• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Carnage vs Lucy - Death Battle version

Beating someone faster than you does not make you equally as fast or faster. The Hulk has tagged characters faster than him and often times it can be a matter of just needing one good hit. Clamp down from extremes and you can see why my first sentence is true.

More importantly, having a MHS+ reaction speed does not mean having MHS+ movement speed.

Samurai Jack can dodge sunlight at 68.9% SoL, but still can only "jump good" (average sprinting speed of 28 m s^-1) and cannot move at 68.9% SoL.

1: I don't think carnage actually landed any melee hits in the animation. Not to mention it would be hard with Lucy's vectors.

2: Carnage is shown and outright stated to be superior to Spider Man and Venom several times.

Meanwhile, if we take the low-end movement/action speed of Carnage to be "only minimum" Mach 2 = 686 m s-1 (as stated by SA)

Spider-Ma's maximum movement speed is calculated (source) to be 2 miles / 5 s ~= Mach 1.88, which translates to... 644 m s-1

Carnage is still faster than Spider-Man in this sense.

While I boldly stack that Carnage's movement speed is equal to the sum of Spider-Man and Venom, that translates to... 1330 m s-1. Mach 3.88. Clearly faster than non-Melting Lucy's movement & reaction speed. Still much slower than Melting Lucy's god damn Mach 578.

Rune Katashima said:
Beating someone faster than you does not make you equally as fast or faster. The Hulk has tagged characters faster than him and often times it can be a matter of just needing one good hit. Clamp down from extremes and you can see why my first sentence is true.
The hulk is an entirely different subject, carnage literally kept pace with both this guys on multple occasions.

Huesito88 said:
And Lucy only has superhuman travel speed
Yes (before melting)

The Smashor said:
Of course, the vectors makes this more or less moot.
But on occasions the vetors did help on moving Lucy's human body. There will be a discount in moving speed of the Lucy's human body, but should still be taken into factor of account.

Like I said before, Carnage can kill Lucy before Lucy goes melting mode. But SA only looks at Lucy at Melting Lucy, which ridiculously boosts her stats superior to Carnage in strength and speed and range except no boost in durability (but screw durability when Carnage cannot land a hit before being intercepted by more and faster vectors at a long and safe distance).

Once her defense strategies were running well, what matters to Melting Lucy by then would be how to eliminate Carnage's biomass supply, grab his body parts altogether from respawning elsewhere, and incapacitate them as soon as possible before her stamina went down and her body melts. Good luck Carnage can wait for that day.

And as SA suggests, it would be much easier for Lucy to think of a way to truly incapacitate all cells of Carnage than for Carnage to land a single melee hit on Lucy.

Sorry to interrup but since the battle was already done (Both in SA and here) should not we move to Optimus Prime Vs that Gundam?

Not even after

"Superhuman with Hypersonic reactions"

"grab his body parts altogether, and incapacitate"

That's not happening

Newendigo said:
Sorry to interrup but since the battle was already done (Both in SA and here) should not we move to Optimus Prime Vs that Gundam?
This thread is for discussing the topic as stated above.

For the Optimus Prime vs Gundam one, get over here~

Beamgc said:
Standuser081 said:
But in the fight, SA never used her melting form, ir else we would have seen her melt.
Idk. Maybe Because she woud melt after a time fighting?
Even if she activates her melting form, she only melts if she overtaxes her super powers. In anime, if she overtaxes her powers (not much to overtax compared to manga btw), she fainted only. One giant vector explosion punch in ~30 seconds would not overtax her and obviously her body would not melt into a puddle of minced meat and blood that easily. (Dunno if 50 of such punches would do.)

However, by that time she can reach the vectors into the outer space (reaching 3966 km at Mach 578) she was shown to be half molten and it is shown that she was in her melting form for a while. (Well in her half-molten state - I call her "half-molten Lucy" here - she can fend off a squad of soldiers and heal woulds for Kouta. This is stated by SA.) In her other states her vectors are moving at Mach 2.47, barely above Venom's movement speed and Carnage's low-end movement speed and slower than our calculated movement speed of Carnage clocked at minimum Mach 3.88 (not taking account into projectiles attack speed).

(If the term "Melting Lucy" is confusing everyone here, why don't we think of other terms to coin her different states at the end of manga story?)

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Rune Katashima said:
The hulk is an entirely different subject, carnage literally kept pace with both this guys on multple occasions.
Do you have poor reading comprehension? I am stating that beating someone faster than you does not, in and of itself, make you as fast or faster than them.

Rune Katashima said:
Do you have poor reading comprehension? I am stating that beating someone faster than you does not, in and of itself, make you as fast or faster than them.
Well, it takes something else to determine whether one character's speed is tagged to another character's speed.

Say, Wonder Woman fights against Superman from time to time and once defeated Reverse Flash. Does she tag to Superman's and Flash's speed? Maybe reaction speed. But by how much?

Another example: Jack and Afro dodges light, do they travel at relativistic speed or they have relativistic reactions only?

Rune Katashima said:
Rune Katashima said:
You know, you could've made your point without using an implied insult........ but whatever. And how's that not the case? In order to fight against someone in hxh and on equal ground you have to have either equal or greater speed than them.

Rune+ When Carnage is constantly able to keep up with both Venom and Spidy and he shows many times to be superior to them, say that he shouldn't scale at all is outright downplay.

Anyway, as an ordinary member, if I want to revise the contents for Carnage and Lucy, should I start a CRT thread, or write a blog to hold my things up then start a CRT for each character? Some good calculations I wish to add for each.

Huesito88 said:
What do you want to add for Carnage?
Say, update his movement speed with combat and reaction speed (which you have already suggested elsewhere)

And what about some calibers for Lucy? Do I follow the same steps and... Do a blog for calibrating calculations then a content revision thread for updating the data?

"Do a blog for calibrating calculations then a content revision thread for updating the data"

Yep that seems fine

Rune Katashima said:
Rune Katashima said:
You know, you could've made your point without using an implied insult........ but whatever. And how's that not the case? In order to fight against someone in hxh and on equal ground you have to have either equal or greater speed than them.
You're right. Immediately after making the post I was sorry I said that. My bad.

Newindigo. He is superior but for many reasons. If you're superior in 9/10 categories you really don't need to have that 10th category to consistently win. That said, I don't think he's slow or even much slower than them, comparable even. Just not explicitly faster.

Many times in comics characters that are shown to be consistently slower than the enemy they are dueling can still tag them. Many situations arise where a character can't use their full speed or they just got close and many times in close proximity speed either doesn't matter or they're just fast enough.

You might consider this a silly example but when I played Hockey I was consistently faster than everyone else on the rink, but it didn't stop me from being tagged quite a bit.

Back