• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Naruto touch Non-Corporeal Characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you prove Nagato was taking his time? Every instance of the human path stealing souls was when the Naraka path was nowhere around, yet he took the souls instantly.

Nagato pulled so much of Naruto's soul out, we could see its head, yet Naruto could still maintain KCM and resist.

Rocker1189 said:
chakra is not physical at all. when it is not in a physical form. That is balantly untrue.

And obito is a special case he literally teleports bits of his body in another dimension. That is beyind just intangiblity. And no one tried to touch hags ghost. In fact did he not get touched by Naruto and Sasuke?
I was talking about obito's ghost and I don't remember hag physically interacting/touching with naruto and sasuke in ghost form

Callsign Castle said:
Can you prove Nagato was taking his time? Every instance of the human path stealing souls was when the Naraka path was nowhere around, yet he took the souls instantly.
Nagato pulled so much of Naruto's soul out, we could see its head, yet Naruto could still maintain KCM and resist.
The Human Path can take out souls, but it can't summon the King of Hell. Only the Naraka Path can do that. Thus the Human Path can't transport souls which was Kabuto's goal.

We literally see that Nagato is i the same position for several pages as he waits to call out the King of Hell with the Naraka Path.

This scan from you of Naruto's soul being almost entirely pulled was done after the King of Hell was summoned and Pain tried to transport the soul through the King of Hell.

But you said Nagato was taking his time, waiting for KoH to come out. Yet as you provided, he activated all the other paths instantly, and we can also see Nagato was pulling Naruto's soul way before he used the naraka path, where we can also see KoH be summoned the second Nagato shows that he's activating that path.

Are you also saying having 99% of your soul ripped out and resisting the entire time isn't a resistance, despite the databook even saying that the ripping out portion of the soul is instantaneous?

>But you said Nagato was taking his time, waiting for KoH to come out. Yet as you provided, he activated all the other paths instantly

That's false. I literally provided evidence that Nagato was activating the Paths one after the other. He calls out the name of the Path when he uses it, but that doesn't make them instant. He literally had to form his arm cannon and charge it to attempt to kill Bee.

>and we can also see Nagato was pulling Naruto's soul way before he used the naraka path, where we can also see KoH be summoned the second Nagato shows that he's activating that path.

And then we see Naruto begin pulling back on his soul before the King of Hell opens it's mouth. Naruto pulled back before Nagato began attempting to transfer.

>Are you also saying having 99% of your soul ripped out and resisting the entire time isn't a resistance, despite the databook even saying that the ripping out portion of the soul is instantaneous?

There's a difference between natural resistance and physically using your strength to resist an effect. If Naruto did not pull back on his soul after the King of Hell was summoned then Nagato would have taken his soul.

Nagato easily pulls out most Naruto's soul, then as I scan dumped above, he stood in the same position momentairly to use the Naraka Path to then summon the King of Hell. Once he does that Naruto begins pulling back on his soul.

It's not a natural resistance, it's Naruto just physically pulling back to stop Nagato's pull.

Edit: Istantaneous is clear hyperbole. It's not an ability with 0 time.

Well yeah it is not withing 0 time. That rarely means 0 time in fiction but it does mean that it is fast. Not as slow as you say.

"That's false. I literally provided evidence that Nagato was activating the Paths one after the other. He calls out the name of the Path when he uses it."

You are taking what I said deeply out of context my good sir. He calls the path name, and the path activates. That was the meaning of my comment.

As for the rest..Nagato pulled out half of Naruto's soul without Naruto resisting at all because he had no clue what was going on. KoH came out and Nagato started pulling and Naruto started resisting. Bee even told him to remember the tug of war with the nine-tails. He's been here before.

Orochimaru also held out on Hiruzen using reaper death seal on his soul for several chapters, where as Hashirama and Tobirama got theirs ripped in a single panel.

"Resistance is the ability to lessen the effectiveness of certain techniques and abilities through whatever means"

Yeah, it's fast based on feats. But only when Nagato wants it to be fast. Kabuto didn't. Kabuto wanted to transport Naruto's soul through King of Hell. He visually is seen stopping and in the same position, so it's not that it's slow, but that Kabuto delayed it for King of Hell.

>You are taking what I said deeply out of context my good sir. He calls the path name, and the path activates. That was the meaning of my comment.

I realized, which is why I had edited my comment immediately afterwards. I had included: He calls out the name of the Path when he uses it, but that doesn't make them instant. He literally had to form his arm cannon and charge it to attempt to kill Bee.

>As for the rest..Nagato pulled out half of Naruto's soul without Naruto resisting at all because he had no clue what was going on. KoH came out and Nagato started pulling and Naruto started resisting. Bee even told him to remember the tug of war with the nine-tails. He's been here before.

Alright, thanks for the agreement.

>Orochimaru also held out on Hiruzen using reaper death seal on his soul for several chapters, where as Hashirama and Tobirama got theirs ripped in a single panel.

This is because Orochimaru was killing Hiruzen when Hiruzen was personally pulling on his soul. If you stop the caster, you can limit the damage of the soul pull.

Well actually all sentences in that section were what I was saying. It does agree with me.

Are only argument is a semantics one. You think it counts as resistance since Naruto pulled back. I'm saying it's not resistance since Naruto would have been susceptible if he didn't pull back.

If Naruto were to fight another soul manipulator he didn't physically pull out your soul, Naruto would be screwed. He only resisted because Nagato's soul manipulation is pretty pathetic and has the downside of being physical that you can physically grab to pull on back.

Yeah because you say that naruto's soul is physical. When we don't because it is a soul. And if his soul is physical and someone tries to pull it out from range. He would still be able to grab it back. It is not useful against soul destruction but certainly against any soul absorption. As long as the would comes out.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Okay... That's still not him having natural soul resistance. If he hadn't pulled back, he would have been susceptible. Thus, he's not resistant.
He is resistant because he did not get intsantly pulled out anyway. Before grabbing back. My point is against any other soul remover he would be able to have the chance to grab the soul back. And also the fact that it is a soul that he was able to grab back on the first place gives him non-corpereal touching.

Isnt naruto alraedy resistant to soul manipulation??? Why are we talking about this??

Also can we finish this?? Naruto already has another non corporeal feat from touching the Tailed Beasts in their energy form using his chakra cloak

@Rocker

>He is resistant because he did not get intsantly pulled out anyway. Before grabbing back.

As I've already explained and provided evidence repeatedly with scans, he wasn't instantly pulled because Kabuto used Nagato to summon the King of Hell to transport the soul. It's why we visually see Nagato stop pulling on Naruto.

>My point is against any other soul remover he would be able to have the chance to grab the soul back.

Only against another physical soul extractor, because Naruto has no natural resistance.

@Astral

>Also can we finish this??

We still have disagreements, including staff members. Plus Staff are busy with the Staff Only Low Godly Kaguya thread. On top of this, Ant has said Naruto revisions will be delayed due to Burning Full Fingers busy schedule and Kep's departure. It'll be a while till Staff can come back for this sole topic.

your the only one disagreeing tho dude. What other staff member??

Naruto revisions actually cant be delayed because the verse is ongoing with Boruto.

BFF already agree with adding it earlier on the thread

also the knowledgble members are the ones who mostly help and revise the verse lately

no offense to anyone

But...

Griffin only said its not combat aplicable, not that it isn't a thing at all.

Plus Burnng only says other jinchuuriki, so naruto can still have it

BFF said for TOneri dude. The other comment he sent said he agreed. I know you had to see that man.

Damage did not disagree dude. Matter of fact he said that narutos feat is better than what Shizuna lost to

Griffin disagreed with the supposed supporting evidence of "Naruto touching Bijuus" Damage has never agreed, plus I know the guy and talk to him out of the site. Kep didn't agree. Matthew didn't agree. Burning agreed, but said CRTs would have to be made for Rinnegan users and Itachi which were added earlier without approval.
The only ones in agreement are those always in agreement in every Naruto revision.
Damage didn't really disprove the whole soul thing.

Kep saying something is cool, but reasinings being given would be that much better.

Matthew's point seems... weird. Nagato was pulling it alright until Naruto stopped it.

Burnings point doesn't really stop this, does it?

LordGriffin1000 said:
I don't really mind him having this but not Rennigan users. They have the ability to pull out souls but they can't strike the soul while punching you.
this is what he said. I dont see anywhere where he said anything about bijuus

Matthew called it wanked. Thats automatically not enough call something wrong same for Kep who as well said it was wanked.

the ones who are in agreement are the ones who actually help with Naruto revisions. Ones who said no before are the reasons things like this always get brought up because they dont know anything about the verse and how it works

lol matter of fact he didnt disagree with it. He said it cant be accessed in battle. He didnt know that Naruto did touch their pure energy forms in battle

that is more proof that you guys just say no to things that involve naruto without even knowing the verse itself and what has happened in it.

No. Naruto revisions are further halted due to Kep and Burning Full Finger's abscence according to Ant. If anything, a Staff Only thread would be the way to get things done, but Staff are currently busy with another Staff Only thread.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Majority opinion are not always true or concert. It can always be proven false and or true by a third-party memeber with an different opinon.
Yes.

But most of the time, unless a hard counter is brought up, it isn't really enough.

So unless I missed a reason why that I haven't discussed against (wihch is possible), I don't see what really makes this a thing where there are two groups that disagree, with one being more numerous

Burning Full Fingers asked me to post this message:

"Ok, I can't really tell what this soul issue is all about, but I'm neutral on it. As for the case of the Bijuu in their energy states, I made a thread asking about something related to this a long time ago and I was told that they were not Non-Corporeal, as they primarily don't remain in this state and instead use physical bodies. So, it'd just be some form of intangibility. Looking at our intangibility page, this case falls more under immaterial intangibility, so that's what I'd tentatively suggest.

Remember that this is just my opinion, and I don't know about Naruto any more than any of you do. We all watched the same anime and read the same manga. This also goes for any future revisions. They shouldn't be held back because I'm not available. Shadow's around anyway. It's sad that Kep was banned the way he was, but I can't take his place to be in charge of Naruto. I don't think there's anything I can say that you guys don't know already.

As for the accepted calcs and revisions that could be implemented any time, I leave it to Shrek and Shadow in terms of supervision."

Minor Point about this statement

We still have disagreements, including staff members. Plus Staff are busy with the Staff Only Low Godly Kaguya thread. On top of this, Ant has said Naruto revisions will be delayed due to Burning Full Fingers busy schedule and Kep's departure. It'll be a while till Staff can come back for this sole topic.

• Naruto revisions will be delayed due to Burning Full Fingers busy schedule and Kep's departure.
In this case, it not entirely, true, Burning fingers and Kep are not Knowledgeable Members of Naruto, most of us are. So, their opinions would not matter that much. And, if you are talking about making changes, then it also unnecessary, since all this needed to is to politely ask a staff to unlock the profile for an update to make the change yourself since not all staffs are busy with Naruto's content revision

Naruto

Another point, since we still disagreement we could contact other Knowledgeable Members of Naruto for more inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back