• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Since this is the game version of Taskmaster I'm assuming Cassandra is way more skilled because she's had multiple years worth of stories vs the one dlc Taskmaster was in. However, Taskmaster seems to have a decent ap advantage. I think I'll vote for Cassandra as I remember the bat family usually fight people vastly stronger than themselves physically and this is dozens of comics of adventures and skill feats vs a single game (which to be fair a single game can have a crap ton of skill feats but compared to a long running comic book series it's usually going to be vastly lower).

Post Flashpoint isn't as good as Post Crisis, and the PS4 spider man is actually pretty good on his own and is now in the comic universe.

Taskmaster was in the bsae game though

Was he in the base game? I remember there being a taskmaster dlc but I guess the videos I saw just clicked baited me then because they said Taskmaster was dlc.

I know insomniac games Spider-Man is in the comics but is he completely comparable to his comic counterpart in skill? I still see Cassandra being a bit more skilled but if they're in the same ballpark I guess it depends on how Cassandra deals with people quite a bit stronger than her.

Both taskmaster fights and all the taskmaster challenges were base game, maybe you're thinking of Screwball.

Well no he's not going to directly scale to 616, given the 80 or so years of history here. He did fight Superior Spider-Ma, though do remember that Spidey wins his fights against Taskmaster (though never apprehends him) and should still be considered superior. Within his own game, he's been a hero for nearly a decade, can fight enemies he used to struggle with solo two at once while still making casual conversation, was able to briefly contend with all 6 of the sinister 6 at once before being overwhelmed, and the wholw math and prediction thing that every Spider-Man who doesn't swing instinctually has.

Wokistan said:
There's a part where spiderman talks about how he has to do a ton of math every time he swings and has to be good enough at it to do it as if it's second nature, being how he predicts where he's gonna go. He gets rather fancy with it given what he does in the game especially for screwball and taskmaster, and does it totally casually as well. Phone calls, extra stunts, and eating pizza all happen on the go. I don't think he's gonna have that much issue with predicting movement given how unbelievably good he is at math and having actual precog powers to boot.
Taskmaster can mimic him by seeing his stuff done and is a rather difficult fight, ultimately getting away on both occasions.

Post Crisis Cass? Yeah I'd definitely say she's better. Post Flashpoint idk enough about to decisively say that, though I know Batman who she scales off of was better Post Crisis.

I remember Batman has defeated Slade pretty easily (but that may have been plot convenience) and Cassandra is comparable to him. Also I remember the sinister six practically stomped Spider man when all six were together and he mainly only defeated them two at a time. Is post Flashpoint Cassandra really no where even close to post Crisis? Considering how post flashpoint has been going on for a few years I would imagine the Bat family would have plenty of skill feats. I know Taskmaster isn't a push over by any standard but I don't see him being anywhere close to the comic version, who has enough skill feats to make up like 6 paragraphs at least vs the game version who's just a hard fight for a much less skilled Spider-Man. Once again not a push over, but compared to years of comics the writers would have to have done practically nothing with the comics to make Cassandra less skilled then a character that appears for an hour or two at best.

Also I remember the sinister six practically stomped Spider man when all six were together and he mainly only defeated them two at a time.

I did say briefly, and this does come after having to suppress the mass breakout at the raft and Otto crushing his foot. 2 at a time easily is still quite an improvement, when he's remicing about how he used to struggle to even beat 1 of them in the past.

Is post Flashpoint Cassandra really no where even close to post Crisis? Considering how post flashpoint has been going on for a few years I would imagine the Bat family would have plenty of skill feats.

I don't know PF Cass specifically very well, but I do know that PC is just crazy. PF isn't bad by any means but Taskmaster does have a mimicry power and I think it was PC Cass who screwed with that sort of thing.

I know Taskmaster isn't a push over by any standard but I don't see him being anywhere close to the comic version, who has enough skill feats to make up like 6 paragraphs at least vs the game version who's just a hard fight for a much less skilled Spider-Man.

Well yeah. I was initially going to do PC Cass vs comic taskmaster but apparently the AP is an issue.

Once again not a push over, but compared to years of comics the writers would have to have done practically nothing with the comics to make Cassandra less skilled then a character that appears for an hour or two at best.

Well he does scale off of (albeit below) the character who appears the entire game, and has copying.

Idk who wins this but I know PS4 taskmaster better than post flashpoint cass.

If PS4 Taskmaster is really better at skill then that really throws out Cassandra biggest win condition (as you've mentioned post crisis would have been better but ap got in the way). I guess I'll wait to vote but I'll lean to whoever has the skill advantage because the ap difference doesn't matter to much here (both fought people with much better ap plenty of time (Taskmaster going off statements, I'm not sure if Spider man would count as slightly stronger than him or not))

Back