• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was before mercer and carnage got revisions, back when alex had low high and biomass dependent regen, I don't really know where carnage sits currently I heard he got some big upgrades so ill wait for further input.

Allright Im gonna give my thoughts from what I read on the profiles note not an expert on carnage so this could be entirely wrong. Im solely going off what I could gleam from the profiles.

Alex has a stamina advatage currently. Alex will go for absorbtion before carnage attempts possesion or absorbtion. carnages absorbtion seems to only work on whoever he is currently wrapped around. I.e. Cletus, and his mental manip while powerful requires contact and again doesn't seem to be his first move.

Without prior knowledge carnage is liable to attempt to get into a slug match with mercer, a slug match he can't win. And while possesing cletus his regen is only mid, giving alex the regen advatage, and the nature of carnages absorbtion doesn't seem like it will help him here as he's connected to cletus. Carnage should resist infection based on his profile.

For the moment I think alex absorbs before carnage can use his win cons. Though honestly this is based off what I could get from the profile so I could be wrong. Aplogies if that is the case!

And it will I was simply stating what I thought based on the profile. If thats the case they should probably explain killing cletus does not incapacitate the symbiote cause as it currently reads it is confusing.

Hmm Im not sure how much changes then again Im not sure if we would assume alex absorbtion can bypass high regen, its largest showing is bypassing mid high. Though if we assume mercer can't consume carnage we're left with a stomp as absorbtion and infection are alex only win cons. Carnage seems liable to resist infection.

So can alex bypass high regen with absorbtion cause thats going to be the deciding factor here. If yes then alex is laible to win as he's going for absorbtion from the start, if no then this is a stomp as alex won't be able to win.

Then again what if alex starts absorbing before killing cletus? His first move is liable to be rushing carnage after the gas fails and trying to absorb him. He's not liable to kill cletus before the symbiote....

(Off topic but alex with the symbiote would be cool looking...Then again it would also be the most pointless symbiote partnership I could imagine...)

The pen or the sword said:
Then again what if alex starts absorbing before killing cletus? His first move is liable to be rushing carnage after the gas fails and trying to absorb him. He's not liable to kill cletus before the symbiote....
(Off topic but alex with the symbiote would be cool looking...Then again it would also be the most pointless symbiote partnership I could imagine...)
Highest showing is bypassing mid high so im not sure how we would treat it. As stated above this is the deciding factor.

Also wouldn't alex absorbing parts of cletus result in him stealing the symbiotes dna? From the profile cletus is bonded to the symbiote at the atomic level, with cletus the regen is mid, absorbing cletus out of the symbiote is liable to result in mercer gaining some of the symbiotes genetics?

In the end Im leaning on mercer due to his first in character moves being absorbtion after infection fails. The fact he's not liable to kill cletus before the symbiote seems like it will help him here. I could be wrong though thats simply my current interpretation.

Honestly Carnage first move will be some range projectle spikes that dissolve after hitting the target that Mercer will Regen from.

Alex responds by rushing to absorb, so that doesn't really change my current stance...

edit Although Now Im stuck imagining mercer spiking the ground in retaliation... Them stopping to glare at one another, and carnage whispering under his breath "Rip off..."

From my understanding The problem with carnage mind hax is two fold, one its not a move he uses right away and two it requires contact with mercer to work. Without prior knowledge carnage is liable to get into a slug fest with mercer after his projectiles fail and from there...Well...Read my above post.

Honestly they might just fuse into one being and then reck havoc. (Carnage Symbiote also can consume others to become part of him and make him bigger.)

How so? Carnage win con is to seperate from cletus and posses mercer, after seperating from cletus alex may not be able to bypass the high regen carnage has when not sustaining cletus(Maybe I kinda need to know the ruling on that). The problem is carnage isn't seperating from cletus until cletus is dead at which point alex has already consumed them. It's not a stomp, it's a matter of carnages in character behavior and lack of caution screwing him.

Honestly carnage fusing with mercer would be the most useless combination I could think of...I guess carnage would gain limitless stamina and mercer be able to mind hax without infection? Though carnage still has to touch others to mind hax so it kinda makes the ability not useful to mercer...

Yeah it would be incon.

How so Alex absorbtion may be able to bypass carnages regen (It's highest showing is bypassing mid high while carnge has high, so Im not sure how we work with that. Does carnage have any feats of resisting absorbtion?) and it can definitly bypass it before cletus death. carnage doesn't automtically mind hax on touch, its something he has to concioussly do, its also something he wont do early on due to his insane/sadistic nature. Where as alex will be attempting absorbtion from the start.

Wait what is carnages best mind control feat?
It's called Marvel Mind hax meaning it's too potent. It worked on Silver Surfer who does have resistance just look at his feats listed in his profile at the bottom.

Carnage symbiote is still has that regen even when bonded to Cletus the host himself has mid regen, the symbiote can activity move itself at such size.

Possessing the Silver Surfer.

Yeah, I kind of think it would be in-character for them to fuse (not that they're willing, but they're more likely to merge).

Did he mindhax the surfer before he bonded to him? Still he should be able to bypass mercers resistance with that.

I see that carnage can change his size down to that of a molecule its good mercer has molecular control of his body/blacklight. Not sure it matters just saying not sure size manip helps carnage here.

Yeah but cletus doesn't and cletus has symbiote dna bonded to him at the atomic level. What stops mercer from consuming cletus and copying the symbiote? Also im confused by how carnage absorbtion works (Can become one with every atom of a person that he bonds with)

Edit isn't that just part of his possession?

Possession is just something natural the Symbiote does when bonding.

The fact that he needs to separate them first is what stops Alex from doing so.

Except cletus with the symbiote bonded to him has only mid regen, how is the symbiote going to seperate before alex has consumed cletus out of the symbiote? Still Im going to ask some staff to clarify the stance on molecular level absrobtion against high regen. Since that seems like it will decide if this is a stomp.

welp it appears this is likly a stomp/incon If we assume the symbiote just absorbs/melds with mercer. After speaking with a member of the staff Mercers absorbtion will work but it's likly to leave a few atoms of carnage behind thus carnage will simply regen.... Hmm I wonder what death thinks of this match...

welp it appears this is likly a stomp/incon If we assume the symbiote just absorbs/melds with mercer. After speaking with a member of the staff Mercers absorbtion will work but it's likly to leave a few atoms of carnage behind thus carnage will simply regen.... Hmm I wonder what death thinks of this match...
I mean, Carnage can regen from the absorption, but that doesn't change the fact that Carnage is a symbiote. And the abilities of symbiotes tends to come from their biology. That means that even if Carnage survive (which seems likely), Mercer's Power Absorption could allow him to gain Carnage's powers through the symbiote's DNA/genes/biology that is left over.

I still don't know how good Carnage's Mind Manipulation is though, since I don't even know how exactly potent Silver Surfer's Mindhax is (is it resistance to planetary scale mind-hax? Galactic? Etc.) aside from having ridiculously over-the-top feats due to being a cosmic comic character.

Either way, this match doesn't seem fair like it once was as it could just result in a stomp.

And with that im pretty sure this is a stomp.

Death carnage injects a spike of symbiote into the targets mind and controls them from there/drives them insane with his thoughts.

Maybe alex and the symbiote meld....im still left to wonder if theres a more useless symbiote host then mercer though. The symbiotes gains limitless stamina and alex gains....nothing, the mind hax are really only useful for the symbiote bonding with others and if alex is in range to spike mind manip someone with the symbiote he'd probably just infect, evolve or absorb and get similar results..

Schnee as alex lacks win cons from what I can tell please nuke this at your conveince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back