• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Caleb vs. Alex Mercer

Alex's regen is going to be impossible to bypass.

Good thing Soul manipulation is a thing.

Though would that work on a virus neither alive or dead like Mercer? I think I must wait for King.

It's kind of confirmed in Mercer's page that he possesses an immunity to Soul Manipulation due to not possessing a soul, apparently.

Is.... It ever really confirmed he was Souless though?

I'm not sure where Mercer not having a soul comes from, but I don't think that sort of thing would be outright stated in what's basically a sci-fi game with no overt fantasy/supernatural elements in it.

That said, according to a prior thread (and his profile), he can't keep up his healing factor very well if he's low on biomass. Caleb is hilariously stronger than Alex; he one-shot a being who overpowered one of the Chosen, who is comparable if not superior to guys who are almost four times as strong and durable as Alex is currently. And his shotgun is implied to have blown the head off another being who's that strong/durable, so his weapons scale as well. Every hit he lands is going to do some serious damage. That regen is going to be overtaxed to the point of incapacitation eventually.

Furthermore, Mercer is apparently susceptible to electricity and gets locked in place by it. Not only is one of Caleb's weapons electricity-based, but it specifically has an alt-fire that generates enough electricity to paralyze someone who's near his level. (And it even works on non-organic beings like Cheogh/the Stone Gargoyle, for some odd reason)

Also, the Voodoo Dolls are specifically useful against undead and non-organic beings. They can outright disintegrate zombies into nothing, and while the "death wave" doesn't one-shot the Stone Gargoyles, they still take immense amounts of damage from the Voodoo Dolls' attacks.

DMUA said:
Does Alex really even have a chance?
******* hilarious how a single post can change a person's entire view.

He should. I mean, he's almost certainly more skilled in melee than Caleb (who isn't necessarily uskilled, but he definitely focuses on firearms and ranged weapons more than melee), and if he tries to infect or absorb Caleb, there really isn't anything he can do to counter a successful attempt.

That said, I get the feeling Caleb does win more times than not, going by all that's been said and spoken on.

Okay. Caleb for Reasons Above.

Though I should note, Alex did grow a resistance to electricity.

Caleb FRA, at least until UMR comes up; has someone tagged him yet?

Gargoyle One said:
Biomass is apparently PIS according to UMR
Caleb still obliterates however
Don't paraphrase me if you're going to leave out 100% of the context.

That said, Caleb has the AP advantage so you guys can figure out the rest yourselves.

Preferably Prototype 2 Alex in his strongest form (Evolved right?)

Both beat the Ur-Didact, so this is gonna be interesting.

Back