• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Brackets: Round 9 Robin vs Sly Marbo

Because he isn't a far better fighter. Robins dealed with people faster than him shooting at him and dodged before, he has dealed with supers who can one shot him and dodged, and the skill gap you continue to ignore the fact I've covered the points you put with robins own points which match and surpass. Like taking on a guy who has the powers of over 6 other super hero's. Taking on the Other titans and winning more than once. People who are much stronger than him. He has taken on people much faster than him and won through skill.

You haven't covered them really though.

Sky's aim/eyesight is comparable to Vindicares, the best snipers in a galaxy spanning empire, augmented with masks that can see through smoke.

Sly has easily dealt with large groups of notably efficient assasins who can teleport, with ease, he did similar feats barehanded against groups of Xenos (enough to hold a command post against the Imperium.) both were even without his full equipment.

Fighting one guy with various superpowers isn't that impressive really?

Sly is also far better then Space Marines, he alone does more with far less equipment then them, I already explained how experienced Space marines are before.

Also again, Catachan far worse then what Robin has dealt with from what I already explained above.

So again, none of those feats are that impressive.

Yes I did.

If they need masks to see through smoke; that more helps robins case in a person who doesn't have that mask.

Ok. Robins dealed with tons of skilled super natural fighters using super natural abilities of many different kinds and comes out on top. Often doesn't need his full equipment either. He does a lot of it with basic rangs and bo staff

Your seriously downplaying that feat. A guy with a seriously large variety of power and skills, and these coming from some of the deadliest or most skilled people across the planet or SS-Galaxy, topped with strength beyond robins, and yet robin came on top through sheer skill. I can easily downplay your feats just as easily by saying it that manor. And adding in the entire fighting the titans. A group of several super naturally powered and skilled fighters.

And doesn't really sound like it. Robins faced people who threaten the planet, space aliens with similar skill to star fire, and a lot more. Frankly.

So no again.

and your argument also misses several points, calling his armor useless despite the fact it covers his body and has blocked pierce weapons much stronger than his own. Which also makes poison far less useful considering that it can't pierce into him. Robin also has ways to freeze and hold him down and has fought and dodge range from people faster than him, dodged attacks from people much stronger than him, and his tech and experience, and experience agaisnt gun helps him have a huge leg up. Also has no way to counter a flash grenade, or series of flash grenades. Which would leave him blinded and gives robin even more room to get up closer

They always wear the masks when shooting though, so it makes sense that it would be included in the comparison, even if not, it is still better marksmanship then what Robin tends to deal with.

Yeah and Sly fights highly experienced super soldiers and monster that threaten them with ease and was trained since birth in one of the deadliest planets in an entire galaxy filled with deadly planets (this kills threats on the level as the aforementioned super soldiers with ease.) Let me add more detail to the previous feats since you really aren't getting it Sly captured the command post filled with Xenos with only a ration tin, which is far more impressive then using your main 2 tools against a single stronger opponent.(Robins other tools wouldn't have made that much of a difference anyway in most of these situations anyway since they aren't that different.),

Again, fighting people with abilities isn't that impressive, Sly regularly deals with groups of them or the aforementioned space marines, who you really haven't gotten to in your "counter argument." but to re-iterate They range from having many decades to hundreds of years of experience in either the worst war zones in the galaxy or even worse for the chaos marines the warp (the most chaotic, deadly place imaginable, no consistent laws, constant shifting, eldritch horrors, it can't really be described well but Robin has nothing on it.) They are also far better equipped then him (he has a knife and a pistol while they have power armor and small rocket launchers.) yet he still comes out on top. So, no

And Again, you haven't done much against the Catachan point either

Good night man. I guess I can finish this tomorrow if you have a counter.

Ok. That doesn't suddenly give Sly the ability to see through smoke. They have a special reason they can see through it. But ey doesn't share that same situation. Their natural site can't see through smoke. So he would not be capable of seeing through it.

Great. Robin fights people who threaten the city and planet on a daily basis as being a super hero. He fights with people who have been fighting for as long and if not way longer, and has skill on par with Batman. That skill is impressive. But Robins got tech with him, can fight close to Batmans level without it, and has element based attack to use if needed such as freezing him. If robin uses a freeze one, Sly is dead. That thing freezes people stronger than Sly, so sly is going to be an ice statue. So yes, I'm away Sky is skilled: but none of what you said is anything that surpasses facing supers on a daily basis who at times could even one shot Robin, but lose through his skills. Robin who also faced the other titans, super villains, the game master, and even when disguised as Red X, and the team had no reason to hold back. Robin still won. Going against people with range that could one shot him is normal, going up against someone who has range that almost can't hurt him in the chest area is going to be far easier. Robins tools make a large difference considering some like the Freeze attack one shots.

Also. Major downplay. And I'm basically done debating you on this. Quite obviously fighting someone with several upon several super natural abilities, capabilities to one shot him, faster speed than him, and yet these people still lose to him point to an extremely high level of skill. He doesn't use powers himself. He is out smattering and out spilling their abilities, and it's blantent downplay to say him fighting then isn't that impressive. Your just wrong here.

Mostly because I'm covering the points that your wrong on.

Sly really is only going to win this because of the FRA train: but frankly, you're points are downplaying the hell out of Robin. Flat out wrong about stats, downplaying skill, and overplaying Slys skill. As well as entirely ignoring several other points all together. Cause defeating super villains who threaten the very planet on a daily basis isn't impressive, Cause having training and skills Comparable to Batman isn't impressive, cause fighting a guy who had the powers of several hero's all at once going up against a guy who had no powers and just his skill and staff and he still wins isn't impressive. Cause fighting his team and winning by himself isn't impressive. Cause fighting with The Daughter Of Trigon is not impressive, Cause beating a hero much faster than him while using range based weapons and Robin still beating him isn't impressive. Cause fighting with Tamaraneans, Who are made you be tough since they are children, and are a race of warriors across the universe, and frown upon any sort of weakness, and being able to beat them isn't impressive. Heck, He hacked into Cyborg, Mid Fight against the Titans.

So, Yea. No. Don't act like fighting them is not impressive. It is comically wrong to say his skill isn't impressive. The feats he pulls off on a daily basis make him extremely impressive. And the peaks of his feat make him even more impressive.

How am I downplaying anything? This is getting ridiculous. Those feats might be impressive in vacuum just not in comparison to what I already presented for Sly.

Everything I said about the AP gap is reasonable, Sly scales to or above people who tank the feat, so Robin's AP advantage isn't that high.

Actually yeah, Training under Batman isn't that impressive here, what does Teen Titan Batman have that is Inpressive.

Tameraneans being tough since they are children? The same could be said about Sly except he grew up in a far more deadly environment (Catachan.) and is far superior better then most of his peers and even both types of Space Marines (again I already brought this up and you practically ignored it.)

"Threatening the planet." Is incredibly vauge and the same could be said about Sly, except he can handle these threats alone and with ease. (The command post, Dark Eldar (ancient torture pirates with incredibly advanced technology,) groups of teleporting Assasins, Traitor space marines, (who I already explained what they deal with (and you ignored it.) (to re-iterate, they are often stuck in, and survive, an abstract chaotic hellscape, with out basic laws like time, and such, where nothing makes sense and almost everything can kill you or make you mad, It is also where stuff like Demons and Gods live.)

In comparison to that, fighting people on your own team, that you lead and would be most informed about how they fight, isn't that impressive.

So yeah, those skill feats aren't even impressive compared to why Sly does, sorry buddy.

I'm honestly not making a response comment because we keep going in circles. We aren't going to agree on this. I say your downplaying the hell out of robins skill, trying to overplay Slys physical stats to make the AP seemingly minimal when that's just flat out wrong. Robin has good AP advantage with an even bigger durability due to his armor blocking pierce weapons on his level, and up scaling a bit from .4 tons of TNT doesnt suddenly mean he is so much stronger he jumps from 3.6 disadvantage to basically no advantage like your putting it. That's serious downplay.. And naming these feats don't impress me more than robin considering he faces supers with similar, same. Or better powers on a literal daily basis. The voters can decide who they back up. But I frankly think your downplaying the hell out of Robin here.

You really need to fix the range. Comparable to vindicares means km minimum

How am I overplaying Sky's AP or downplaying his skill?

He scales to or above people who tank the feat, so you are overplaying the AP advantage as being 3.6 times

I have shown you most of Sly's feats, explain to me how any of Robin's feats are close to them. (I am downplaying when I actually adressed your arguments and evidence, when you barely scratched the surface of what I am saying.)

Sly faces large groups of enemies, with far better technology, experience in the deadliest places in the galaxy, he grew up in a place that kills said enemies with ease, some of these instances were done unarmed or with only a knife.

I am starting to doubt that you read any of my posts at this point.

Overplaying by saying him scaling above .468 Tons of tnt (which is 3.6 times weaker than robin) makes it a times 2 advantage at best which is a no. He would be over 2 times stronger and tougher. And even tougher with bullet proof armor. Up scaling some wouldn't make that big of a jump.

And calling fighting guy with the powers of several super hero's and winning, fighting the titans and winning twice, and fighting super villains on a daily basis unimpressive is definitely downplaying it.

Yes. I'm aware. And Robin takes on supers with typically his bo staff and skills. He has fought melee combat with extremely skilled fighters and has training on par with Batman. So robin has stuff to flex on too.

I've read your posts. The fact you called that skill not very impressive is heavy downplay.

Wokistan said:
You really need to fix the range. Comparable to vindicares means km minimum
His range is put at hundreds of meters. If it's KM then he needs to have he profile changed.

Batman doesn't appear in the teen titans show

WeeklyBattles said:
Just out of curiosity what skills has Batman displayed in the Teen Titans show...?
Well. It's vaguish. He really only has the offscreen feats of being the best fighter around. He is still implied better than robin, which makes sense, but Robin is still within his league by his account. But Batman doesn't appear on screen himself

It is unimpressive in comparison to Sly's feats. Let's look at all of Sly feats that you haven't even mentioned, yet still claim Robin can match

Fighting a Command post worth of Xenos mostly unarmed

Fighting people with at least 10's to 100's of years of experience who live in an unimaginable Hellscape with ease.

Growing up and Living in one of the deadliest places in the galaxy, which even that aforementioned people die quickly in

Fighting groups of people with far better technology alone

Being considered a One man Army against the aforementioned threats.

Fighting Teleporting Assasins

Fighting random supervillains is nowhere near that no matter how much you downplay Sly

And he prolly has a few more feats anyway

Tell me, what feats does Batman have? If he has none then his training is useless.

How am I the downplaying one here buddy?

To cover first point now. You were not saying it wasn't impressive compared to Sly. You just flat out said it wasn't that impressive. Which is wrong on both those points. I'm aware of the feats you continue to repeat. I haven't forgotten them. You just are downplaying robins skill. Yea. Sly did this. You keep saying he did those feats which I'm fully aware of. But my point like fighting super villains on a normal basis and outskilling, fighting agaisnt warrior aliens much stronger than him, Hero's faster than him, someone who had extreme skill as well as powers of several hero's and still beating them through sheer skill is definitely very impressive. These villains could easily take on armies themselvesX if the TT weren't there. Plenty of people could destroy or take over the world. and the titans can stop them. And robins faced teams of these hero's by himself multiple times. Skilled fighters, Versatile fighters, experienced fighters, groups of skilled and trained fighters. People with the capacity to one shot him, or people much faster than him. Tobins going agaisnt people with super natural powers and strength better than his own and winning regardless cause he is more skilled and intelligent.' Yea. Robins undeniably skilled and I don't buy you calling Sly way more skilled. Your feats do not paint that picture to me

This argument at this point is pointless. You continue to repeat the same points and feats. Which I don't buy as far more impressive.

Yeah, and I equally don't buy into yours because they are nothing. Destroying the World really doesn't mean much

Robin is skilled but his skill feats aren't even close to being as impressive as Sly's (Living in Catachan, which kills Super soldiers with hundreds of years of Experience in a literal chaotic hellscape or fighting multiple squads of Xenos with only a tin, fighting groups of enemies with far better Technology including potent poisons and the like. Etc)

Yes this is pointless because you are so clearly downplaying Sly's skill feats and repeating the same unimpressive feats. Robin has little here and gets shot, we should be able to agree with that by now.

I'm clearly downplaying? Buddy, you literally called fighting and beating super villains capable of world domination on a daily basis not very impressive. You are seriously downplaying the hell out of what robin can do and has done. Fighting aliens who have traversed and fought across the galaxy. You treat him like him like he hasn't fought with planetary threats, people stronger than him, faster than him, several powers where he has none. That is Impressive. That is immense skill. And you are undeniably wrong to say " fighting people with abilities isn't that impressive" or " they are nothing.". Cause your wrong, that's just wrong. And you still fail to acknowledge his bullet proof armor properly, as your last argument is extremely weak.

It isn't very impressive in comparison to Sly's feats. I am not saying they are bad, but they aren't good enough.

I am not ignoring Robin's feats but they Pale in comparison to Sly's, which I already shown you.

His face is still exposed and Sly has absurdly good aim, comparable to some of the best Snipers is a Galaxy spanning imperium. So Robin gets shot.

Robin has aim dodged Pure light (something that can easily blitz him), years of experience against guns and how to avoid them, covering his body to nullify that option completely, and a don't agree on you saying he pales in comparison on skill.

Aim dodging? That's it? Aim dodging a beam of light isn't much different then aim dodging anything else.

He hasn't dealt with any Marksmen on Sly' level so his experience is moot.

You don't agree, too bad, the feats support it whether you agree or not.

And regardless of what you and I Argue. We clearly don't agree. I say your downplaying robin and have Overplayed Slys AP, you are saying I'm downplaying. We aren't getting past this wall. It's basically up to the people voting as I can't vote. And you've already voted

Ok. Let's agree to end this now. Invite some people on.

People trying to vote, you have a lot of repetition to slog through and I am sorry.

We can start the next round since we appear to be done here and just need to wait for FRA's

I can't start the next round as it would require sending the winner through on this round. Gotta wait for the votes

Gonna makes cap minimum and limit yes. This is going to be harder too since this bracket is going to require them to be a canonical loser in their verse. But I'm determined

Back