• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow discussion

This is almost just a question, but I do have problems with LOS Dracula current stats

First, for AP:

As you can see, he indeed has numerous feats but most of them aren't really 5-A, or even 5-B, but High 6-A. Without further details, "destroying the world" is usually taken as a timeframeless surface wiping, which is 183 Petatons as fair as I remember, including both Forgotten One and Leviathan quotes, and while reducing the Earth to ashes is a famous Ifrit feat from Final Fantasy, which has a calc at 1 Exaton, in the end it still is a High 6-A feat. The quote aswell also implies surface destruction as it states that the result would be strong enough to "leave no place to hide", meaning there still something there, just unable to cover someone, said quote also at least shows us it's a very strong surface destruction that could lead to higher results, so maybe a calc could help

Now, the main thing here is the 5-A feat, it has a calc, sure, but apparently even the staff who evaluated is uncertain if its valid or not, why ? Because it was done via a machine/device, not exactly someone's power, which in the ends makes this a very weird feat to be considered as AP. Maybe the fact that it is Zobek's dimension was the main argument for scaling this to their usual power, but having a dimension without universal energy systems and/or pgysical feats at that level no longer is enough to scale them to the Dimension's size or anything related

I guess it's possible that it is valid, if that's the case, "At least High 6-A, possibly/likely 5-A" could work aswell, I want more opinions on this

Now, for speed

Now this has one big problem, I don't mind the light being accepted as real light, I agree with it, but the result is likely smaller than this thank to one assumption: Dracula's height

In the calc, it was used 2,75 m (which is insanely tall) for Gabriel Belmont, not only this height is questionable on its own (Gabriel was still human in this case), but the source also is, coming from this, which isn't official to begin with, and if you take a close look to the calc, said height is important to the result as the distance is pixel scaled from his assumed height. Going by this image, Gabriel is 781px while the other guy is 600px, the average height for a man of that era is around 173 cm, which makes gabriel wround 220 cm tall, and it's very likely that the man is just under average height and he is clearly a bit crouched, so still, a good cms that can change the calc's result, that's the only issue I have with it

My bet is assuming around 2 m for his height would be better

Aaand that's all, I feel that we should talk more about the verse, I have plans on doing Trevor/Alucard profile, and we should add a key for Dracula, in his Gabriel Belmont version from the 1st game

I think we should stay on this one, since it's focused on AP and the new speed problem, we should call some Castlevania staff aswell

The feats are indeed High 6-A but if 5-A is valid, I don't really see it as outlier tho, since the Tier 6 feats aren't really full power and are rather casual from beings weaker than Dracula and co

Okay. No problem. Thank you for the reply.

Thank you for the bump, Ant

The biggest problem is my opinion is speed, as Gabriel's height used in its calc was far from official

High 6-A is also questionable. The energy to destroy the world is only one specific attack and nobody survives at close ragw, and it doesn't even look like the attack at its 100%, since the explosion is very small.

High 6-A is also questionable. The energy to destroy the world is only one specific attack and nobody survives at close ragw, and it doesn't even look like the attack at its 100%, since the explosion is very small.
Hmm in that case our best bet might be the feat Drac has early in the second game

I agree most of those feats are High 6-A, but is there a reason for the devise to be scaled to their main stats? Was it an object basically formed with the fraction of the creator's magical powers or something? I agree the feat itself is fine, but I'd like more evidence that for why it would scale to anyone other than that devise. Otherwise, I think I agree with what the OP is proposing until I get proof.

Also, I recall the alleged FTL feat was recalculated to be Relativistic or something a while back. Though may be for a different set of characters and a different feat. But I anticipate the feat should be relatively similar. And it also should be calculated if it hasn't already.

Thank you for helping out to you as well.

I agree most of those feats are High 6-A, but is there a reason for the devise to be scaled to their main stats? Was it an object basically formed with the fraction of the creator's magical powers or something? I agree the feat itself is fine, but I'd like more evidence that for why it would scale to anyone other than that devise. Otherwise, I think I agree with what the OP is proposing until I get proof.

Also, I recall the alleged FTL feat was recalculated to be Relativistic or something a while back. Though may be for a different set of characters and a different feat. But I anticipate the feat should be relatively similar. And it also should be calculated if it hasn't already.
Even if it had a bit of the creator's Magic (which afaik we don't have such statement), the device still has tech involved, hard to say we could scale the whole feat to them if that's the case

I can calculate some feats when I get back from school
That would be awesome, thank you

Done

I realized that the FTL feat is not FTL. The light attack destroys the ground, and therefore has impact, which is impossible for a real light attack
Screenshot_20210817-093915.png
Screenshot_20210817-093925.png

This is really against the SoL standard

Preferably tell us here when you are done in that case.

Back