• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Either edit these into one larger comment or wait to find everything first. At this point it's just spam.

It seems like Dargoo is against applying this to combat speed.

Yes, that is true. More input from administrators and discussion moderators would be appreciated.

I literally haven't seen the film so I can't speak specifically on context (waow what a shocker) but I will say we generally give combat and reactions speed when not otherwise contradicted. Based on Dargoo's comments largely dealing with said context I don't have, I can't confirm or deny if they are accurate. But by default I'd accept this if it is decided that no contradictions are made.

Okay. Thank you for the input.

There isn't any contradiction made.

Here's another. Carol casually reckons Thanos' new home Titan II.

It has the same gravity and climate as Earth based on what's shown in the movie. Still I'm going to lowball it to Mars size.

Carol flies from orbit (so a minimum of 1000 kilometers). And lets assume she covers a minimum of half the circumference of the planet. That still gives us 12,000 kilometers. Carol does that in 30 seconds, but still lowball that to 2 minutes. Thats still 100 km/s or Mach 292. She does this effortlessly

Revan Laha said:
Then why did we give High Hypersonic combat and reactions to Iron Man based on his flight speed?
Likely for reasons not relevent to an entirely seperate feat that we're looking at here. And I honestly don't care about whatever other examples are thrown in the air; they all have different context and were decided on different threads; this should be resolvable outside of the context of 'precedent' from unrelated series.

Revan Laha said:
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111331200/6834851-0627246961-68326.gif

In this Carol dodges a Kree fighter blast at close range. Which means she can dodge very well while flying.
Yeah no. "Can dodge while flying" only applies if she's actually flying at the calced speeds you got her at when she dodged, and this happens several decades prior to your calc, so...

Her flight speed isn't static; she can move faster and slower at any given time; otherwise she would have barreled through the planet at MFTL+ speeds. Your calc actually contradicts the very point you're trying to make, at that; she's moving stupid slower than her actual top speed.

Revan Laha said:
Captain Marvel was able to fly to this altitude in less than a minute
No clue what the picture is even signifying, and the scaling probably whack anyways.

The other 2/3 of the posts you spammed on the thread just rehashed the same arguments over and over again, so quoting them would mostly be a waste of time on my part.

Dargoo has a point about that she has to be able to react to other objects while travelling at those speeds in order to qualify.

It would be blatant double standards to not scale her reactions to her flight speed when we do it for Iron Man, Superman, etc.

That said, in this specific scene she just flew in a straight path without changing any directions. So I agree with Dargoo here. We also know that she has MFTL+ flight speed which doesn't scale to her reactions.

Our site page regarding [URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Speed']Speed[/URL] said:
Travel Speed - The speed at which a character or object can move by running, or through similar means that do not involve flight or teleportation.

Flight Speed - The speed at which a character or object flies a certain distance, like going from the earth to the sun for example.

High flight speed logically requires similar reaction speed in order to manoeuvre when approaching different objects.

As such, we have generally assumed that the characters' regular reaction or combat speeds are roughly equivalent to their flight speeds, unless this is clearly contradicted.
It would be blatant double standards to not scale her reactions to her flight speed when we do it for Iron Man, Superman, etc. And it would be contradicting with the standards we apply to characters from other franchises.

I concur with AKM and Revan.

And when is Captain Marvel i.e. Carol Danvers "Karen"?

The thing is that scaling her reactions to her flight speed gives rise to massive outliers.

AKM sama said:
The thing is that scaling her reactions to her flight speed gives rise to massive outliers.
The High Hypersonic scaling comes from much older Iron Man armor. As I said MHS speed should apply to only High 6-Bs. (which is less than 10 characters).

The only character who tagged Carol is Thanos

You're doing it again Revan. Don't multi-post without adding some new relevant information.

If we don't scale Iron Man to flight speed he will be supersonic only

How is this an issue?

As I said MHS speed should apply to only High 6-Bs.

I've only agreed on a High Hypersonic+ or "At least High Hypersonic+, likely MHS". Not just straight up MHS.

Stormbreaker also went all the way from new asgard to the avengers base within the span of a few seconds

A rough calc on that got MHS+, but we'd need a blog post with more precise methods

I'm very unsure about that timeframe. We see the scene skip around a lot and not he precious few times we see her flying it doesn't seem she's going anywhere near that extrapolated speed.

To add on to that: we see her speed up at certain points doing this, giving the impression she wasn't static in her movement and could have been moving slower and faster at certain points.

And while she does some maneuvers they definitely aren't when she's going that fast, and most of the time it's just her spinning as she rams into the missiles.

As for the "double standard" being mentioned; this feat should be able to stand on its own two legs and we shouldn't have to default to "well we did x for a similar feat" when what makes the feats different could very well change how they are evaluated. It also ignores the possibility that the precedent is just incorrect, but I don't have the time to go through all the various "dodged stuff while flying" speed justifications.

Then why did we give MCU Iron Man High Hypersonic combat speed and reactions? Iron Man achieved Mach 46.8 in Iron Man 3

Tony: Hey, uh, Ponytail Express. What's the mileage count between Tennessee and Miami?

Ponytail henchman: 832 miles.

Tony: Very nice.

His suit took 84 seconds to get there. Then how does it scale to his combat speed and reactions? Its just a pure flight speed feat

For the last time, I'd like to look at this independently of other feats. OKing a feat shouldn't be "because we OK'ed a similar feat", it should be because the feat stands to be valid on its own.

I don't agree with the Iron Man rating for starters but can discuss that later.

Personally I don't think it should scale to his reactions. He's never needed to rapidly dodge stuff while going at his intercontinental speed.

Then I don't have anything else to say.

This is pure biasness.

Also there's an MHS+ calc for Mjolnir that got approved

Eh.

I'd imagine we'd be seeing that more as an outlier than anything if the other MHS feats have issues.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I strongly agree with MHS/MHS+ based on numerous calculations.
Out of curiosity, which calculations?

Would you also care to adress any of the issues I pointed out with the ones related to this thread, as well?

Back