• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Double Standard with Pocket Dimensions?

Also, understand that Dracula only turns to dust in the sunlight when he's already beaten and dying as is. Seriously, this is important. The only time Dracula turns to dust in the sun, either in Super Castlevania 4 or Portrait of Ruin, it is after the heroes have beaten the hell out of him and he is lying kneeling on the floor. We have no idea how a full-powered Dracula would react to sunlight. But I am inclined to believe it wouldn't kill him.

>Also, understand that Dracula only turns to dust in the sunlight when he's already beaten and dying as is. If you have proof him being alright or beaten changes the fact he turns to dust, i think you should post it.

>Super Castlevania 4 isn't canon. IGA said that the NES version of Castlevania is the main timeline one IGA is the producer, and no longer works on the company. His word is hardly valid on canon on this point. But sure, if you want to ignore the fact that he got turned knto bats and desintegrated, its fine. But you cannot ignore portrait of ruin, which is canon by every and all sources, where the same thing happens.

I didn't know there was a light novel. That being said, holy shit the downplay here.

Most video games don't look as strong as they are since portraying these types of feats directly in gameplay is hard.

>And we're not discussing weaknesses to sunlight, we're discussing pocket dimension feats We started discussing the sunlight weakness because hin creating suns was a big aspect of the pocket dimension feats, if he didnt have this weakness, the reasoning about him creating suns becomes absurd. And i think tgat with the proof ive posted above, 4-A dimensional feats should be considered an outlier.

@Zach Very true, but without a statement or attack being made, I don't think we should assume that a background equals attack potency.

A "possibly 4-A", sure, but I don't think we should consider it a concrete feat unless there is direct evidence of that level of destructive power.

The feat linked to the current profiles jsutifying 4-A is a background change from a room (that has been seen being connected to the outside world in SC4 and PoR) into a "star" (since it is never proven to be actual stars) filled background. (Which never hit Richter or affect him in any way. It wouldnt make sense either since it implies there is no oxigen to breathe, and richter would die from that alone since he drowns underwater).

And the background changes from the original RoB to the remake and to its sequel, Sotn. And thus, it has been proven it is too inconsistent to be used as a valid feat. I rest my case.

Not to mention dracula has a weakness to raw sunlight, the same the stars would create.

Can't really say much the matter, being completely ignorant about it. But, while Dracula is destroyed by sunlight, the light of the stars during normal nights doesn't do anything to him. Also, Eclypses are usually used to show his advent (Aria of Sorrow takes place during one and his final battle agains Nathan Graves in Circle of the Moon is under one as well) and he is unphazed by the light there as well.

Also, a character being able to breathe in new dimensions is kind of a standard in fiction. Unless it's plot relevant or a sci-fi setting that adresses that there's no oxygen or the atmosphere is toxic, characters go to other worlds, alien settings and have no problem breathing. Richter drowning can be easily seen as gameplay mechanics in the same vein of how Mario or Sonic can jump and insane heights but still die from falling to pits and holes, how Mega Man can tank laser beams and weapons but dies from touching spikes, even Simon himself in Castlevania 1 can die from falling to pits, yet can go through this one without a scratch.

If you aren't a sock, don't take it personally, that's just how Matt can be. Admin sort of requires that level of paranoia

I have every reason to be enraged with you, Matthew.

You appeared out of nowhere in the 2-A Azura thread to say "Yeah, delete it" without any reasoning why.

You have accuseed me of being a sock based on ******* taste and disagreeing with a rating four times.

I agree.

Also the issue here isn't about dying in sunlight or breathing in space. We're discussing whether a double standard exists regarding the connection between pocket dimensions and AP, with Castlevania being the main example that I know of and would care to use.

I would like to bring up the point that the background changes between games as well.

I don't doubt that Castlevania is 4-A, I just don't think the feats presented as reasoning for that rating should just be taken at face value, considering their unclear nature.

Yes, the stars can be barely seen in the video, i'll try to search for Brauner dimensions.

The multilayer quantum-space barrier stuff is certainly good as far as showing the nature of what vampires are capable of in the way of hax, but it still doesn't imply much as far as scale goes.

As far as I can tell about this site, our priority scale seems to be destructive feats > statements > side materials > Word of God > inference. The nature of the pocket dimensions and their scale and status as either illusions or fully-sized replicas of actual solar systems seems to be just inference, when the idea of them being illusory is just as real of a possibility as them equating to destructive capacity.

When the castle collapses upon Dracula defeat, all the matter inside of it crumbles including all the dimensions inside of it, so its a destructive feat rather than interference.

Inference, not interference.

What I mean by that is that while we know the pocket dimensions are destroyed, we don't have any evidence for how big they are beyond what we can infer based on evidence which is extremely unclear, never directly explained or shown, and is disregarded when dealing with other verses (like Devil May Cry)

Devil May Cry will be likely upgraded when DMC5 comes out, so leave that out of this.

In each Castlevania game the castle ends up collapsing, then castle gets recreated [Since its structure and map changes depending on the game] and returns. The pocket dimensions are not small and we rate pocket dimensions with stars inside as 4-A since Kid Icarus also got upgraded because of that, other verses are and will be 4-A for same reasons, Castlevania included since the verse has tier 2 feats and 4 ones are fine for a low-end, so again its not an inference.

Oooooohhh, alright.

I was under the assumption that the statement in the rules about Mundus applied to all pocket dimension feats, not that he was the exception.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I do disagree with our policies on pocket dimensions, but I don't think it's necessarily worth a full overhaul, considering how common of a thing it is.

Yeah that makes sense, but it feels more like the PCs are destroying the pocket dimensions by killing Drac, rather than actually sending a shockwave or impact throughout the space inside. Which I would argue is more a weakness on the part of Drac and his dimensions than a feat on the part of the Belmont.

There's no proof of it, but that's just my personal view on it so take it with a grain of salt.

I admit I also might be a bit biased because I feel like the story of Castlevania is more grounded and interesting when peaking at Country-level. Having a planet full of Solar System-shredders that aren't being treated as such feels like it cheapens the conflict and stretches disbelief too far. Argument from Incredulity, I know, but again, grain of salt.

Speaking of Kid Icarus, it should likely be downgraded back to 6-C unless there is proof those stars are real.

I mean, that deserves a thread on it's own. Like if we are in space and we see white dots and such all around, 9 times outta 10, they are stars. However, with pocket realms it becomes tricky to the point that 4-A pocket realms become hard to come by. But like I said, it's best to make another thread regarding it as a whole instead of arguing it here.

Back