• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ku Fu Panda 4 Discussion Thread

A thread to discuss the new Ku Fu Panda Movie.

2soXvZv.jpg

Ok so I watched the movie... I have to say, not impressed. It felt more like a long Legends of Awesomeness episode and not in a good way... It also plays fast and loose with the already existing canon and does a lot of established characters dirty. I'll spoiler tag the rest + abilities that Po should get.

Ok, so first of all, I don't get why Po has to move on from becoming a Dragon Warrior and why he needs to rush it. Oogway spent upwards of forty years before choosing a dragon warrior. Also, the valley of peace is in danger, which is a perfect reason for Po to continue defending said valley, ESPECIALLY when said villain takes the form of Tai Lung who defeated the Furious Five at the same time. Speaking of, why aren't any of the furious five contenders to be the dragon warrior? The villain sucks too - the Chameleon has no backstory, no wound or reason to understand her, she doesn't even have an interesting name (it'd be like calling Lord Shen the peacock). The main draw was that she turns into other villains, but we barely see her fight and most of the other villains don't do much either. I mean, for 4/5 of the movie all she does is turn into an elephant and push a guy off some stairs. As for the other villains, Lord Shen and Kai shouldn't have even been there! She summons villains from the spirit realm, an afterlife for Kung Fu Masters, but Lord Shen is strictly not a kung fu master and Kai was destroyed from inside the Spirit Realm. They didn't even write it off as 'Chi can bring people back to life no matter what'. Shifu does basically nothing but nag Po, Po's dads are just kind of annoying comic relief and the new fox girl is alright, if not a bit cliche. I actually like what they did with Tai Lung, he's come to terms with not being the dragon warrior though I feel like that personal journey wasn't shown too well and Po was a bit too chummy with him. And Lord Shen/General Kai would never bow to Po lol, let alone willingly 'return' to the spirit realm.

I'll split this up into abilities and AP/durability

AP: Shifu does nothing and the Furious Five are absent. I also don't think any changes should be applied to Shen or Kai as I will explain later.
There are no notable feats in the movie. Po destroys part of a thick stone floor but he already has better feats. A random goat pulverizes a boulder, which might scale to the Furious Five by virtue of being a no name kung fu master, but that's a stretch.
The Chameleon's power level is weird. There's one of two interpretations that can be made - either the Chameleon is as strong as the character she is shapeshifting into or her strength is constant, equal to Po's level. There's one quotes that stands out in particular:
"I'm stronger than any opponent you've faced because I am every opponent you've faced."
The Chameleon gets stronger and more skilled by absorbing the moves of every Kung Fu Master in the spirit realm (+ Shen + Kai lol). This is further shown by how the other masters became powerless after being hit by Chameleon's tongue attack. She's also able to use other characters abilities while in other shapeshifted forms (e.g. fire breath, her tongue attack). With this, I think two conclusions can be made:

-Po was able to take numerous attacks from himself well, including Chameleon's strongest attacks, so his durability should upscale from his AP.
-Po KO'd the Chameleon (who was somewhat weakened) in a single chi attack. Po's chi should largely upscale from his physical attacks.
All three points are consistent with how Po is treated in the rest of the canon. This also means that, as the Chameleon's AP =/= the form she is in, Shen and Tai Lung do not scale to this Po. General Kai is the weird one, since most of the power he had was not his own, and assuming KFP 3 wasn't completely retconned, he lost the chi of every master he took it from. And when he fought Oogway (start of KFP3), he noted that Kai had grown stronger, which is where we learn that Kai had taken the chi of every master AND where he performed his 7-C feat. So here's what I'm proposing:

KFP4 Po/Chameleon AP: At least 8-B (Po can harm Chameleon, who is equal in power to Po and at least superior to Kai before he started stealing chi. Should be superior to his KFP3 self), likely 7-C (Chameleon was stated to be Po's strongest opponent, and should therefore be stronger than the Kai that Po fought). At least 7-C with Mastery of Chi (Po's chi should be stronger than before. He ko'd Chameleon in a single chi strike)

Abilities: Po is able to create gusts of wind and ground tremors with his physical attacks, which have noticeable effects on villagers near his demonstrations. Not really combat applicable, but this gives him limited Air Manipulation and Vibration Manipulation.
Po is able to break magically enchanted cages, which were believed by the Chameleon (Po's physical equal) to be unbreakable. So Po has some limited Resistance to Magic as he's able to physically overcome magic that he shouldn't otherwise.
With chi, Po is able to take the stolen powers and return it to the other masters. This counts for Power Bestowal.
Po should also get a skill upgrade. Despite the flimsy writing, Po is considered to be enough of a master to move on from being the Dragon Warrior and become the next Oogway. He also fought on par with Chameleon, who had the combined skill of Kai, Tai Lung and numerous other masters.
Minor thing, but Tai Lung gets hit by his own nerve attack technique (from the Chameleon) and is able to move and talk afterwards. Considering the Furious Five were explicitly unable to do this, and the Chameleon's nerve strike is a replica of Tai Lungs, then Tai should get limited Resistance to Pressure Points.

Back