• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Double Standard with Pocket Dimensions?

Yeah and they do not make sense for the reasons ive stated above. Have you read them?

>Cherry pciking

When they do not make sense or are outliers, the "feat" must be dismissed, Casltevania doesnt deserve special threatment.

Yes...I was there. So where is your debunk for that entire blog? You saying "8-B at most" shows me you have not read the blog.

Is there any lore explanation for why the Belmonts are as strong as godly beings?

Not a part of my argument, just curious. Because if it's just training, then that's an astronomically-impressive gym regimen

Why are you being so rude and passive-aggresive here? There is zero reasons to do that and it just makes you prone to being reported and potentially even banned. Drop this shit.

Also, Dracula's castle is itself said to be a formless creature of Chaos which assumes many incarnations, and I am fairly sure the Light Novel says it is made out of Infinite Souls, so I don't think "Pocket Dimensions would be bigger than the castle we see outside" is a real argument.

And once again, Brauner's Portraits are said to be Multi-Layer Quantum Spaces, and I am pretty sure a main plot point of the game is that they just exist to draw out power from Dracula's Castle.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Not a part of my argument, just curious. Because if it's just training, then that's an astronomically-impressive gym regimen
Push ups, sit ups and plenty of juice.

What's an example of a feat from verse where a dimension is created with stars in the background where the background is considered illusionary?

Oh, saying that casltevania being 4-A is a outlier and they should be at most.8-B means that ive not read the blog? You must have better arguments that this. Now, i demand proof that solves my three arguments above or castlevania should 100% be downgraded to 8-B (at least)

1.-Dracula never adresses either the RoB final battle background or how it changes in Symphony og the night 2.-Dracula cannot stand sunlight and dies instantly from it. 3.-They do not behave like real stars at all and one of them would be bigger than the castle we see from the outside.

@Dragon

I'm not saying there's an example specifically, I just feel like our standards with pocket dimension background imagery should be more "cosmetic unless proven scaleable"

@Dragon
I'm not saying there's an example specifically, I just feel like our standards with pocket dimension background imagery should be more "cosmetic unless proven scaleable"
Well, I guess that makes sense? But if a character created a dimension, and in that dimension are visible stars, then why is the assumption that those stars are illusions? I feel like if it wasn't a star and instead something less tier deciding like small asteroids that would viewed with less sceptisim.

@Dragon If they interacted with or specified the mechanics of the asteroids then yes, but without doing so I don't know that they should be used for AP scaling due to the unknown nature of them.

If I wanted to make a pocket dimension that ran on my imagination, even if it wasn't actually a 4-A scale, I'd probably pepper it with some star-looking glowiness to look intimidating.

@Dragon If they interacted with or specified the mechanics of the asteroids then yes, but without doing so I don't know that they should be used for AP scaling due to the unknown nature of them.
If I wanted to make a pocket dimension that ran on my imaginatio, even if it wasn't actually a 4-A scale, I'd probably pepper it with some star-looking glowiness to look intimidating.
Wouldn't this depend on the character's personality and the way they created the dimension?

Didn't that only happen twice, and one of them was a weaker manifestation of him? The other one is simply a low end feat. Compared to other higher feats.

True, I forgot to put the Ovo after that. Though I dare you to convince me that Dracula isn't a man of theatrics.
Speaking of vampires with a liking for theatrics
Oid
Oid2

Oh, so are you going to dismiss they happened? Then i think we can confirm you are being biased. Ignoring a blatant weakness and giving the unexplained star backgrounds a lot or excuses for how they are valid when they contradict various facts about the castlevania verse as explained above.

Um we do this for other verses you know.... Biased? So people who disagree with you ar biased. I could easily say your biased against the verse, but you don't see me calling out accusations. Drop that tone.

This weakness is contradicted by other feats in the series. "Unexplained Backgrounds" i.e the same backgrounds directly stated to be "Multi-Layer Quantum Spaces". So yeah....they are explained. Once again showing you did not read the blog.

Dio and Dracula would absolutely go out for a drink together.

Probably a good pillaging too.

Hans, I do partially agree with your points (if not your tone), but I also don't think we can put everything at 8-B considering the mere existence of Judgement.

Hans has been aggressive this entire time and has not changed his tone once despite multiple warnings.

Judgement should be low 2-C if not 2-C, yeah. Its merging two timelines and all.

But, it is a crossover fighting game, so i think that should be a separate tier or profile. But for now, i am judt talking about the main games.

>Dracula's weakness to sunlight shouldnt be noted, but the unexplained "4-A" should be. That is why i think you are wrong. It is a bit obvious you are trying to hide away weaknesses but insists on having an outlier around.

I know. It's making me feel like my own side of the debate is getting hard to agree with.

Hans, I'm asking you nicely to stop, both for the sake of the pocket dimension debate and general decency.

""Dracula's weakness to sunlight shouldnt be noted, but the unexplained "4-A" should be. That is why i think you are wrong. It is a bit obvious you are trying to hide away weaknesses but insists on having an outlier around."

>Outlier

Has multiple Tier 5, 4 and even has Tier 2 feats. But the sunlight feat is more consistent.

Hellbeast1 said:
I'd also point out creating a dime in full of stars is High 4-C not 4-A
It's creating that many stars that's High 4-C or 4-B with enough. However to create a dimension with them he's presumably creating the space used to contain them, which we consider more impressive for whatever reason, making it 4-A.

4-A being so much higher than 4-B is because it's based on an attack that's strong enough to destroy multiple solar systems by just traveling through the immense gap and retaining its power.

Tier 2 is completely solid as far as I can tell, we're discussing the matter of tier 4 pocket dimensions.

I'm not sure where Matt went, though.

About the whole idea of "sunlight," I can show why this has nothing to do with Dracula AP or Durability.

First a more scientific explanation. The energy released by the Sun every second is approximately 3.846 x 1026 joules. The distance from the Sun to Earth is approximately 149600000000. The energy dissipates almost perfectly omnidirectionally, so we can use the Inverse Square Law to find an approximate value of how much energy is found at this distance. This is just 1.367e+3 joules/m┬▓ (And even this is a High-end). Even if Dracula occupied 1m┬▓ of Earth's surface, the energy he would receive would only be Tier 9.

Unless you say that Dracula would also die for the very energy of the wind (In more accurate calculations, the wind energy for the same area is nearly identical to solar energy), Dracula dying for sunlight has no relation to his durability.

The reason Dracula dies for sunlight is not durability, we receive sunlight every moment and we do not die. The motive would be, if only it were legitimate, just a character weakness specific to that. And this has nothing to do with her AP or durability.

Vampires may have weakness in sunlight, this is simply an trope in vampire stories that is very contradictory, has nothing to do with its durability and still exists only because it is something famous and practically necessary in many vampire stories. There is no reason to complicate the matter by saying that sunlight is proof that Dracula would not be Tier 4, the two things are unrelated.

Vampire weakness from sunlight is a standard of vampire stories all the way from the original Vram Stocker novel, and that entire explanantion is useless compared to the two showings of raw sunlight killing Dracula in Super Castlevania 4 and Portrait of Ruin, which are both backed up by lore and backed up by canon.

Sorry for not considering throwing Dracula into the sunlight a win scenario is just wanking based on the proof ive provided above.

The point is his weakness to sunlight has nothing to do with his durability. It's just a weakness.

Back