• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can somebody explain Po ressurection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. All Kung-Fu masters go to the Spirit Realm when they die, whether that's via passing away naturally (as shown by Oogway) or via being killed (Master Thundering Rhino was killed by Shen's cannons and his chi was collected by Kai, implying he went to the Spirit Realm). At the end of Kung Fu Panda 3, Po uses the Wuxi Finger Hold on himself to bring Kai to the Spirit Realm (as he himself is immune) and via the chi that the villagers give to him, he activates his Hero's Chi (this is what it's described as in Paws of Destiny). With the Hero's Chi, Po is able to create portals back to the mortal realm.

For further proof, Po describes this scene (sending himself and Kai to the Spirit Realm) as him dying. Also, within the Spirit Realm, Po is capable of regaining his Hero's Chi, since the Spirit Realm lets you become your true self. However, if you die in the Spirit Realm, you can't come back.

Realistically, anyone with the Hero's Chi is able to perform this, since the portals are an ability Po gets via the Hero's Chi.

I believe it's both personally, though I used to think it was just BFR.

I'll see if I can dig up any statements about it other than Paws of Destiny stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back