• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a Mad God vs a Windborne Bard

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I could tell Onyx scales to 8.8 Megatons
Venti to 2 Megatons, that's close to oneshot levels

Onyx has a wall of Jericho of Abilities, while Venti has just wind manipulation and it's various effects to rely on, I can't see how this isn't One sided in favor of Onyx

Onyx has a wall of Jericho of Abilities, while Venti has just wind manipulation and it's various effects to rely on, I can't see how this isn't One sided in favor of Onyx
Wouldn't Venti's Forcefield Creation be able to stop a lot of his attacks? But I'm not so sure if armor break/dura negation would bypass it. Quiet won't work due anemo being different from magic. Venti could also lower his resistances to wind and attack from the barrier as Oryx doesn't have immunity to defense reduction (exposed status effect). Oryx also wouldn't stay invulnerable for extended periods of time.

Last edited:
So, Oryx blitzes(he's MHS+), upscales so far above 8.8 Megatons that he'll probably two-shot, and has the tools to get close ridiculously easily even if you equalize speed. I don't even need to go father, even O1 wins handily with a large AP advantage and danmaku
Wouldn't Venti's Forcefield Creation be able to stop a lot of his attacks? But I'm not so sure if armor break/dura negation would bypass it. Quiet won't work due anemo being different from magic. Venti could also lower his resistances to wind and attack from the barrier as Oryx doesn't have immunity to defense reduction (exposed status effect). Oryx also wouldn't stay invulnerable for extended periods of time.
Oryx has danmaku, he swings his sword once and Venti's forcefield shatters instantly just from that. And lowering Oryx's resistance to shit doesn't matter when he's an apsolute ******* UNIT of a tank/damage sponge, Venti would need to land hundreds of thousands of attacks on Oryx to win, something he lacks the skill of dodging to ever do.

A lot of Oryx's nastier hax is OOC for combat. Which is basically possession and BFR.

Idek if I should vote, this match is a dog walk, Venti's res shred wouldn't change much and doesn't make sense that we put some Game Mechanics as abilities on the profiles
Voting Oryx though

I personally think this is a stomp, Venti Is at far too much of an AP disadvantage to do much, speed isn't equalized which means Oryx blitzes, and he kills Venti a few hits in the best case scenario for Venti while things like Exalted form are complete overkill.

I personally think this is a stomp, Venti Is at far too much of an AP disadvantage to do much, speed isn't equalized which means Oryx blitzes, and he kills Venti a few hits in the best case scenario for Venti while things like Exalted form are complete overkill.
Since this is a stomp, how do I get this thread closed?

Since this is a stomp, how do I get this thread closed?
You go to the All-purpose request thread and request it there

as a general rule of thumb with O3 or O2, you generally want a character at least 15 or higher Megatons so he doesn't have an insane AP advantage. Overall 7-B is an easy tier to make matches for but caution is still advised with things like RotMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back