• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Goku survive a nuke?

Yes, he would be able to tank a nuke with ease, he had tank much more powerful blast.

The radiation? Possible, he could be possible more resistence to radiation compare with standard humans.

well the anime/non canon version can, idk about the manga, in one of my comments above, i talked about a filler scene where he was just in orbit of the sun, so maybe he can take the radiation, btw his space suit is only designed for the increased radiation on an s1 or s2 planet, not a star. secondly i don't think that was a nuclear weapon that black had, no humans appeared to be hurt by the radiation, there are non nuclear weapons that can do that, especially in dragon ball where they have more advanced technology

tbf it could have been modified, also they would have likely tried to kill him with tear gas before, since they have tried to kill him like a billion times, so this could have been fatal to humans to have an effect on them, dragon ball characters have taken poison, also we are talking about radiation

they coughed, but that's actually it, they didn't go unconscious, die, or what ever depending on what type it was, why didn't he use his super speed and kick it away, i get why he didn't sense it or see it, why didn't he hear it, he has super senses, he did fly up, but still, so stupid

Well to be fair to them that the people who most certainly would use such tactics (Humans) can literally never harm them in a billion years with them just STANDING there.

from this we finally get anime goku can tank the radiation and blast, but not the heat due to that filler scene, that's done.

for the manga version, he can tank the blast, but if he tanks the radiation is unknown, but we do know he'd die from the heat.

we don't know if they could survive the heat using an energy shield though. since this has been somewhat answered, this thread should be closed, or you could leave it open for new feats.

I will say it again ssj goku from the frieza saga arc tanked lava :/ Also enless the heat is much much stronger then lava I don't see it hurting goku. Like why bring this up even regular lava is wall level in output (each second) the sun is only multi city block+ (each second).

nukes are 10x hotter than the surface of the sun, 55,000 degrees c, goku needed a suit to survive in the core of the earth, 6000 degrees c, goku would die from the heat, also when goku tanked lava he was hurt by it hitting him, so he'd not be anywhere near 55,000 c

heat resistance is a different thing blunt force resistance, goku does have resistance to heat, but not that much

Not it's not the multi city block level+ is the power the heat gives out (of the sun) and that level of heat can't hurt goku

Considering the current episode showed ki blasts could be used to heat objects up,

Going by this video, Roshi's kamehameha that destroyed the moon would make your body as hot as the sun's core for a few nanoseconds, and SS4 Gogeta's would make you as hot as the universe 1 second after the big bang so logically heat should not be a problem for him at all, but DB logic. Not sure where he gets his numbers from tho.

increase in heat resistance isn't directly proportionate to power level, again hue goku has much less heat resistance than he does resistance to impact because he was hurt by the lava, so he doesn't have universe level heat resistance, we don't know if the moon was vaporized, we see a large amount of light that could have covered all the dust, and the dust was likely spread by the force of the impact, so it could have been pulverised, finally i know ki blasts have heat, anyone who watches the show knows that, you don't need to watch that episode to see ki blasts have cauterized wounds before, like when piccolo shot goku, there was no blood flow, and we see frieza's attack light trees on fire, arguement done, anime goku can die from nuke heat, especially because he can't submerge in 6000 degrees c, sorry for writing a novel, but i don't care

Goku has no heat resistance meaning the heat will do a bit more damage doesn't have a weakness to heat even if he does the heat from common things like lava the sun heat wouldn't hurt him

who cares, goku was hurt by lava, he will die in 6000 degree heat, it doesn't matter because his feats place him as that, the likely reason is because his ki buffed resistance is for things like ki and blunt force, so goku likely has as much heat resistance as he does in his ki less form, in his ki less form he was slightly scratched by a bullet, abiet he didn't train in months and was a little weaker

What is this thread? Goku only needed that suit because of lack of Oxygen there. He clearly Survives all these weak things. Mind you he was on the Earth's top most Atmosphere where Sun Radiations/Heat can kill any human being.

who cares tori, he was harmed by lava, also hue i hear that all the time, but that's an unprovable concept, and as i mentioned before, it's probably his ki less form that has this heat resistance, and when buffing his durability with ki, it only works on blunt force, ki is tangible so it does work, and i know it produces heat, but that's not the point

Now your trolling (enless you are joking) hard to tell since it's the internet. Alright then can I have my solar system batman or wall+ darkseid since we are throwing out pis/wis out the window or maybe upgrade death stroke to being mftl+ for tagging the flash

hue i'm not trolling, you are adding in possible inconsistency that has an unknown power tie, also it is consistent, goku was hurt by lava and can't be submerged in 6000 degrees some of the only heat feats, well tbf ki blasts do produce heat, but you get what i mean.

it might be speculation the ki buffing thing, but at least it is a quite possible explaination, you are just saying that he can do this because he has that level of durability, but not all abilities are boosted by ki is my explaination, which makes sense.

of and don't give me "ki blasts have vaporised people", i have this to say, vegeta vaporized dodoria, and vegeta had 24k, with dodoria having 22k, same with jeice

What you are suggesting is because goku only has a one feat of lava with a suit on. You are suggesting two durability category's for goku. One where 6000 degree heat can hurt him (which is still less then city block level+ sun yes that the heats power) and his usually durability that what you are sayingO

well i'm not saying it should happen, but it is true, goku does have less heat resistance than he should, and this is never explained, i think they should explain it in the show, or at least by a statement, can we agree though

"Does have less heat resistance than he should" it was never out right stated that Saiyan have a weakness to fire cause even if they did that would only be a weakness to attacks on a similar level then goku gets lol rekted by a fire attack. Even then this is a case of wis the writers not unknowning goku is universal so lava can hurt him that what their thinking

ok so you are saying this might just be due to the plot, or due to the writers, well this is because name another time where goku has had a higher heat based feat, besides unspecified ones like tanking ki blasts that might or might not vaporize things, and when they do they sometimes are weird, like vaporizing something 25 to 50% less than your durability, and you can tank it.

let's just break even, and say we need more information

Only reason I can see anyone needing a ki shield for lava, is because it eventually hardens into rock.

freeza saga goku could already tank planets exploding

remember when Freeza was talking about namek blowiing up? Freeza himself never even considered the explosion to be any threat. he was focused solely on "you can't survive in the vacuum".

the way the writting went it's fairly obvious Toriyama himself also never considered planets exploding to be a threat. he had to jutify why it was dangerous with the "Goku won't be able to survive in space" part.

so the whole lava being threatening to him has to be written off as an outlier. it makes zero sense.

goku has weaker durability against heat in the anime, we don't know about the manga. goku has the durability to tank the blast. anime goku can tank the radiation, as seen in a filler scene, we don't know about the manga goku. conclusion, anime goku would die, but we don't know about manga goku, although ki blasts likely can produce the wavelengths of radiation from a nuke, they can convert ki into light, so they probably could do it with any radiation

that still makes no sense. anime goku can still tank being at the ground zero of a planet blowing up which produces way more heat than lava or a nuke. Ki blasts from any non fodder character would also greatly outpower nukes and have to produce more heat as a result.

It's just an outlier. much like the weighted training scene in buu saga. it makes no sense in a general context within the seriesso it should be ignored.

he never took the explosion of the planet. we don't know how much heat they produce (the moon feat could have been wrong, it could have been pulverised and the blast could have spread the dust). you are right, it is an outlier, but that's because i was talking about anime goku, not manga.

well it does vary by physiology, also ki might not increase heat resistance at all, because base goku and super saiyan goku were hurt by lava in filler scenes, and how hot is a planet explosion? goku can submerge in lava, but it does hurt him, what about a planet explosion?

Goku can cope with the heat if he can cross the Thermosphere with absolutely no problem (as shown in BOG)

Back