• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chun-Li VS Cassandra Cain (Post-Crisis)

It was a dark night in Gotham City. As was to be expected, criminal activities reared their heads in various forms. However, in the black abyss of the Gotham night, there would be shadows, and one in the shadows to strike fear in their hearts, the boogeyman that made them look over their shoulders, the Bat. Yet there were times when the Bat could not be present to fly into the night, so there would be another...

Cassandra Cain, better known by her current alter ego Batgirl was patrolling Gotham City. Bruce had prior engagements with other members of the Justice League involving an unusual threat. Dick Grayson was currently tracking down someone who had committed a series of murders in Bludhaven. The whereabouts of Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damien Wayne were also unknown. This left her handling affairs in Gotham City on her own for the time being. However, she also had something of her own she wanted to investigate. She had caught wind of the GCPD investigating what appeared to be the criminal organization Shadaloo appearing in Gotham. He hadn't heard back from Batman about the incident because he hadn't gotten much of a chance to investigated with his presence being needed elsewhere. Unbeknownst to her, however, is that someone else was looking into this.

Chun-Li, a detective at Interpol, had always been hot on the trail of Shadaloo and had played crucial roles in helping to uncover and foil previous plans. Now, she was here in Gotham after also catching wind of the possibility of Shadaloo being present in Gotham City. Walking into the GCPD building, she made her way to Commissioner Gordon and conversed with him.

"With all due respect, Detective, the Gotham City Police Department is more than capable of dealing with this threat..." He said.

"And with all due respect, Commissioner, it's not a request. This investigation is no longer in your jurisdiction..." Chun-Li answered, "I have dealt with Shadaloo before. And this city is a hotspot for metahuman criminals and masked vigilantes, all of which are things that they could potentially leverage to their advantage. I would like all the information you have on this investigation, effective immediately."

Clearly this case was more personal than Chun-Li made it out to be, but regardless, there was nothing he could do about it to intervene. Even though his hands were tied, he was aware of allies that operated on not-so-standard procedure.

Cassandra had gathered a fair amount of intel from lower-ranking Shadaloo agents she had tracked down, and it didn't take long before Chun-Li got word of a person in a bat-like outfit tracking down a vehicle and taking it down via Batarangs to the tires. The vehicle crashed, and Batgirl took down the thugs, interrogating the only one that was conscious.

Not long after the goon starts talking, Chun-Li has arrived on the scene.

"You're under arrest for interfering with an Interpol investigation..." Chun-Li said, "I don't care if you work with the GCPD or even with the Batman. This case is out of your jurisdiction."

"It's not interfering if I'm here first..." Batgirl answered, knocking out the thug and turning toward Chun-Li.

"You can either come quietly, or I can bring you in the hard way..." The detective answered.

The menacing vigilante in black said nothing, silently staring down the Interpol officer.

"Hard way it is..." Chun-Li responded, breaking the silence of the Gotham night.

FIGHT!

(Also, sorry if they don't seem in character at times, especially for Cassandra Cain. I haven't read enough comics with her to really get a grasp of her character and all.)

Chun-Li VS Cassandra Cain.

Speed is equalized.

Starting Distance: 5 meters

Both characters have some prior knowledge of the other.

Victory by K.O. or incapacitation.

Chun-Li - 0
Cassandra - 4 (SamanPatou, Veloxt1r0kore, LordTracer, BEASTHEART880)
Inconclusive - 0

Last edited:
How good are Chun Li's skills?
Just read her file

Other than that, I can say she's used to fight superhuman-ish fighters with odd fighting styles on a daily basis, either because of training, sparring and friendship, or during her crime fighting activities.
Among the people she's fought, matched and/or defeated (although she lost to some of them) there are: Ryu, Cammy, Guile, M. Bison, Nash, Juri, Urien, FANG (who's extra deadly, check his file), Balrog, Vega, Birdie, Gen, C. Viper, Rashid and maybe more.
She's also friend with Ken, Karin, Sakura, Zangief, Dhalsim and others, and, since in the SF world fighting equals to a greeting, it's very likely she's fought them at least once (aside from having entered three tournaments with them and others participating).

She's got something like more than a decade of fighting experience, and has a lot of unorthodox and handy techniques which you can check in her well-made file.

I see, I see.

DC skills scaling chain is quite long, but Barbra should roughly know a few dozen forms of combat at least. So, no idea how it would compare again chun li ig

Just read her file

Other than that, I can say she's used to fight superhuman-ish fighters with odd fighting styles on a daily basis, either because of training, sparring and friendship, or during her crime fighting activities.
Among the people she's fought, matched and/or defeated (although she lost to some of them) there are: Ryu, Cammy, Guile, M. Bison, Nash, Juri, Urien, FANG (who's extra deadly, check his file), Balrog, Vega, Birdie, Gen, C. Viper, Rashid and maybe more.
She's also friend with Ken, Karin, Sakura, Zangief, Dhalsim and others, and, since in the SF world fighting equals to a greeting, it's very likely she's fought them at least once (aside from having entered three tournaments with them and others participating).

She's got something like more than a decade of fighting experience, and has a lot of unorthodox and handy techniques which you can check in her well-made file.
I don't think I even contacted you about this thread and you still came through wtheck?

Saman, you're freaking awesome.

I mean, I skim through the new threads, it's perfectly normal for me to notice those with titles that catch my attention.

DC skills scaling chain is quite long, but Barbra should roughly know a few dozen forms of combat at least. So, no idea how it would compare again chun li ig
What's the basis of that? Because her file (which I know is badly outdated) doesn't mention anything notable in regards to martial arts.
And how used is she at fighting opponents with unorthodox fighting styles like Chun-Li? Because hers is a weird mixture of impossible acrobatics, aerial attacks, crouching attacks, projectiles and standing kicks, with a handy super forcefield that also deals damage.

Also, Barbara's peak human LS loses against Chun-Li's superhuman, and despite her not being much of a grappler, it would make difficult for Barbara to block Chun-Li's kicks without being pushed or break free from her throws, on top of it being easiero for Chun-Li to counter submissions.

Also, to what value does Batgirl scale? Pre-Crisis Bats has a bunch of 9-A+, but I couldn't get the highest accepted one from the quick glance I gave.
Currently Chun-Li scales to 0.10 tons, and can amp herself via Renkiko and Damage Boost.

Honestly AP is a mess, so no clue tbh. The AP scaling for the low tiers is just... Bad mostly. Feels like it hasn't been touched in decades lol

Also, to what value does Batgirl scale? Pre-Crisis Bats has a bunch of 9-A+, but I couldn't get the highest accepted one from the quick glance I gave.
The Post-Crisis 9-A+ characters scale to 0.24 tons.
The AP scaling for the low tiers is just... Bad mostly. Feels like it hasn't been touched in decades lol
That’s why I’m trying to fix them 😭

What's the evidence of that? I'm sure the likes of Batman and Nightwing have all kind of crazy statements like these, and I know the second Batgirl does, but what about this one, specifically? The Batfamily might share traits, but people often talk as if they were pristine clones.

Also, being good at realistical martial arts doesn't prepare you for someone like a character from Street Fighter, who pulls out all kind of techniques and maneuvers that don't exist in real life, and for which no real training can prepare you for, let alone stuff like projectiles and energy attacks.
And yeah, DC Comics ain't realistic at all, but what about this specific case? What's Batgirl's training? What kind of opponents has she fought?

On a side note, Batgirl's scaling's higher, but Chun-Li can sense chi, so she's going to perceive that Batgirl's stronger than the average opponent, and will fight accordingly, especially if she notices that Batgirl isn't used at fighting one like her (that's yet to be determined, but it would be a factor).

Batman only has statements of 127 forms, whereas someone like nightwing doesn't have a specific number but downscales from Bruce's number.

I wouldn't call that "beat someone who knew every form of martial art".

What are Barbara's own accomplishments, anyway? Her DC Database profile is very barebones (and the RT linked on our file is terrible), and a generic training from Batman without further details isn't nearly enough whatsoever to scale her to him.

I mean the biggest issue is the page is primarily using Batgirl, when she was barely in Post-Crisis and was mostly Oracle that era.

I mean the biggest issue is the page is primarily using Batgirl, when she was barely in Post-Crisis and was mostly Oracle that era.
Oh, I’m well aware of that. The lack of an Oracle key is almost as bad as Dick not having a Robin key. But I could probably crank out a quick revision for her Batgirl key since it’s only like two years worth of stories.

Good timing, considering that SxF will get upgraded to 9-A, we can make SF vs SxF matches in the future

Beside that....an oof match lel
If only the rest of verse supporters cared for them aside from "muh tier 1" 🗿
They only care fore stupidness brokeness OPness characters

Good timing, considering that SxF will get upgraded to 9-A, we can make SF vs SxF matches in the future
My eyes had read Street Fighter X F, and my brain suffered from a short circuit in a desperate struggle to understand what that F stood for, since it was neither the T for Tekken not anything familiar.
(Then I realized it was Spy x Family)

My eyes had read Street Fighter X F, and my brain suffered from a short circuit in a desperate struggle to understand what that F stood for, since it was neither the T for Tekken not anything familiar.
(Then I realized it was Spy x Family)
images

Hmm, should I switch it to Catwoman? I'd have to redo the story section up top, but it's all good.

Welp, I guess I should let sleeping dogs lie with this one. No point in trying to use those characters if their pages are garbage.

Hmmm, speaking of Sleeping Dogs...

Either way, I need to pick one, hunker down, and make necessary changes to the story section of the thread. I worked too hard on that for it to not be included here!

Back