• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Medicore 8/10 movie, that didn't live up to expectations. Lord Fiege has alot of convincing that Carol is the strongest, in endgame.

This would've been a great phase 1 movie. It isn't phase 1 so it's not.

Carol is island level max, with lightspeed flying, but not combat.

The movie is carried by its supporting cast, and I just shrug at Brie.

The only aspect that will make me laugh at this movie will probably be it's box office returns, but I'll have to wait till the end of opening week to laugh manically at that.

HierophantDeluxe said:
In terms of an actual movie review? It was alright, pretty good I'd say and at least a 7/10. Most people here are honestly just playing into the drama and feminism or whatever and I think that's triggering their negativity bias.
+ Brie does an awesome job of playing Carol Danvers, sarcastic and witty but also in a way where you can sense that she knows she's more important than you. This sounds bad but when you throw Nick Fury into the mix, a guy who's just as witty and who uses information as his power (which is comedic at times, considering his tech is limited due to the time era which forces him to make up for it in the creativity department), I think it ends up turning out nicely, they make a good duo.

+ It's more of a spy film for a good majority of it. Considering the nature of the Skrull it's inevitable. This is a good thing though, Captain America: Winter Soldier was a spy film too and it ended up being fantastic. The movie finds a nice balance between superheroes being superheroes and superheroes being human.

+ It's funny like most Marvel movies, contrasted with its seriousness and scenarios as per usual and it's very enjoyable.

- I was confused, especially at the start of the movie. Lots of scenes I needed to think about and make sense of in my head.

- Fighting scenes were eh, they were alright and standard but lacked creativity like in Ironman 3 or Antman and Wasp.
Basically my take on it.

@DMUA

There's a difference between feminism and neo-feminism (a.k.a Third Wave feminism).

Feminism = Women should be able to work the same jobs as men, be able to vote, serve in the military, etc.

Under this definition, I am a feminist. Hell, I'm sure anyone who isn't sexist is.

Neo-Feminism = Women should rule over men, own men, debase men, denigrate men, be independent (meaning don't get married, at least not to a man), absolutely strive to NOT be a housewife, and I won't even mention the other things because it's waaay to controversial.

Under this definition, I am not a feminist, and no one with a functioning brain would classy as one either.

If anything she'll be 5A by endgame, i could see her photon blasts equaling or even overpowering infinity stone beams amd move moons

I dunno. If she doesn't time travel and fight a prime Thanos she may not scale. Since according to WoG Thanos and the IG were extremely damaged from the snap. So scaling to a modern Thanos will likely be worse than a prime one.

Qawsedf234 said:
I dunno. If she doesn't time travel and fight a prime Thanos she may not scale. Since according to WoG Thanos and the IG were extremely damaged from the snap. So scaling to a modern Thanos will likely be worse than a prime one.
Well, even though Thanos is extremely weakened currently, I doubt he is so weak to the point that he is inferior to himself with only a one Infinite Gem

TISSG7Redgrave said:
What i want to use my money for today instead of watching that movie? Get DMC V But no console GG
I just bought that game. It's currently downloading :p

Yeah if he's owned by universal then like the Hulk, he can only be used in teamup movies unless universal wants to work with marvel again.

No, the Kree and Skrull are in the 9-C range. Humans on the bigger side like Nick Fury can contest them for a surprising amount of time, but eventually they get tossed to the side.

Considering the gap difference for 9-C is 50x, it's not weird to really see Kree and Skrull alike having members that can oneshot the other fodder whilst still maintaining 9-C.

So we really gonna make this page, while I'm still waiting for Ghostbusters 2016 files to appear.

For suppressed power Captain Marvel, I believe she bent a metal bar to keep a door shut at the Project Pegasus facility. There was also her crash landing on Earth when escaping the Skrull ship. Her durability should also scale to feats from others such as Yon-Rogg surviving getting blasted back a considerable distance into a rocky hill and a Skrull quickly getting back up after being zapped by a train line. Not sure if any of those feats are 9-B or just 9-C, but they could be good supporting feats at least. Suppressed power Captain Marvel's photon blasts destroyed part of a rooftop, blew out a small section of the Skrull ship, and blasted through a floor. That should be somewhere in the 9-B to 9-A range.

Just saw it, I think it was pretty good, seriously. At the same time I avoided to see any promotions hyping her up.

..also.

Yeah. Its not a bad movie like that Sherlock Holmes movie with Will Ferrell. Its just a typical MCU movie with a female lead this time.

Just got done viewing Captain Marvel. As someone who immerses myself in leftist content, I found the film fairly lacking considering the conversation around it. I might even call it disappointing in that department.

There's really just one scene where Captain Marvel stands up as a "feminist icon", and it's a scene where a biker heckles her, catcalling her and telling her to "smile more" before leaving in annoyance as she doesn't respond to his advances. She doesn't attack him, she doesn't even respond to him. The only retribution that the man gets is that she steals his bike to drive somewhere. And... that's it. That's the big feminist moment in the film.

Actually, most of the social commentary in the film is just very surface level, not at all meaningful, "Hollywood liberal" dialogue. A particular aspect of the film that really jutted itself out as "Hollywood liberalism" was that the Skrull serve as very bad analogies for refugees and illegal immigrants, but despite the film's seeming support for marginalized groups like them, there's also very in-your-face support for the US Air Force. The United States military, of course, being well known and revered for their overwhelming support of minorities and definitely-not-at-all imperialistic campaigns in the Middle East that totally didn't lead to the refugee crisis to begin with.

But aside from that, the film was a fairly solid 8/10. It definitely isn't the worst film in the MCU. Anyone saying that has clearly never seen Ant Man 2. The Skrulls and Fury both had genuinely funny moments in the film (though Larson always fell flat on her joke delivery), and some moments of the movie actually made me feel tense. It definitely isn't an Infinity War, but I don't think people were expecting that anyways.

As far as power goes, Captain Marvel's physical strength and energy projection can be debated in reference to the Hulk and Thor all day, but that she is overall the most powerful hero is undeniable. Her ending battle in the film has her single-handedly destroy a Kree armada in what is essentially a faster and more casual repeat of what Thor did against Thanos' dropships in Infinity War. After Carol achieves her full power absolutely nothing in the film threatens her, and the rest of her feats are performed very casually.

Speed wise, her blasts were said to be photon based, and nothing contradicts that in the film to my recall. Two characters do dodge the blasts, though they were likely just dodging the trajectory of Carol's fist instead of the beam as they fail to avoid the same blasts at other points in the film. As far as travel is concerned, there is a scene featuring her travelling next to a Skrull ship moving faster than light. However, she flies into the same "hyperspace hexagon" the ship uses as well, so this seems to be just a function of hyperspace instead of her own powers. The ending of the film, where she travels back to Earth after receiving Fury's call, is absolutely faster than light, however. Previous dialogue says that Fury's communication device has a range of over two galaxies(!), and she returns to Earth just weeks after Thanos' snap. If the timeframe between Infinity War and Endgame has been confirmed somewhere this could be used to establish an upper bound to her flight ability.

Concering the Skrulls themselves, they are very inconsistent. Some members die to car crashes and don't seem to be comparable to even Captain America in strength. Other members are strong enough to tank hits from an early Captain Marvel with ease, the same Captain Marvel who was strong enough to ragdoll Skrulls with her strikes. It would seem that average Skrulls aren't much stronger than an athletic human, while "peak" Skrulls should be strong enough to defeat Captain America with an arm tied behind their back.

If anyone has questions, I'd be happy to answer. Though they should come sooner rather than later, before my memory begins to fade.

Eficiente said:
Just saw it, I think it was pretty good, seriously. At the same time I avoided to see any promotions hyping her up.

..also.
Good catch. I liked the movie a lot, honestly. The only thing that really disappointed me was that it wasn't what I was expecting. All the negative reviews I read kept talking about how the movie wasn't really "about" Carol (which it isn't), and I was hoping for a Winter Soldier-esque "stand for what you believe in" type plot, except from the inside this time. That being said, I was satisfied with what we got. It's a fun romp, the twists were neat, the action was exciting, and Carol was a likable protagonist (although, to be fair, I'm not sure she can really hold her own as a lead; being surrounded by guys like Fury and Maria helped).

What is wrong with them? They are just sockpuppeting and copy+pasting the same thing to damage the reputation of Captain Marvel.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Nah man the early Thors were clearly the worst.

Antman 2 is a gem :
Ehh... Norton's Incredible Hulk still gets my bottom pick just for the lack of entertainment value. Thor 2 was pretty forgettable, but the score and pretty decent effects (not to mention our boy Loki) still make it a popcorn flick for me. Thor 1 however was a lot of wasted potential... but I guess the universe had to expand somehow.

Incredible Hulk Movie? What are you talking about? We never had a movie with Mike Ruffalo. What are you talking about? No such things exists.

Though I don't count that as MCU, I actually banned that from my mind... Now that's a contender lol. And yeah I personally had fun with Thor 1 but never watched Dark World. Thor 1 at least made me enjoy it I think but that was back then.

Ciruno Fortes said:
I... I am more confused on why they're complimenting it while thumbing it down. Unless this is a dislike/like bot gone wrong
Maybe they complimented it first, then show the movie's flaws and mistakes and why they disliked it.

@Use

I just rechecked. All the same thing. All the same size. I countd them. 14..

There's like a batch of em. Some with the thumbs down, most with none of them. I swear if these are like bots.... I swear.

Back