• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yobobojojo said:
Priority: 1 (Scales to the entire verse)
Verse: Power Rangers

Description: Hekyl destroys Arcanon's ship

668DC2E5-799F-429B-AC06-9BB500D37188
19D661D5-0DDA-4ADA-B886-8FB269331725
In comparison to the planet of Sentai 6
Um, Hekyl wields the Dark Energem, which is as powerful as all ten of the original energems, being the evil from all of them put together. He's a little bit stronger than a base ranger

Priority: 3 (despite popular belief, Spider-Man and Lizard (The Amazing Spider-Man) do not scale to this ever since our revisions)

Verse: The Amazing Spider-Man

Feat/Description: Electro vaporizes water.

Lonkitt said:
Priority: 3 (despite popular belief, Spider-Man and Lizard (The Amazing Spider-Man) do not scale to this ever since our revisions)

Looking at that, it is far less impressive than it was made out to be. At the start it is only a continous stream of an attack, and when he blasts the whole thing the water is obviously not all vaporized.

It sure as heck isn't 8-B.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Lonkitt said:

Looking at that, it is far less impressive than it was made out to be. At the start it is only a continous stream of an attack, and when he blasts the whole thing the water is obviously not all vaporized.
It sure as heck isn't 8-B.
Still worth calcing or nah?

No, and it was explained on the thread why. If you wish to question it, than we can discuss it there.

A tl;dr would be that Electro litirally died when he tried to absorb all of new yorks energy, so the amount he absorbed is unknown.

Tonipelimies said:
This is the base exploding, not Vic Viper destroying the planet. We don't see Vic Viper shoot the planet at all, and the base is already blowing up before it leaves orbit.

Tonipelimies said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Podonklos/Pac_Man_is_Launched_Into_the_Void_of_Space

Done.

Importance: 3~2 (scales to Black Widow (Marvel Comics) and anyone scaled from/to her

Verse: Marvel Comics

Feats: (in response to Huesito88)

Black Widow throws ONE Black Widow bomb and blew up a car.

The man (?) survived and reacted to BW in CQC.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:7E022440-3D24-4E34-BF47-ED84E347A166.jpeg

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:3023F9F6-A6B8-4C9F-8960-04B9D5C8D1C4.jpeg (Point blank range)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:3671B72B-4ECC-49A9-BEDE-2FCC2F9B618F.jpeg (Wasn't even phased by it, but dies to BW)

Priority: 1/2 (Depends on the results; could be a supporting feat, or would warrant a change in tier ratings)

Verse:
The Ultra Series

Feat:

AntimatterBoom
AntimatterBoom2
AntimatterBoom3
Sorry for uploading 3 pictures at a time, I didn't know which of the latter 2 to use for explosion picture.
A little context:

The explosion happened just near Jupiter. Supposedly in the Trojan Belt, but a camera pan that happens just before that seems to show that it was pretty close to the planet itself. Seriously, it framed Jupiter before panning to the side, indicating that it hasn't moved away that far from Jupiter.

But, just in case, I'd suggest using the largest asteroid in said Trojan Belt or one of Jupiter's moons. By what I could tell from the pan, it was comparable, but not near the size of the Red Spot.

Is the legitimacy debatable? I'd say so, but we can't really ignore the fact that it happened. Besides, feats are typically > statement, right? And in-universe statement said 5 gigatons. Let's see. Oh right, the explosion was the result of matter-antimatter collision.

The Smashor said:
Priority: 2 (Effects Wii Punch Out characters)
Verse: Punch-Out!!

Feat: Sandman punches a building so hard glass from the top floor falls off (Feat at 0:22) (You can tell the glass is broken by Sandman since glass if actively falling after the punch)
This isn't quantifiable, aside from Sandman's initial punch. The scene skips over a large portion of time, and it takes him several punches to cause this amount of damage to the building. We don't even know how many it took.

I was curious, however, so I did some extra searching. Using this calculator, Mr. Sandman's fists should be carrying an energy equivalent to 0.01-0.02 kg of TNT if he performed the above in one punch. In Joules, that's 42-84 kJ.

I mean how hard would he have to punch the building to where the force was so great glass from the second floor broke.

42-84 kJ, if done in a single strike. I'm basing that on the "Minimum Range to No Break" statistic the calculator provides, and I am assuming the windows are "small". This is all just an estimate, of course.

Ah. I see. Well, he did it in at least two strikes (We see him use his left hand in the first picture and his right in the second)

I'm guessing there's already a calculation for punching through brick?

I haven't see the details but if the laser is stated to move at such speeds and weren't found with calcs, then no. If in the very same feat you get the laser speed and you can get the robot speed from the very same laser that's not calc stacking .

Podonklos said:
Wouldn't that be calc stacking?
What happened is that laser has been calced at those speeds And he can dodge them point blank. The low end is Mach 4373. The high end is Mach 14,577. I just left that for reference so there can be the high end and low end of the speeds. We know the speed of the beam. We just need to know how fast he needs to be to dodge it at such range

If the speed of the laser is only known through a calculation, then calculating his speed off of that would be calc stacking.

Podonklos said:
If the speed of the laser is only known through a calculation, then calculating his speed off of that would be calc stacking.
I'm not sure I understand what the problem would be with calcing his speed on it. We know it's speed from the calc yes. But if say. Someone had a light speed calced laser, and another person dodged it, we would use its speed to generate what speed they have Much like here. We have the speed of the Helios laser. That's what we use to see the speed needed to dodge the laser.

The difference between this and a lightspeed laser is that the latter, presumably, has its speed stated as being lightspeed. This is not stated to be "Mach 4.3-14.5k", these are calculated to be Mach 4.3-Mach 14.5k. Calculating additional speed off of a speed already calculated, not stated, is calc stacking. Almost this exact situation is laid out as being unacceptable in our page on the matter.

"Character A has a certain speed through a calculation. He can not dodge the projectiles from character B from 2 meter distance. But Character C can dodge them from 1 meter distance, so character C has to be twice as fast as character A."

As for Pain, Pain is not calc stacked. He is scaled.

No, Pain dodged a Mach 400+ FRS at point blank giving him MHS+ reaction. The reasoning behind this is because the very same FRS travelled a distance in 1 second and THEN Pain dodged it. He's not being scaled at all.

If the character dodged the very same laser with said speeds in the very same scene, then it's not calc stacking.

Podonklos said:
The difference between this and a lightspeed laser is that the latter, presumably, has its speed stated as being lightspeed. This is not stated to be "Mach 4.3-14.5k", these are calculated to be Mach 4.3-Mach 14.5k. Calculating additional speed off of a speed already calculated, not stated, is calc stacking. Almost this exact situation is laid out as being unacceptable in our page on the matter.

"Character A has a certain speed through a calculation. He can not dodge the projectiles from character B from 2 meter distance. But Character C can dodge them from 1 meter distance, so character C has to be twice as fast as character A."

As for Pain, Pain is not calc stacked. He is scaled.
I don't think your understand me. The reason it's Mach 4353 or Mach 14,577 is because it was two calcs considering it next to a certain moon. One was a closer one. One was a further one Thus, two different speeds

The speed is still always the same. If we went with the low end distance. It will always shoot at Mach 4353 If we consider the higher end distance It would always shoot at Mach 14,577.

It is a solid speed that will always move at that speed. Not in between those speeds. It's one or the other

The low end Or High end

So not calc stacking

If I'm following this correctly, this is not what we consider calc stacking. Calc stacking is trying to find someones speed scaled off the calculated speed of another character. Weapons are either absolute in speed, or differ very mildly.

I personally asked DontTalk some time ago by a similar feat and asked him about the Pain's feat. That's when he told me it's legal since it's not assuming the FRS always moves at such speed coming from one instance but the very same instance Pain dodged it.

"That's when he told me it's legal since it's not assuming the FRS always moves at such speed coming from one instance but the very same instance Pain dodged it."

This is the key difference.

The laser is not calculated to be Mach 4.3-14.5k from that instance. It's calculated to be that speed from another instance, which is then being scaled to this instance, which is then being used to calculate the speed of the character in question. Scaling between two separate instances like that isn't allowed, or else we'd have much stronger sci fi characters from repeated recursive scaling from their own weaponry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back