• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Revan_Laha/Brie_Larson_enters_the_upper_atmosphere

Mach 112 flight speed. Will scale to her reactions as she didn't crash and changed direction.

PicsArt 06-24-01.10.06
She flew to this altitude in about a minute which seems to be mid-orbit (2500 km). The curvature is so accurate.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111331200/6834851-0627246961-68326.gif

In this very same scene Carol dodges a Kree fighter blast at close range. Which means she can dodge very well while flying.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111331200/6835042-4512455688-ezgif.gif

The same shot in slow motion to show how close she was to the blast when she turned and dodged it.

Her flight movements are the best in live action.

We gave Iron Man High Hypersonic combat and reactions based on the fact he can fly at Mach 46.8 in one scene and dodge stuff while flying in others.

Not only can she dodge but also stop, turn and attack

https://www.tumblr.com/search/big 'f*ck off or get obliterated' energy

She was able to reckon Thanos' planet in minutes. If her perception isn't near to her flight she wouldn't be able to see anything

Even our page rules state that logically high flight speed should be equal to perception.

There are many characters who have their combat speed scaled from flight speed

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Iron Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Superman (Injustice Composite)

Superman (DC Extended Universe)

This will scale to MCU High 6-Bs

Reposting my issues with the feat here:

"Upper Atmosphere" doesn't indicate the thermosphere; it could legit be any point above the Troposphere.

The term even includes the Troposphere here, and it's unofficially coined as 'above the troposphere' here.

Could you link a more complete video so I can get more context on that?

And that doesn't make much sense regardless; if she had already decelerated at that point, why would her turning indicate anything of reactions?

"She can react fast enough to slow herself down before she collides with an object."

That doesn't really say much about her reactions, unless she slowed down stupid close to the object. She clearly wasn't moving at MHS speeds when she colided

Revan Laha said:
No where on that link is it stated that the thermosphere constitutes the upper atmosphere. I read.

It's part of the upper atmosphere, as is every other layer of the atmosphere.

Revan Laha said:
And she didn't seem moving at MHS speedster while colliding because that's the cinematics. Her momentum didn't slow down after busting the ship. She was only a few hundred metres, maybe less above the ground when she slowed.
Right. So she's appearing to move slowly "because it's the cinematics" yet the feat is also valid because "her momentum didn't slow"? I get cinematic time, I honestly doubt it applies here.

She has frequently dodged stuff while flying. Like in the Captain Marvel movie she flew from cloud level to probably thousands of kilometers above in less than a minute and was very well dodging plasma shots while flying.

Kyle Hill from Because Science and the Batman v Superman guidebook state that if the movement speed isn't equal to the perception the user would just crash

What do you think Dargoo?

Here's Iron Man's speed dating: High Hypersonic combat, reactions, flight and attack speed (Can travel at mach 46.8. Can react to attacks mid-flight and attack others mid-flight. His reactions should be comparable to his flight speed. Can also cross continental distances in minutes)

In the similar way Captain Marvel's speed dating can be: Massively Hypersonic flight speed, combat speed and reactions (Flew from upper atmosphere to surface in a matter of seconds. Flew from cloud level to space in less than a minute. Can dodge attacks mid-flight and change directions almost instantly. Caught the Kree missiles which were quickly reached Earth from outside the atmosphere in a few seconds)

MHS reactions look fine (and honestly this MHS is quite close to baseline)

And unless it is clearly shown she has used some hyperdrive or portals or instant teleport skills we should allow a high travel speed scale to the combat/reaction speed

She goes to this height in 30 seconds (that scene doesn't have amy Cutscene

PicsArt 06-25-08.05.39
Overlapping with a known satellite it seems more than 2500 km away. M3X also found out to the 2500 km almost

I thought that we no longer used orbital shots for distances. Or does that only apply to non-live action mediums?

As for the calc I'm better with this one than the other one which used the exosphere, but it still has the following issue

Upper atmosphere is considered from thermosphere, which is 700 km above.

The Thermosphere ends 600 kilometers above the Earth, as stated in the following sites: NASA 2, Wikipedia. What the calc references is something called the Thermopause which is the barrier region between the Thermosphere and the Exosphere.

So basically the calc should include the following ends

• If they meant the K├írm├ín line then she would've entered the atmosphere at 100 kilometers
  • The lowest the Thermopause can be at 500 kilometers
  • The upper Thermosphere is 600 kilometers
  • The upper area of the Thermopause is 1,000 kilometers
Which would get a result of: Mach 16.2, Mach 80.98, Mach 97.18, and Mach 161.96.

Personally I think the best used one is the Mach 80 or Mach 97 figure. But I'm against the Mach 112 one.

@Zark

Okay. Thanks. You can ask Matthew as well, if you wish.

Revan Laha said:
And Im sorry, Wikipedia stated it to be 700 km
Wikipedia says 600 km. The link you used in the calc was of the Thermopause, which is why it has a range of 500 to 1,000 km.

At least High Hypersonic+, likely Massively Hypersonic works for the High 6-B people imo.

Revan Laha said:
She has frequently dodged stuff while flying. Like in the Captain Marvel movie she flew from cloud level to probably thousands of kilometers above in less than a minute and was very well dodging plasma shots while flying.
Kyle Hill from Because Science and the Batman v Superman guidebook state that if the movement speed isn't equal to the perception the user would just crash
We don't even see above the clouds when the shots are fired, so we don't know if she's dodging them or just tanking them, and given her character and previous encounters with ranged artillery, the latter is far more likely.

When she's visible, she's obviously going slower than she was originally traveling, and there's no indication from anything relative to her that she's maintaining the high speed you calculated. I again state that she seems to have slowed down significantly as she came out of the clouds.

You're talking about for short-burst combat and travelling on terrain where you logically need to avoid large obstructions, not flying through thin air. If she's just going from point A (The Upper atmosphere) to point B (the cloudline), she could easily anticipate when she needs to slow down if she has any concept of how fast she moves.

I'm firmly against applying this feat to reactions and combat speed.

She was able to reckon Thanos' planet in minutes. If her perception isn't near to her flight she wouldn't be able to see anything

Back