• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ionliosite said:
Well, in this key Akuto is mostly a physical fighter, but he can take advantage of his flight and explosions if he needs to.
As I said before, this Akuto's main mentality on this key.

Since Akuto's awakened in this key, and as such knows every single thought, action and emotion of Ikki in the present and past, I think Ikki wouldn't be able to dodge the explosions, and wouldn't be able to hit Akuto when flying around.

So my vote's for Akuto.

I think you could make a distinction between telepathy and nigh-omniscience. You can't just fool nigh-omniscience like that.

Except it's literally the same in context. Both read his thoughts. His past thoughts don't really contribute. And he fooled telepathy by doing something while it wasn't in his thoughts or sth like that.

Well Akuto would also know his actions, so I don't think "Doing something without thinking about it" would really help.

Agnaa said:
Well Akuto would also know his actions, so I don't think "Doing something without thinking about it" would really help.
Well Touka literally reads electrical signals from the mind that control the body and she still didn't realize that he had kicked a rock into her saccabard to f her over.

Well then, retracting my vote until further argument.

It's for the better you retracted your vote, since Akuto doesn't instantly know that, he has to look on the Computer God's logs to know any of those stuff. There's a reason I said his intelligence is hard to pin point.

I mean, he can fight ranged, however that isn't what he strats with. Not sure if Akuto could stop Ikki's attacks with Kakei. There is also his regen which is Mid, not sure if it can stop Phantom Form due to him knowing that cutting his arm/head won't really do anything to him.

Firephoenixearl said:
So ugh what stops Ikki from skillfucking this fight?
For a start given that Ikki doesn't use magic, and Akuto should be aware of this due to his mana perception, Akuto might decide to just telekinetically rip Ikki apart.

Even assuming Akuto goes into hand-to-hand combat, it's not like he clings to that. Akuto frequently changes his strategy to fit the situation.

So Ikki has exactly one chlash to kill Akuto. Afterwards Akuto would change his strategy, given that Ikki outclasses him in hand-to-hand, and Ikki looses just as bad as against Act 12 Akuto.

I don't think Ikki is physically capable of killing Akuto that easily, simply due to Akutos stat advantage, his Regenerationn and the fact that he can easily teleport himself or Ikki many kilometers away in the middle of an attack.

Ikki does use magic. He just doesn't use literal tons of it cus he doesn't have that much magic. He still does have magic.

One clash has proven to be far more than enough on numerous ocasions. But that regen seems like it would be problematic.

I would like to know Ikki's AP now that DT mentioned stat adventage. Akuto can tank 2.84712099125365 kilotons of TNT without issue.

Ionliosite said:
Firephoenixearl said:
First key ikki in base gonna become 8-B actually with skill that can fight Low 7-C.
Will this be added as "8-B, Low 7-C via skill"? </div>
It's a very nice possibility. But yes Ikki now is 8-B in base but can fight up to 7-C via skill without needing Ittou Shura.

That sounds like PIS or not actually being 8-B/7-C to me.

I thought like that at first too "well he's weaker but he can't be THAT much weaker". But then i re read some of the scenes and he casually stomps 4 48x clones of himself. The fights stella and clashes swords just fine, he dodges one and the whole atmosphere just gets pushed.

I thought PIS is what we called "the story doesn't understand durability in a way that we shouldn't apply in vs battles". Such as how Magikarp can damage Arceus.

EDIT: 48x clones

So the series doesn't consider 48x a one-shot, that's fine but we can't really apply that when making matches with other verses.

Stella fight

I don't see the relevance here.

Agnaa said:
I thought PIS is what we called "the story doesn't understand durability in a way that we shouldn't apply in vs battles". Such as how Magikarp can damage Arceus.
Actually Rakudai is an extremely smart series. It even considers weight (mass) as a very important part of strength. But even then, ikki who one shotted someone in the Low 7-C (likely 7-C) range was using his 48x amps, in his base he couldn't even scratch her, but he has stuff like attack like an arrow to pierce etc. It applies actual physics a lot of the time.

"The series is usually accurate with physics therefore we should accept 8-B fighting a 7-C through pure skill"

no

More like "The series applies logic to the whole thing that's why it makes sense"

You lack such context.

The 8-B guy can block in such ways that he redirects the damage completely to the ground, lets it flow past him, etc. Like seriously the amount of skill im talking here is not just "oh he's got x billion years of experience" im saying we actually see what he exactly does. But then again if anyone wants to make a CRT or a Q&A board then go right ahead i won't stop you.

Agnaa said:
EDIT: 48x clones

So the series doesn't consider 48x a one-shot, that's fine but we can't really apply that when making matches with other verses.

Stella fight

I don't see the relevance here.
No no, you didn't get my point. It was a super stomp against 4 such clones and he actually 1 shot those 48x clones.

8-B blocking attacks into the ground

That sounds completely reasonable, I thought you were implying he could just damage Low 7-Cs without using durability negation simply because "lolskill"

One-shot 48x more powerful clones

Sounds like dura neg or PIS, nothing super special either way.

Agnaa said:
8-B blocking attacks into the ground
That sounds completely reasonable, I thought you were implying he could just damage Low 7-Cs without using durability negation simply because "lolskill"

One-shot 48x more powerful clones

Sounds like dura neg or PIS, nothing super special either way.
I did say "it uses actual logic for what it does". He redirects the force, reflects it etc.

Well, apparently in Rakudai since swords do slashing damage even 48x isn't a big deal. I mean they do put a lot of emphasis on stuff like piercing damage, slashing damage. Example Stella got 1 shotted by her own attack because ikki reflected her attack with his sword.

Firephoenixearl said:
Except it's literally the same in context. Both read his thoughts. His past thoughts don't really contribute. And he fooled telepathy by doing something while it wasn't in his thoughts or sth like that.
Would Ikki actually do this by default against someone that he knows nothing out?

I'd assume no, so reinstating my vote for Akuto, since the reason I retracted it no longer applies.

That doesn't fully answer my question though. However, is that statement of acting on instinct alone from the Selection Battles Arc or some time later?

Also I'd say that past thoughts would contribute, since knowing exactly how someone acted and thought about every single combat situation in the past seems pretty helpful.

Back