• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celebrating 25k edits with chaos! Skill tries to eat pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pen or the sword said:
How will it weaken dante? Its based purly on will power manip from what I see and dante resist.
He could move in pain with pure willpower but he wasn't completely unaffected by it.

@Spooky

Yes DMC3 dante used it in a cutscene....the cutscene where he literally got the ability. Quite literally testing it. If dante's quick silver were that in character he would have stomped vergil.

And Quicksilver, from what I remember, barely works against Vergil in the fight. Not talking about the fact that when corrupted by Mundus he resists time stop

@Schnee

Oh yes he can. A deconstruction bullet and it's gg. Not to mention inside quick silver he can just yeet a hundred slashes into vergil. Take away his Force Edge and Yamato. You name it. Again, if he used Quicksilver Vergil would have been dead meat.

@Spooky

It does work in the fight....

About corruption by mundus. In gameplay he does still get affected by time stop.

Firephoenixearl said:
@Schnee
Oh yes he can. A deconstruction bullet and it's gg. Not to mention inside quick silver he can just yeet a hundred slashes into vergil. Take away his Force Edge and Yamato. You name it. Again, if he used Quicksilver Vergil would have been dead meat.

@Spooky

It does work in the fight....

About corruption by mundus. In gameplay he does still get affected by time stop.
You haven't even played DMC1 so how would you know that? Also you clearly don't get the context of the last fight in DMC3.

Even if we wanna say "Quicksilver GG", Dante wasn't trying to kill or hurt his brother. He was trying to slap some sense into him and get him to realize gaining Sparda's power wasn't worth it. He was trying to bring him back.

If you mean the "it works in gameplay" i literally saw a dude once yeeting nelo angelo vergil with time stop.

Besides, why does that matter?

I meant it at the "you haven't played DMC1". Yes i haven't but why does that matter? If the info im saying is correct.

@Aogiri (edited comment)

That's not really the case. If Dante's point was to let vergil have all the power and still beat him, then he wouldn't have gone for the Force Edge before the fight started. He lost the race to the Force Edge so he fought him. Dante even says "And now my soul is saying it wants to stop you", because Dante wanted to stop vergil from gaining Sparda's power.

Firephoenixearl said:
I meant it at the "you haven't played DMC1". Yes i haven't but why does that matter? If the info im saying is correct.
@Aogiri (edited comment)

That's not really the case. If Dante's point was to let vergil have all the power and still beat him, then he wouldn't have gone for the Force Edge before the fight started. He lost the race to the Force Edge so he fought him. Dante even says "And now my soul is saying it wants to stop you", because Dante wanted to stop vergil from gaining Sparda's power.
...Thats not what I said at all? I said he isn't going to quicksilver and ******* kill him, because he wanted to save him from going down the path he was walking?...

He didn't need to ******* kill him, just take the sword from him?

And if he wanted to prove superiority (that he was stronger even without Sparda's power), then why exactly does that not include using quicksilver?

I mean its not like Ikki has actual techniques, just an argument on "skill gg".

Oh well whatever, someone add and close this.

Firephoenixearl said:
This isn't exactly "any" skill. This is ikki. Deconstruction gets negged by pretty much anything. Time abilities aren't in character and Ikki can deal with them before they're used due to the animation.
Yes, yes it was.

Yes it was used as an argument to "Well skill can't beat hax". When ikki has actual abilities with his skill.

It would be lovely if this relied more on actual arguments and less taking words out of context though.

His abilities amount to "Ive dealt with hax before", "I have a set of amps" and "I have an incap move my opponent resist and an invisiblity dance that requires constant moving/breathing"

Oh you forgot some:

Ability that lets him seem to blitz opponents due to lacking acceleration.

One of the best analytical predictions on the site.

Dozens of senses to tell him about any danger

And some more but yes.

These can counter Dante's stuff rather easily. And the "my opponent resist" is like barely resistance and it depends on the level of pain dante was on.

Blitz sounds like just another amp but you do you (I guess it's not quite an amp but its functionally similar as it gets rid of the need to accelerate), best is a matter of opinion though I agree it seems potent.

Dozens of senses that will tell him don't let this bastard hit you, and senses that will struggle to warn him when time comes to a stop.

He still resist so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back