scalling" Ikki's survival against Stella only shows that being at disadvantage in AP is nothing new, not that the very same scenario will just repeat itself

Fear is resisted then, however my vote never based only on Fear, actually, it is based on Ikki resisting it

The slow of time. Im not all that enthusiastic about using non DMC1 things in DMC1 key. Quicksilver was never a thing in DMC1 it being chronologically before doesn't mean he still has it. Similar to why he doesn't have previous weapons. About the Bangle of Time is that DMC1? The teleportation and attack by surprise is not gonna work past Perfect Vision. Can't take by surprise someone that knows your every move. Before you do. (I will get to the time stop later)

I know you don't like, however it is part of Dante's arsenal in both DMC3 (Which takes place before 1) and in his actual page here in the VS, so "doesn't mean he still have it" simply doesn't work by default, if you ant to discard one of Dante's haxes, make a CRT, this isn't the place for this. Anyway, my vote also included the fact that Quicksilver isn't his "first" move in a fight post DMC3, the fact that it will appear in the fight is actually Ikki's fault, because he will eventually give Dante some pressure with his own speed amp, and assuming Dante will just "oh, okay" while being at this situation, instead that he is just going to use what he has in his options, is iffy at best if you ask me

Not having his previous weapons is explained on DMC CD Drama, where it is revealed that with the exception of living-dangerous Devil Arms, like Agnu&Rudra, Alastor and Ifrit, he just let Enzo had them on his collection, and he can purchase them if he want, assuming DMC1 Dante without giving any details about his arsenal gives him his options up to that point in the series. However this isn't even a problem here because saying that Dante doesn't have Quicksilver, which is a style by saying something (wrong) about Devil Arms is just a false equivalency, it was never stated in the series that Dante sold or just discarted said power. Not including it in other games just falls on mechanics, if they inlude e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g in DMC5, for example, it wouldn't work, we don't even have enough buttons for that

Yes, bangle is DMC1, and stops time. I know Ikki has Analytical Predicition and Instinctive Reactions, but both depends on Ikki following Dante's body movements, which will start to not happen when speed starts to appear, Ikki can read people faster than him, but he will never read someone while on Time Slow or Time Stop, the later is literaly impossible, also their activation isn't something that Ikki will just "i have to stop this", Quicksilver literally stops at will, and Bangle aswell (The game does have an animation with Dante punching the ground to trigger it while stopped on ground, but same doesn't happens while in other circumstances)

Also, the very fact that Dante's main Time Hax in 1 is the bangle and not the Quicksilver actually goes against Ikki here, as it will make the abangle Dante's choice here. With Shura Ikki will be able to push Dante, but unable to one shot him or kill him since Dante's Dura can tank the AP and his Regen can take the rest. You said how Dante's regen isn't infinite but the only real time when Ikki is really going to make Dante's Regen work is when he will be using Shura, I don't even need to argue about Dante's regen limit (It doesn't exist, the limit is his Stamina, not his Regenerationn) to show how being there or not, it isn't a factor, as you said, if it works for a normal fight time, it will be enough here

Royal guard, against someone much faster and more skilled is....eh. He has to time royal guard, he'd need to read ikki's timing and stuff, not really a piece of cake against someone who can make you see afterimages to confuse your timing. And Royalguard will really not do anything because of Dokuga No Tachi existing. Ikki will want dante to block that.

You need to time for a perfect block, however without timing still useful, and not only it blocks, it nullifies attacks, so dunno what Doku can do against that. Vergil can aslo create afterimages, and it wasn't a problem for Dante. Thing is, my vote is based on the fact that Dante will be able to block Ikki until he goes 10X faster, then yes Dante will be unable to block perfectly, and that's when Time Hax appears as I already explained on the previsous section

Ok now onto time stop. Ya'll know what im gonna say. Trackless Step, pretty hard counters time stop/slow.

Deconstruction- Needs to shoot a bullet ikki just dodges.

Soul Hax- Needs to hit ikki raw. Considering his AP advantage it doesn't really add much to the table, Dante will most likely 1 shot anyway.

Both Steps and Dodges depend on one thing: motion

This by default doesn't happen when Time is literally stopped, I don't see the real reason to why that would work against Time Stop and that's why it is so dangerous, once it gets activated, and it will, Ikki literally is screwed, as he can't dodge deconstruction and etc

No...

He literally has never done that. Due to tournament rules.

Ikki has never used phantom form, what

Quicksilver isn't even worth discussing, Bangle of time is in DMC1 where Dante gets it

@KingOfSunlight

Ok but skill does matter. "A light sneeze would turn him to paste". You think that wasn't happening?

(The first move will be a straight thrust towards my forehead! I'll counter the same way I did earlier!)

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

However, just as Ikki was about counter with Madoka, he saw a vision of his head vanishing.

"!!!!"

Following that instinct, Ikki immediately tilted his neck to the right.

Instantly, wind pressure like that of a passing cannonball assaulted his eardrums.

(The air next to my face just disappeared…! What an incredible thrust…!)

It was faster than he'd expected, and far stronger. It was a thrust that blew away even the atmosphere.

The increase in physical power from Dragon Spirit far exceeded Ikki's estimate.

Had he taken that with Madoka, the timimg would have been off and his head would have been blown off.

*Not only do none of those have justifications nor explanations, so saying they're better is nebulous at best and outright lies at worst, but being able to deal with hax like that doesn't suddenly mean it isn't a threat, especially since Ikki does not resist the hax at all.

Now now, let's not be rude with the "lies" part. I can play that game too but its not like there's anything to gain from it. As for the hax, precisely he does not resist them, he deals with them, he fights them head on and uses his head and skill to find a way past them. Resistance is not the only way to deal with hax. About the justification idk what you mean though. About the "better" i never said they're better, i just wanted to say "saying dante has hax doesn't mean anything as ikki has dealt with hax before they're daily occurences to him".

*the AP shenanigans here are also, like the earlier ones, bullshit, and smell like complete outliers at the absolute best. Skill does not make up for someone being able to punch you so hard you turn into paste from the mere wind.

I guess this is the same as the point above, so let's both drop this, seems redundant to have 2 points about AP. Just worth noting that Ikki can deal with ppl far faster too.

*Bangle of Time is DMC1. I honestly don't know if you've even played the game, but it is. And Dante is perfectly capable of using his styles. They're intrinsic to how he fights, and DMC1 not having them is merely the issue of chronology vs release order.

I haven't. I have played DMC3, 4 and 5 several times and am a big fan, but never played DMC1 or 2. Yeah, chronology vs release order issue doesn't mean quicksilver is fair game. Fair point on Bangle of Time though. Just avoid using that, its for the best imo. You already have Bangle of Time, quicksilver is redundant so avoid stepping into that territory.

*Royal Guard is not merely a block, it is power null. And even though Ikki's probably more skilled for now, Dante isn't so stupid he can't figure it out.

"Power null" no...just no. It's a block, it perfectly blocks everything, yes. Still a block. As for figuring it out, what's he gonna figure out that ikki is flexing his muscles in such a way that he can send shockwaves inside people's bodies? Only 2 ppl have realized that, the first is Edel, but she's just Ikki+ so it doesn't count. The other is Yuudai Moroboshi but he had his instinct warn him of this "posionous strike". So just saying "he can figure it out" is not gonna cut it. But the idea is Royal Guard doesn't do anything. Even though he shouldn't have it in DMC1

*Trackless Step doesn't suddenly counter time stop.

Dante not being able to perceive Ikki means he can do anything in time stop?

*Deflecting Dante's bullets would just destroy Ikki's sword, and Dante fires a shitload of bullets in a short time so while I don't doubt Ikki can dodge them, even a nick would cause sure death.

Invulnerability and trackless step, so he deals with those fun.

Schnee One said:
Ikki has never used phantom form, what
He has used it outside of tournaments (or in the 1st mock battle against Stella). But literally up to volume 9 is just "fights with tournament rules". So most of it is not with phantom form. The only ppl he has fought with phantom form are fodder.

Schnee One said:
Aogiri can you seriously tone it with the comments towards him? Don't be Zephyros
Oh don't mind me. Just a bit fed up with him contradicting whats on the profile.

Royalguard is powernull. Thats already accepted on the profile. Invulnerability also doesn't stop you from having your soul destroyed.

No, I will mind you, someone being ignorant isn't an excuse to be rude, you and I both know how obnoxious it was to deal with a child on DMC threads, don't be that.

Trackless Step (µè£ÒüìÞÂ│ Nukiashi): Created by the legendary God of War, Torajirou Nangou, Trackless Step is a part of an ancient Japanese martial art, which the user combines both their breath control and footwork to split into their opponent's unconsciousness due to the brain being unable to process all of the little details that a person sees or hear without overworking itself and/or burning out. As such, the Trackless Step doesn't accelerate a person's movements, but it instead makes their actions challenging to perceive even though they're able to see them, their brain doesn't recognize it as relevant information. It appears as if they had just zoned out for a moment. Weaker users of Trackless Step have shown the ability to use Trackless Step to enter people's blind spots, Ikki used this to get into the blind spots of an entire army simultaneously.

This ability from what im reading is reliant on movement... Which you cant do when youre frozen in time. So yeah I don't see how that counters.

> @KingOfSunlight Ok but skill does matter. "A light sneeze would turn him to paste". You think that wasn't happening?

What you've described doesn't sound like a 200x AP difference, it sounds like an outlier. This happens all the time in fiction, where people can dodge and barely survive against people far stronger and faster than them, but in every time it is usually conisdered an outlier for them not dying.

Except for here, for some reason.

Needless to say, these AP difference being overcome by skill feats are just outright bull. I have no qualms about saying that. They should be taken with a grain of salt, but somehow you expect me to take them seriously. I don't mean to be insulting, but when I hear "200x difference in AP" I don't think about how a character could outskill, I think about how even if they could outskill, they'd be flattened by the merest touch.

> Now now, let's not be rude with the "lies" part. I can play that game too but its not like there's anything to gain from it. As for the hax, precisely he does not resist them, he deals with them, he fights them head on and uses his head and skill to find a way past them. Resistance is not the only way to deal with hax. About the justification idk what you mean though. About the "better" i never said they're better, i just wanted to say "saying dante has hax doesn't mean anything as ikki has dealt with hax before they're daily occurences to him".

From before: "About the hax, it's not like Ikki has not fought hax before. He has also fought time hax before (far beyond Dante's paygrade), although the girl used an unknown handicap so take it with a grain of salt. Teleportation. Yeah fair, ikki beat spatial hax that works similarly but better. Etc so hax are nothing new to ikki."

Anyway, aside from that little bit, you need to remember that Dante is not, and will never be, the people he has dealt with. Certainly Ikki can deal with them coming at him individually, but all at once, with a stronger fighter? Probably not.

> I guess this is the same as the point above, so let's both drop this, seems redundant to have 2 points about AP. Just worth noting that Ikki can deal with ppl far faster too.

I don't get this. Why would you say "let's drop this" while also trying to make a statement about Ikki's superiority? Honestly my guy, it feels disingenuous.

Like, you're making a statement while also saying that I can't respond to it. Not only that, the statement goes directly against what I believe, but since you've stated that you want to drop the issue, I'm going to look worse for bringing it up.

Anyway, again, I will call outlier on this as well. If the difference is between FTL+ and MFTL+, I cannot take the feat seriously.

> "Power null" no...just no. It's a block, it perfectly blocks everything, yes. Still a block. As for figuring it out, what's he gonna figure out that ikki is flexing his muscles in such a way that he can send shockwaves inside people's bodies? Only 2 ppl have realized that, the first is Edel, but she's just Ikki+ so it doesn't count. The other is Yuudai Moroboshi but he had his instinct warn him of this "posionous strike". So just saying "he can figure it out" is not gonna cut it. But the idea is Royal Guard doesn't do anything. Even though he shouldn't have it in DMC1

Oh my sweet summer child.

"Power Nullification and Absorption (With Royalguard)"

In DMC3, 4, and 5, it is outright said to nullify the attack. Yes, it is a "block" in the same way that a parry is, only that RG outright nulls the attack, while a parry changes the momentum to go elsewhere.

> Dante not being able to perceive Ikki means he can do anything in time stop?

"Enhanced Senses (Enhanced Sixth, can see souls and the spirits that Hell Greed summons, can see the aura of his opponents)

Precognition (With Alastor, capable of sensing incoming threats before they appeared, like Phantom and Nero Angelo; the latter was in a mirror dimension before he appeared)
"

He can percieve of the invisible and intangible, and even percieve of threats before they manifest. He can also see aura. So yes, he can do a good bit.

> Invulnerability and trackless step, so he deals with those fun.

Decon is a hard counter to invulnerability, and trackless step is countered by Dante's senses and precog.

Wait isn't ikki's trackless step entirely reliant on movment/breathing techniques? Thats...Thats not going to work when time stops unless Im missing something...

9 for Dante, didn't count Schnee since idk if it was a vote

1 for Ikki

I will just tell you guys the votes after some time period, but that's enough for grace. Or should we respect Earl and wait him?

We should wait I think, even if the votes were reset to 0 there's plenty of DMC supporters who can give input and vote anyway.

Also Ploz's vote is ridiculously blind and doesn't respond to the counterarguments for Dante, so his votes validity is questionable

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
1 Problem, dante isn't 16 MT, he's 9 MT
the 9mt is plasma an ultra forage demon that is less than griffon that is so inferior to nightmare that mundus had to restrict his power until the events of dmc1 that he was not only trampled 1 and 2 in the third he and trish were not problem for dante and dante already faced nelo angelo a demon to which mundus declared to be his best tasting triumph so 19MT is a low ball

It does for the Sword

Force Edge literally on it's own is superior to the Temen-ni-gru tower, which is 5.4 mt, the difference is that not everyone can use its power, however that's not a problem for Dante

The scaling I mean, we can't add random numbers scaling from previous feats, its calc stacking and that's a no-no.

Not like it matters when the Battle is heavy dependant of hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back