• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania debuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a while has passed since and there has been no reply whatsoever from the knowledgeable staff, I guess the changes can be applied at this point, they can make a CRT to revert it should there be more stuff to bring up.

Just gonna say I'm agreeing with Dante BTW

Void manip is like only one win con for Dracula and its not likely used early, ngl it looks a lot slimmer for Drac there

My other points ain't been addressed please

Since Matthew has accepted this, it can probably be applied now.

Since Matthew has accepted this, it can probably be applied now.
I still would recommend tagging the knowledgeable members of Castlevania, hardly any (Especially ones that are currently staff) have been seen around here.

Okay no one has answered my points, I'm sticking with Dante on this. Nice strawman/convenient ignoring there >_> (Are my posts even going through on this)

Last edited:
this is not because of the altair match.

What chaos fight? Gaining power from an abstract does not give concept hax

Erasing/killing concepts last time I checked counts for conceptual manipulation. And chaos itself is a concept. I don’t see why we should remove the ability from drac’s pages.

death is a type 2 abstract. Erasing him does not get concept hax. Gaining power from an abstract does not give concept hax

Thank you for helping out with evaluations.

I'm no expert on Conceptual manipulation, but all I know is that similar to 1-A and above ratings, we need to be extra careful when giving it to certain profiles. But Matt appears to be okay with removing it. But stuff like "Chaos is a concept, and he can manipulate Chaos" sounds more like it's just Chaos manipulation as far as I'm aware.

Dracula already has Chaos Manip on his profile

Holds control over the Chaos opposite to God's Order

So yeah he controls and manipulates the very concept

remove type 1 abstract existance from chaos and mention of conceptual erasure in the erasure. Death is a type 2 abstract erasinh him does not require concept hax

I mean we've established that Dracula literally manipulates Chaos itself. Hell Alucard even says this as such

Alucard: "This castle is a creature of chaos." and said castle is something that Dracula controls and is a part of him

Dracula's Demon Castle is the domain of the Prince of Darkness, being the symbol of Dracula's dark magical powers and a manifestation of his chaotic will.

Last edited:
"This castle is a creature of chaos" is a very vague statement from my perspective. If I control creatures of darkness, I don't control the concept of darkness.

Having said that... the Soma vs Chaos fight has not been addressed at all. It's hard to argue with punching a concept in the face.

We're not closing this just because Matt said sure fyi. I'm an outsider to this whole thing, but a lot seems to be overlooked here.

Having said that... the Soma vs Chaos fight has not been addressed at all. It's hard to argue with punching a concept in the face.
chaos is not a type 1 abstract being called an embodiment does not automatically give type 1 abstract even type 2 covers that. Even then interacting with an abstract does not give concept hax.Its even on the concept manipulation page

It should be noted that the ability to interact with abstract entities (Type 1) directly as if they were physical objects is usually considered as non-physical interaction, and does not grant the user the ability to manipulate concepts in other contexts.

Soooooo your basically saying its hyperbole?

Also with the creature of chaos line, its used to justify the fact that Dracula's castle changes in each game. He's the literal user of Chaos itself and all creatures that exists in his castle are manifestations of his power and owe their existence to him granting it.

As Dark Lord, Dracula's will extends across all demons, and they owe their very existence to Dracula's power, being as much a part of him as Dracula's own Demon Castle.

EDIT: Soma had to defeat/kill Chaos to free himself from his fate as Dracula though iirc

Wow what a great way of overlooking the chaos thing. Soma and Dracula aren’t merely hitting Chaos. They’re literally controlling and using it for their own power, stop skipping this argument and address it now, otherwise your argument of Concept hax being removed isn’t going anywhere.

Setsuna’s claiming that concept hax should go because they don’t do concept hax and does not explain how or why.

I’m arguing than it should stay cause chaos itself is an actual being/concept in the series that Dracula and Soma Cruz have full control over. So then having conceptual manipulation via chaos itself would be legit. He has hardly addressed this part of the argument and only kept saying that erasing death does not count as concept hax, but doesn’t explain chaos beyond “he’s not a type 1 abstract” and doesn’t elaborate much on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back