• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Categorically Verbose and Obnoxiously and Unbelievably Long Powers & Abilities Lists on VsBattles Characters Profiles and How To Perhaps Make Them a L

Yeah, I'm strongly against having way too many lines for the Powers and Abilities section; tabbers seem like a good idea for long lists. Though, for certain characters, having a big list actually makes sense. Such as Composite Link considering he's a composite character or the Final Fantasy V protagonists since their composite Freelancer class is actually canon.

Wok@ I'm not against the idea, but is really annoying when you combine this problem with what Matt brough here. There has to be a balance between bearable and reliable.

That's not my intent at all. My commentary has to do with a culture that priorites quantity and upgrading over accuracy.

I fully support and agree with Kep's solution.

And as Crab said, long walls of text are looked upon with utter disgust.

Matthew Schroeder said:
My commentary has to do with a culture that priorites quantity and upgrading over accuracy.
Whoever you're talking about does not represent us.

Or at the very, very least, it does not represent 16 of us (and counting I'd bet).

And even if it did represent this community, you shouldn't just go around acting high and mighty. Everyone is a man just like you, everyone gets frustrated over this stuff, and everyone will sometimes evaluate something in an inaccurate way.

But you will become the inaccuracy if you pretend it's everyone else's problem.

Well, Matthew is likely under some social pressure from the Narutoforums/OBD members who constantly make fun of us. He has done a lot of hard work trying to help this wiki to get better.

Personally, I don't consider tabbers too hard to learn how to use them (unlike reference sections). We have numerous profiles with several pictures at the top of said profiles, which are used to switch pictures of one or another character. Such a function was built up by tabbers.

I think it would be better if we split up not only pictures for each key, but also entire profiles (excluding the NA/T section probably), as it will show a certain character only in one or another form/incarnation that a reader can casually switch.

As for Firephoenix' example, I would recommend to move lots of additional info about how one or another P&A works to the NA/T section, alongside with its proofs (e.g. Imgur scans, YouTube videos, or whatever is used to justify one or another P&A).

It's still a completely useless section that does absolutely nothing to help other than induce provoked people to respond back to the OP. Having that there adds nothing but fuel to a fire and it's an immature thing to write, especially when it doesn't even have anything to do with the subject.

We're talking about overtly long, legitimate abilities. Not inflated profiles. That's a subject for separate CRTs, each.

I could probably do the same for the D&D Adventurer if the length of the page is an issue. I agree with Kep more than anything in that this should only affect pages of massive g i r t h rather than relatively short profiles.

Something else that might be good is moving the "Key" section towards the top of a characters profile rather than the bottom. Some characters have upwards of 5 keys and it's really annoying to read through a whole profile, see the key describing what goes where at the bottom, and then having to scroll back and forth to check what goes into what key. It'd be much easier to see if the key was at the top.

It'd be taken care of with files we end up tabbering.

It does look sorta ugly, but at the same time the occasions when I've had to scroll down an unreasonable amount of text to read just who the Hell's statistics I'm even reading have been...numerous, to say the least.

It would result in a mess with certain files having keys at the top and others at the bottom. It's much better to leave keys as they are, in the bottom, as they would otherwise break a natural flow of information related to the characters abilities, and just look ugly with their all caps format on the top or middle.

Crabwhale said:
It does look sorta ugly, but at the same time the occasions when I've had to scroll down an unreasonable amount of text to read just who the Hell's statistics I'm even reading have been...numerous, to say the least.
That's not really a big deal? Scrolling down doesn't take more than 10 seconds.

Back