• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Goku survive a nuke?

Them being able to be cut in half and still be alive or having half there head cut off and still be able to live for a little while is part of there biology

Shrekkid said:
@saitamax
i know how energy works, i know energy is a property, i know it's a byproduct of of atoms gaining energy by moving more, ok, but the show doesn't do that, they have attacks vaporize, desintigrate and atomize without the requirements to do so, also it's very consistent, no outliers here, so they might not be using desinitgration or atomiztion at all.

@j man

are you talking to me, or?

let me just confirm this

Do you think a universe busting blast from beerus at full power would generate less heat than lava or a nuke?

does that sound remotely resonable to you?

@ j man, no one ever tanked a star exploding, and still broly died, example done.

@saitamax i know it does, but they don't do that in the series, if they did, all characters would die, ok, do you get it now?

Cooler, the one you specifically brought up, did in fact, tank an exploding star, whilst inside it no less.

And yeah, Broly did die, no one said it was because of the sun's heat though.

when, seriously when, i think what you are doing is confusing it with the big getti star, which he didn't tank, literally that blast wasn't 25-50% stronger than him, which most characters die in that way by, so it wouldn't have done that

Shrekkid said:
@ j man, no one ever tanked a star exploding, and still broly died, example done.
@saitamax i know it does, but they don't do that in the series, if they did, all characters would die, ok, do you get it now?

or..they do it,and the characters don't die because they are just that durable and the examples you're giving are outliers

that's the more sensible conclusion isn't it?

Saitamax

no, no one has even done that in the series. they aren't outliers, it doesn't differ from the main feats, nor does it contradict other feats, remember i'm talking about non canon feats.

Cooler is explicitly part if the anime canon as hes shown in GT and mentioned. Broly too as Pikkon, an anime only, is directly brought up in Bio Broly.

For the purposes of this Wiki, it is assumed that energy is treated like it is in the real world unless specifically stated to be otherwise. As such, Ki attacks are treated like they have equivalent heat for their energy levels (Even if they don't cause environmental damage the way they honestly should). And characters with high durability resist levels of heat that correspond to their durability unless specifically stated to be vulnerable to heat.

Goku is an even more clear case because he is known to fluctuate his durability based on letting his guard down and the like. He only has as much durability as he pours ki into his defensive barrier. If he doesn't have his full barrier up, he can be injured by weak attacks. But those are outliers if you are talking about a combat-ready Goku.

@j man he's not part of main anime, no movies are, they are part of an even more seperate continuity, and the sun never explodes in that scene, it's still light, and it's in other movies, that's just the light, look at the final burst cannon in vegeta vs frieza's 4th form

>Doesnt explode

Cool so ya gonna make a CRT? Because thats why Cooler is rated as he is.

And he actually is part of the main anime, he's In gt and if thats the case then why the hell did ya bring him up?

@J man

I don't think GT is considered main canon, and I definitely know that Pikkon from filler is not considered main canon. But I will admit I don't know all the specifics of who is and who isn't canon.

Shrekkid said:
Saitamax
no, no one has even done that in the series. they aren't outliers, it doesn't differ from the main feats, nor does it contradict other feats, remember i'm talking about non canon feats.

Dude, it contradicts everything this site even has as descriptions of most DB characters

you're basically saying DB characters can't even tank planet level attacks. any being from another universe with a planet level attack would generate enough heat to kill them. thus we'd need to reduce their durability to below planetary

unless someone like you comes in to argue "wait, the attacks of people from this universe don't generate heat either."

>_>

@ j man

i brought him up because it still works the same ok, and what do you even mean cooler is rated how he is?

@ saitamax, it doesn't contradict it's own feats, remember i'm not talking about the manga, and like i said they can tank attacks and the heat of the attacks, just they have less heat resistance, i've explained this.

you know what, i've explained this and you aren't listening, i'm done with this

It works the same way? It clearly doesnt when the SUN explodes in his face. Any other examples ya wanna bring up? I can almost certainly tell ya why it's not gonna cut it.

And by that I mean his tier, you're on the vs wiki, you should know exactly what I mean.

Saitamax is basically right for the purpose of this wiki. Even if Dragon Ball doesn't show realistic heat transfer effects on terrain, and characters sometimes lower their guard and take damage from low energy flames or lava, it is unreasonable to assume that their combat-ready forms would get injured by Planet level attacks, when they have clearly survived far greater attack potency.

Shrekkid said:
@ j man
i brought him up because it still works the same ok, and what do you even mean cooler is rated how he is?

@ saitamax, it doesn't contradict it's own feats, remember i'm not talking about the manga, and like i said they can tank attacks and the heat of the attacks, just they have less heat resistance, i've explained this.

the only way it doesn't contradict other things in the anime is if we accept KI blasts don't generate ANY heat whatsoever

sorry but that's just ludicrous. it's far easier to accept your examples as outliers than such a weird general rule.

Some of his examples work against him, using cooler being killed by the sun's heat as an example when in reality he tanked the Sun exploding, and lived no less.

Saitamax i know they produce heat, they just don't produce enough to kill each other. it is a rule, it happens all the time in the anime, movies and manga, thus is consistent, and can't fit the definition of an outlier. stop not listening, and listen.

J man

the sun didn't explode, i've explained this, it was the light, and we see it in many other movies, especially when goku uses the spirit bomb and pushes broly into the sun, we see this when vegeta uses his final burst cannon, look at how much light there is, and namek wasn't damaged

Shrekkid said:
i know they produce heat, they just don't produce enough to kill each other, for f*** sake.
it is a rule, it happens all the time in the anime, movies and manga.

stop not listening, and listen

Ok..so youy do agree they produce heat. then we're left with 2 options

1) the characters don't die because the blasts aren't producing as much heat as they should, proportional to the level of destruction they cause -this is what you believe

2) the characters don't die because they are just that durable to the heat produced. -this is a much simpler argument and what most people accept.

the reasoning for your sticking to the first explanation are your examples with lava and Broly. if you accepted those as outliers, you could move to the much more reasonable second option, see?

j man no, no it doesn't, name one time, there are very little heat feats, and what i mentioned about the vastly weaker characters being disintigrated, atomized and vaporized is extremely, extremely consistent.

Saitamax

i think both are correct, the heat isn't enough to kill them, so they can tank it, ok, also i changed my previous comment so it wasn't as insulting. like i explained they are some of the only heat feats, thus can't fit the definition of outlier due to the lack of evidence.

The sun did explode or at least there was a several million milecwide explosion. Goku didn't spirit bomb Broly, it was the family kamehameha.

Final Burst cannon? Ya mean the thing that was kicked into space and never hit namek?

the explosion was mostly light as i explained, we even see it in so many other movies, ok. i know it didn't hit namek, but the light did, no damage to namek at all

The light hit namek obviously but the massive million mile wide explosion didn't, even then it shook the planet.

I literally just looked up the scene, yes light coming Off the explosion hit namek but the huge explosion didnt touch it.

Shrekkid said:
j man
no, no it doesn't, name one time, there are very little heat feats, and what i mentioned about the vastly weaker characters being disintigrated, atomized and vaporized is extremely, extremely consistent.

Saitamax

i think both are correct, the heat isn't enough to kill them, so they can tank it, ok, also i changed my previous comment so it wasn't as insulting. like i explained they are some of the only heat feats, thus can't fit the definition of outlier due to the lack of evidence.

But that's exacly the problem, see.

the "heat feats" are literally everywhere if you accept the ki blasts generate heat proportionally to their destructive power as they should, like everyone else does here. then the characters are simply tanking that much heat. if Goku gets hit by a galaxy destroying blast and tanks it, he can tank the heat of a galaxy blowing up.

the only things you have against that claim are a couple of examples, one of them involving a movie of all things.

so it is an outlier, or not, depending on your opinion on that matter, to me it seems very unreasonable to toally change how heat works as a concept in order to make sense of two little moments where characters got hurt/died from things like lava or the sun.

it's a lot easier to just dismiss those two instances as outliers and accept Ki generates heat proportional to its level of power, as is the way in almost every fictional verse.

j man, maybe the light was far bigger than the actual blast, maybe the sun took a little damage, but it wasn't any where near destroyed, saitamax i know they do, but they are unlisted, we don't know how much, also i've explained the rest, so how about we can finish this arguement by coming to a mutual understanding, not i am right or you are right.

except when you look at the end of the movie and the sun is still there, ok can we come to an understanding now, can we just say none of us are correct because there isn't enough information to be concrete

@Shrekkid

That's a bit silly to ask for people to admit they are not correct, when for the purpose of this wiki, they are correct. They are going by the principles of Energy and Attack Potency that this Wiki abides by. Your opinions, can be whatever you like, but it doesn't change what is accepted on this wiki...

i mean for our discussions, not for the wiki, i'm just saying me, j man and saitamax should stop talking to each other

Oh you right on that regard, unfortunately it still caused the sun to explode and literally disappear. Did it come back? Yes. How? Bullshit, hell if i know but matter of the fact is it went bang.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, fine, don't accept that it was just light, i don't give a s***, i'm done, actually done.

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong on the basis of you actually supplying evidence to your claim and debunking mine.

But you seem to think I'm out for ya or bear hostility, I'm not but this forum is mostly used for debating.

Why would I accept it's just light?

And guess what, even if it was, light still yields energy, lighting up earth requires gigatons of energy, more than any nuke, lighting up millions of miles? Even more.

i retract what i said, btw i don't think your hostile, i thought i was coming off as that, sorry i was hostile in my last comment, but still can we come to an understading that we need more info

Back