• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's in a Death Battle Cast 'preview'? One's own ideas.

Inspired by this animation from Twitter:

Basically (and assuming I haven't done this before), name an idea for a Death Battle, and how the scenario for the first 40s-1m or so would play out (basically, as the title suggests, what you would put in a Death Battle Cast preview for a new episode). BONUS POINTS: Include VAs you would use, either from what DBa has available, if you'd reprise official VAs, or someone else.

I'll start:

Glimmer_vs_Maki_Nishikino.png

VAs:
Glimmer - EITHER Georgina Sadler (Reprisal) OR
Kira Buckland (Show Staff, apparently)
Maki - EITHER Catlin Glass (Reprisal) OR
Danielle McRae (Known in DBa for Lucy)
R (past) - idek, could be Joycelyn for all I care.

Place:
Amphitheatre (in Origin) OR Otonokizaka Gym / Hall (either works)
Art style: 2D / Sprites, with sparing Hand-drawn elements.

SCENARIO:
[Maki is playing a piano mix / rendition of Aishiteru Banzai! (again, either location) to an undefined amount of Otonokizaka students. Meanwhile, Glimmer is about to walk onstage from the left, Kithara not yet brandished, when an intermission comes up in her Iris]

R:
"Glimmer dear, I don't think this is the best way to spend your time."

Glimmer: "And I don't recall Moebius giving us paid leave before now, Madam Consul. I'll be back after training."

R: "You little! You are not normally this inso-" [comms cut off, on a count of Maki's playing beginning to slow (whether that's at the end of the song, or on a count of Maki noticing Glimmer backstage is TBD)]

Maki [Turning to Glimmer]:
"And you are?"

Glimmer: "Let's just say, a new sparring partner. Let's hope you'll make this fun..."

Maki: "Oh, likewise. I was getting sick of people back-seating my performances."
(Someone like her seems far too eager... reminds me of days past...)

[Fight/Attacks start here]

Aight so I’m not very creative, but I’ll shoot my shot:
Venom Snake vs Garcian Smith
venom_snake_vs_garcian_smith_by_joshdoshmosh_dg2f2q1-350t.jpg

Basically the fight starts out on Mother Base, Venom Snake is trying to fight off the infestation of Heaven Smile that’s on the base. Then you hear through Venom’s earpiece Kaz saying something like “what are these things? Are they with Cipher?” And then you hear the MGSV focus sound and Ocelot yell “Boss, get down!”. A sniper round is fired at him and it pull out to show Kaede who then switches to Dan.

That’s all I got for an intro idea so far

Aight so I’m not very creative, but I’ll shoot my shot:
Venom Snake vs Garcian Smith
venom_snake_vs_garcian_smith_by_joshdoshmosh_dg2f2q1-350t.jpg

Basically the fight starts out on Mother Base, Venom Snake is trying to fight off the infestation of Heaven Smile that’s on the base. Then you hear through Venom’s earpiece Kaz saying something like “what are these things? Are they with Cipher?” And then you hear the MGSV focus sound and Ocelot yell “Boss, get down!”. A sniper round is fired at him and it pull out to show Kaede who then switches to Dan.

That’s all I got for an intro idea so far

"Shoot my shot" was an intentional pun, wasn't it?

Inspired by this animation from Twitter:

Basically (and assuming I haven't done this before), name an idea for a Death Battle, and how the scenario for the first 40s-1m or so would play out (basically, as the title suggests, what you would put in a Death Battle Cast preview for a new episode). BONUS POINTS: Include VAs you would use, either from what DBa has available, if you'd reprise official VAs, or someone else.

I'll start:

Glimmer_vs_Maki_Nishikino.png

VAs:
Glimmer - EITHER Georgina Sadler (Reprisal) OR
Kira Buckland (Show Staff, apparently)
Maki - EITHER Catlin Glass (Reprisal) OR
Danielle McRae (Known in DBa for Lucy)
R (past) - idek, could be Joycelyn for all I care.

Place:
Amphitheatre (in Origin) OR Otonokizaka Gym / Hall (either works)
Art style: 2D / Sprites, with sparing Hand-drawn elements.

SCENARIO:
[Maki is playing a piano mix / rendition of Aishiteru Banzai! (again, either location) to an undefined amount of Otonokizaka students. Meanwhile, Glimmer is about to walk onstage from the left, Kithara not yet brandished, when an intermission comes up in her Iris]

R:
"Glimmer dear, I don't think this is the best way to spend your time."

Glimmer: "And I don't recall Moebius giving us paid leave before now, Madam Consul. I'll be back after training."

R: "You little! You are not normally this inso-" [comms cut off, on a count of Maki's playing beginning to slow (whether that's at the end of the song, or on a count of Maki noticing Glimmer backstage is TBD)]

Maki [Turning to Glimmer]:
"And you are?"

Glimmer: "Let's just say, a new sparring partner. Let's hope you'll make this fun..."

Maki: "Oh, likewise. I was getting sick of people back-seating my performances."
(Someone like her seems far too eager... reminds me of days past...)

[Fight/Attacks start here]

Actually, for R, I'm thinking of Caitlyn Elizabeth? The voice of DBa Sindel?
What do we think?

Duke Nukem vs Postal Dude
image.png

Animation style: 3D
Both are gonna be voiced by Gianni Matragrano
Setup can really be anything because Postal Dude can kill everyone for no reason but the funniest one I think would be Postal Dude wanting to get an autograph from Duke (A reference to one of the tasks in Postal 2) and when Duke prepares to sign it, he hits Duke with a shovel, revealing that he was actually lying and now he's gonna beat Duke's ass for DNF to wich Duke responds "Well hey, at least it's better than your third game", which pisses of Dude and the fight starts

Duke Nukem vs Postal Dude
image.png

Animation style: 3D
Both are gonna be voiced by Gianni Matragrano
Setup can really be anything because Postal Dude can kill everyone for no reason but the funniest one I think would be Postal Dude wanting to get an autograph from Duke (A reference to one of the tasks in Postal 2) and when Duke prepares to sign it, he hits Duke with a shovel, revealing that he was actually lying and now he's gonna beat Duke's ass for DNF to wich Duke responds "Well hey, at least it's better than your third game", which pisses of Dude and the fight starts

So basically, one giant 4th wall break? I could probably see it.

Also, who is Gianni in relation to the 'THAT'S A LOTTA WORDS' meme guy? Would that also work?

Ah, right.

Also looking at Postal Dude, I don't think he sounds quite like Gianni to me.
Postal Dude has a voice that changes pretty much from game to game, the Dude in the third game sounds a bit like Gianni and I think he does a good job at voicing him (Also, Gianni voicing both of them is a reference to the fact that in Postal 4 Dude was voiced by Jon St. John, Duke's voice actor, so I think it'd be funny if in the vid they're both voiced by the same guy)

Bumping this by saying that apparently Kira Buckland already does Umi in the English dub of SIP... so that was a lovely little accident

Back