• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Goku survive a nuke?

He can survive the nuke but he will die from the radiation,he dont have immunity to poisons or something like that

goku has a high resistance to poison firstly, secondly he would die from the radiation, that damages cells, also the heat, dbz characters don't have very good resistance to heat, goku needs a suit for lava, he can take it, but not submerge in it, and nukes are 10x hotter than the sun, nearly 46x hotter than lava, he'd die, even if he increases his durability with ki, this is if the force fields that goku can surround himself with won't protect him from that.

goku dont has resistance to poisons,he use ki shield in order to prevent the poison reach his body,he himself cant tank the Poison

gohan took poison without shields, which causes people to rot, he got punched by it, he took a blast of it, and he took a cloud of it, it spread so fast because he went super saiyan, which increases the rate due to the stress on the body, whis said that, and goku agreed, also i'm not using that point in the argument, what does it matter, i only said it because he is resistant to poison

goku got poisoned by frost in a previous arc, i am talking about gohan because his physiology is identical to goku's

well goku does have aura to protect himself and can get out the area quick enough

First off, they have great resitance to heat.

All those explosions? They aren't cold or room temperature I can tell ya that.

And they can clearly melt things, in super alone we have Wagashi liquifying steel, Trunks galick gun against Black blew off the top of a mountain and there was molten rock in the crater and Gohan and Piccolo as recent as last week were melting the arena with tiny lasers.

Shrekkid said:
goku got poisoned by frost in a previous arc, i am talking about gohan because his physiology is identical to goku's
I check now,Gohan dont have resistance to poisons,lavender's poison stated to be gradually rots the body not immediately,Gohan was not resistance to this

but again they could use their ki armor to stop it but lasts as long as they have ki (which if they just need to tank i doubt they waste a VAST amount of ki)

yes but they have been hurt by lava, and goku needed a suit to get submerged in it, and i know ki attacks produce heat, i remember from, i think it's clash of superpowers, frieza's attack lit trees on fire

TISSG7Redgrave-yeah,but we are talking about a situation when Goku not defense himself,when he just try to tank a nuke

@ryop

i know it rots the body gradually, but he had to use a much larger dose for effects, that's where i get it from, and it spread quicker because he was super saiyan, it wasn't gradual anymore, also do you think frost's poison isn't meant to kill average people, he's a space pirate who kills, also the water that goku took as a kid poisons people, it did that to him, he didn't die, and his physiology is likely the result, not some pure of heart thing, also goku has lived in the woods for 12 years when he was a kid, eating bugs and rabid wolfs, and being near snakes, he never had any problems, he would have an extreme tollerance then, don't bring up the princess snake filler BTW

I mean he ate centipede, whuch tend to have some firm of venom and he did it raw.

Of course a nuke eclipses centipede but meh, he at least has a higher tolerance than normal.

thank you i have been trying to convince ryop that he has resistance to poison, also this argument is just for goku having resistance to poison, i'm not saying it'll help for radiation, radiation damages cells

Just got poison?

Yeah Goku is far more tolerant towards it, he's ate centipedes raw with no repercussions, and also some other things here and there.

He may not be immune or anuthing but hes far more hardy than the average person.

i just found a new bit, future gohan was given a drug to take him out for a week after fighting the androids, you know the fight where he lost his arm, yet he woke up, saying "Where are those darn androids"

ok so i've been thinking, do some types of the ki blasts we see produce radiation, i will look up anything about that, and i will look up experiences with radiation in dbz

ok i looked into experiences with radiation in dbz, sorry it only happens in a filler scene, goku gets too close to a sun, like right in orbit, however this is anime only, in conclusion manga goku is inconclusive about tanking radiation and will die from the heat, however anime goku can take the radiation but not the heat, but we don't know about his shield, btw that was a space suit, thereby it is only suited for low level radiation, like the increased radiation from s2 and s1 planets or something, btw goku did tank reentry, this was with no ki to boost his stats, and he was unprepared, so this is quite a good feat for anime goku's heat resistance

ok i've looked into ki blasts producing radiation, the answer is unknown, we can't really know unless they say it in the series, there isn't much chance of us knowing then, to add salt on the wound, we can't see the effects

He tanked reentry in meta cooler.

He survived in space on seperate occasions and Vegeta electrocuted several several frieza soldiers.

This is unrelated, I just recall him doing that.

I mean maybe? If we're talking about radiation from being in the vacuum of space, Beerus, angels, Frieza and frost, hit can all shrug it off.

But that's not the same as taking a nuke to the face radiation.

you're right they do, they jumped out of the big gete star after it left the atmosphere, they had no ki, but they were prepared, another score for anime goku.

also goku wasn't in space while fighting beerus, he was in the stratosphere.

when they survive in space this is because they can hold their breath much longer, they can go underwater for long periods, and since they are very durable they wouldn't expand in space.

i can't find vegeta doing it, but there are electric based attacks in dragon ball, rosh has one

In the time between Frieza and Goku coming back to earth, in the year Vegeta goes to space.

There's also a planetoid moving feat, how the moving was done i can't say though.

here are the electric attacks Thunder Shock Surprise | Dragon Ball Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia, Shocker Flatline | Dragon Ball Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia, ki can be converted into electricty, but they can also be light, the solar flare, since light is a wavelength of radiation, i think they can make radiation blasts, maybe the poison wasn't rotting gohan because it's poison, what if it is radiation causing him to rot because it damaged his DNA.

can't find the planetoid moving feat.

and vegeta does that after goku comes to earth, this is so he can become super saiyan to kill them androids

In the anime, he goes to space to look for Goku after the Frieza Saga who refused to be wished back to earth, the planetoid and electrical attack happens in that span of time.

Yeah that's what I was talking about. At about 3:35 is the feat, how it was done i cant say since we dont see Goku, implying it was him.

6:27 for electrocution.

If he's referring to Black, Black did use a nuke, Goku redirected it though and it blew up a mountain.

Edit: No, not Goku Black.

Back