• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can we really scale characters with Hamon/Stands?

We're basically told that Vampires and Pillar men are weak to Hamon so can we really scale Hamon users in terms of AP to them? For example, how would Jonathan scale to Dio Brando if he needed Hamon to harm him? That's basically a hax that wouldn't work with most other fictional characters (Jonathan would have lower AP if he tried using Hamon to harm a non-vampiric fictional character).

I also heard that Stand users are particularly resistant against Stands (I'm not too sure though as I haven't made it to part 3 yet so feel free to correct me). If that's true can we even scale Stand Users to Stands? For example, if DIO is extra resistant to Star Platinum then his durability would be lower if he was hit by a non-stand fictional characer.

Pretty sure the latter would be affected by Verse equalization. And you would need a source for that too, I've personally never heard about it.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Pretty sure the latter would be affected by Verse equalization. And you would need a source for that too, I've personally never heard about it.
Someone told me in a thread and I'm sure it wouldn't as non-stand users in the Jojo-verse don't have that resistance to Stands. It's almost like saying that a fire manipulator with higher durability to fire would also have that durabilty to everything else due to "verse equalization".

Found the claim:

"Stand users have a sort of spiritual aura that can slightly protect them from other stands, which is why Jotaro survived being hit by a mach-speed punch that would kill most humans."

The thing is that everyone attacks with Stands in Jojo, and everyone has one. If a Stand user only takes attacks from Stands users, then the main source of power from another verse would be considered equal. The only non-stand users that actually matters tend to be Hamon users, who disappeared not long after the introduction of Stands.

This claim sounds like fan-speculation to me, unless an official source stated/showed that.

Well it implies that if a random (non-stand user) human in the Jojo-verse got hit by a Stand, they'd be hurt a lot more, so verse-equalization doesn't make much sense to me. If this claim does turn out to be true that would explain why peoeple like Jotaro seem to have City Block level durability but only Street level AP which makes no sense unless he really was resistant to Stands.

'Till then, it's only speculation.

That does bring up the question, if Jotaro has city block level durabilty but his AP can still be a lot lower, then wouldn't DIO also have AP that's a lot lower to his durabilty? In which case Dio Brando (part 1) would also have really low AP in comparison to his durabilty.

I do agree with Stand users being listed with lower AP physically, but keeping their current AP for their stand, which is what they'll use for the entire fight

For DIO's case, his physical AP should be the same as Dio Brando, as Dio Brando was physically stronger than DIO by a small degree, but they're obviously not physically City Block level.

Yeah there seems to be a weird double standard with when characters can have weirdly differing AP and Durability (Jotaro) and the same AP and Durability (DIO).

Well, I did make a thread with proof of Dio not being physically city block level, I'd provide the reasons why but they're on that thread, but that might spoil a bit of part 3 for you (spoilers from DIO's world/the final battle)

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Well, I did make a thread with proof of Dio not being physically city block level, I'd provide the reasons why but they're on that thread, but that might spoil a bit of part 3 for you (spoilers from DIO's world/the final battle)
Finished part 3. Can you link me the thread?

EDIT: Seen it. Makes sense. Dio requires regen to survive all of SP's attacks.

Back