• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Goku survive a nuke?

that works very well because it still kind of scales to lava, and goku has shown that he can increase things not increased by his ki

Physiology has nothing to do with it, that only helps him survive without oxygen and in a vacuum.

And if ya wanna use filler scenes we can use stuff like him tanking reentry l, being near stars and more

j man, actually physiology does have much to do with it, beyond god goku or blue goku would die against 6000 degrees, beerus didn't, now you could say it's beerus' limit, however he took it like nothing

Goku never took the planet explosion but if you look at the writting, NO ONE, not freeza, not goku himself, not King Kai ever considered the explosion to be threatening.

they were always talking about "Goku won't be able to survive in the vacuum of space".

just think for a moment, the entire writting for that whole part makes no sense if you think Goku can't tank a planet exploding

(then there's also the fact an unconscious, almost dead Freeza, cut in half and with almost no KI left tanked the planet blowing up in his face)

Beerus can look an exploding planet in the face and not even be phased, he's done so before.

And no, 6000 isn't Goku's limit, in Super alone he's tanked re entry twice, massive explosions (that have shown to ignite things aflame and mekt), Trunks used Galick Gun on Black, knocked him into a mountain and blew the top off and the crater was shown to be visibly charred and melted near the center and I can continue if ya want.

6,000 degrees is nothing.

i never said he did, i know he can't breathe in space, how hot is a planet explosion anyway? ki likely doesn't increase heat resistance as i've explained far above and it could be the same with being prepared

How hot is an exploding planet?

It makes 6,000 degrees look like absolute zero.

And on a side note, ya do realize explosions carry heat right? All explosions do.

yes, i know explosions carry heat, also do you have any evidence about a planet explosion's heat?, because even if you do, i already gave evidence by beerus that physiology matters

the temperature of a planet exploding would make a nuke look like a joke by the way. here's a good post i found explaining it

""Energy forces powerful enough to destroy a planet via explosion would be immensely hotter than any single nuke - you wouldn't just be talking about heat released from the initial burst, but also energy reactions released by the destruction of gravity, the erasure of the atmosphere (which would subject the entire planet to cosmic radiation much more harmful than just heat) and subsequent unfiltered energy radiation of the sun, the loss of oxygen and the shearing forces associated with the escape of the Earth's core and subsequent seismic shocks. ""

this is why i'm saying it's completely ludicrous to think lava or nukes can harm goku. a generic Ki blast thrown by Krillin packs more heat than a nuke , seeing as i'm pretty sure everyone here considers Krillin to be a planet buster at the very least

ok thank you for some explaination on the heat, but as i've explained frieza's physiology likely helped him tank it

Ya know how many instances there is of ki blasts vaporizing?

Hell in Super Wagashi was turning steel beams to liquid with its laser, it then proceeded to hit Gohan with them and the heat did nothing.

Frieza's body helped him survive the vacuum of space, it did nothing for the explosion.

And even then, I've given you like 6 examples of 6,000+ heat doing nothing.

yes, and i've explained it's common sense to assume Goku would also have effortlessly tanked it seeing as none of the characters or Toriyama himself ever treated the imminent explosion as a threat to Goku.

they were only worried about Goku dying in space. the thought of the explosion killing him never even crossed their minds.

and then we have the fact Goku has tanked beams far more powerful than planet busters. those beams themselves should be packing even more heat than the planet's explosions.

i've given you the example of beerus tanking it like it was nothing, while goku, who at that point is not too far off, would die, so yes it is physiology based, and like i explained again, durability to heat isn't ki based in the anime, the thing that i'm giving examples of

Not even, Goku Black recently took an explosion that blew up a mountain the crater was visibly melted showing it packed heat and he wasnt even phased.

not really, i've disproven most of them, however mine are more specualtion based so it might not be, look let's just agree to disagree ok

With Ki Barrier, Goku should tank any reasonable Nuke. Without it Goku dies. However given Goku's reaction speed there is no reasonable situation where a Nuke could hit him with his Ki Barrier down.

here, let me give an example

let's say namek exploding creates..i dunno...100000 degrees of heat (this number is totally arbitrary)

now let's say beerus fires a blast against Goku.we know Beerus is an universal character...even if he's massively holding back the blast shgould be at least on a galactic scale

Goku tanks the Blast.

at the moment of impact, that blast should have generated enough heat to make those 100000 degrees look like nothing. otherwise it wouldn't have been a galaxy/universal buster blast

the main problem hgere is i think you're confused on how heat works. it's pretty much impossible for something to be more destructive than something else without packing more heat. if goku can tank blasts from universe busters, he can tank the heat from a planet, or a galaxy, exploding.

you do know vaporizing means nothing to dbz right, characters vaporize and disintigrate each other all the time, even if the character is like half the other's power, and again heat resistance isn't based on ki, also giving two examples compared to one doesn't mean anything

Do you know what vaporization means? Do you know how it's usually done?

Do you know you literally can't vaporize an island without there being heat involved?

It means plenty and you saying it happens all the time only proves yourself wrong.

I don't think Ki blasts radiate heat the same as normal materials in real life. If that was the case, the terrain would always be scorched for miles. So it is unlikely that Ki Blasts act like raw plasma entirely.

They don't vaporize using heat, it is more like disintegration.

yes, i do know, and what i meant to say is atomization or disintigration.

i know that, but they do that to enemies slightly weaker than them, so in this it means nothing.

how is it proving myself wrong if you aren't listening to my examples properly.

Shrekkid said:
you do know vaporizing means nothing to dbz right, characters vaporize and disintigrate each other all the time, even if the character is like half the other's power, and again heat resistance isn't based on ki, also giving two examples compared to one doesn't mean anything

you still don't understand what heat is. Heat is simply transference of energy. that's its literal scientific description.

it is impossible for a Ki blast that's capable of blowing up the universe, to pack less heat than the explosion of a planet, or a galaxy, or a nuke >_>

Atomization is even worse dude and them being only a bit weaker doesnt change the fact theyre turned into vapor. And Esoteric, I point ya to the Zamasu fight, where the city is literally on fire.

i know what heat is, i'm saying they use it inconsistently. they vaporize even somewhat weaker opponents, so what if they aren't using heat, also i'm talking about the anime, remeber in the anime how broly and cooler was killed by 5500 degrees c.

j man they do both, vegeta atomized a lake, vegeta desintigrated dodoria and jeice, vegeta vaporized nappa twice

That's one fight, of many. And fire isn't even realistic, given the level of heat involved with Planet, Solar, Universal beings. Things shouldn't be on fire, the entire planet should be molten rock for even a microsecond of exposure to that level of heat.

Cooler actually survived that AND the Sun exploding.

Broly was pushed through the Sun and his death could be warranted to the kamehameha instead of the sun considering he's taken planets blowing up in his face before and Cooler as stated above tanked a supernova.

cooler's body was almost destroyed, i know he beconmes meta cooler, but that's not the point.

broly took the kamehameha for many seconds, yet when he gets to the sun he dies, explain that.

heat isn't something you "use", it is a byproduct. a reaction that happens when certain conditions are met.

if you agree that Ki blasts cause simple destruction the same way anything else would, and they're not working through hax like removing from existence, transmutation,etc, then they have to generate heat proportional to how destructive they are, like anything else.

an attack that destroys a galaxy will always generate more heat than an attack that destroys a city. unless hax is involved. and i don't think anyone considers KI to be hax here.

the scenes with characters being injured from heat are simply outliers as i've explained. they should be ignored.

Yes Esoteric that's a thing called lol fiction and ki control.

Unless ya wanna downgrade everyone who doesnt show plenty of collateral in their fights to like wall or small building because thats what 90% of everything on this wiki would be reduced to.

Both Broly and Cooler come from the Movie Universe, which is not consistent with the Main Canon Universe.

That said, Cooler and Freeza's species is known for surviving huge explosions. It's more a perk of their alien biology than related to their Ki.

That said, I am positive that Goku survives almost any heat with an active Ki Barrier. It's just that sometimes he lowers his guard and can take mundane damage from things. His actual body isn't all that durable.

@saitamax

i know how energy works, i know energy is a property, i know it's a byproduct of of atoms gaining energy by moving more, ok, but the show doesn't do that, they have attacks vaporize, desintigrate and atomize without the requirements to do so, also it's very consistent, no outliers here, so they might not be using desinitgration or atomiztion at all.

@j man

are you talking to me, or?

Dude, Cooler still survived the Sun exploding in his face, it doesn't matter if it nearly killed if even a piece of tanked a SUPERNOVA.

And secondly, he was also in the Sun for a fee seconds too and considering he's tanked planets and star blowing up before, him getting done in by the blast opposed to the Sun is the likely answer.

Back