• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly V.S Jiren

Yeah, I know. People are using what happened there because they are following Geekdom channel, he said that Jiren is stronger than Broly and Gogeta because UI Goku defeated Cumber easily and Vegito Blue Kaioken couldn't do it.

All Bleach movies are non-canon except the first movie I think so.

I have heard once that this girl from the first movie is Rukia's daughter but from different timeline.

Genericstickman said:
I'm pretty sure the novels don't contradict stuff that happens in the manga
It does. Aizen in the manga lost the Hogyoku, but the novel contradict that by saying he still has it.

Ant would shut that shit down immediately. Also just because Toriyama designed 21, Towa, Mira and Chronoa, that doesn't make them Canon. He came up with how the characters look yes, but he didn't create them.

Eiichiro Oda has a massive role in One Piece Strong World's creation, but it's not canon. If you say that Heroes is Canon, that would mean that GT is canon too, and we know that it's not.

Heroes isn't canon, DB Fighters Z isn't canon either. The only canon DB media out there are the original manga and DBS anime.

Heroes wank UI because it's new and they abused the hell out of fusion in their stories so of course it doesn't look that special in heroes anymore.

They're "canon" (official material) but they don't share the same continuity.

By that logic nothing is "Not-canon" except fanfictions since they all comes from official source. They are still irrelevant to the main story.

It works like this:

Everything created by the original author/those with licenses over the property is, by definition, "canon". But we often use canon to refer to continuity since both have become interchangeable. Regardless, all official material is canon and that's why we can allow profiles for DBH and DBX but not DB Absalom or DB Multiverse, which are "fanon".

Examples of "canon/continuity":

DBGT and the DBZ movies are canon to Toei DB.

DBS is canon to the original Dragon Ball manga

DBS Broly is canon to DBS

Etc.

I mean, you only chaged the usage of the word but fair point. Games canon and lore are still irrelevant to the main story which is what people refer by using the world "Canon"

The guy above tried to say Jiren > Broly using DBH logic, and far I am aware, DBS Broly isn't even in DBH yet.

To put this into context Dragon Ball Heroes Jiren is not canon to the Jiren who is featured in this debate. Low 2-C Jiren vs Low 2-C Broly.

@Zero

I agree, you cannot use DBH logic for DBS. I just am trying to clear up the whole "non-canon!" arguments I see everywhere since it can cause problems with our alternative cano profiles if left unaddressed.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Eiichiro Oda has a massive role in One Piece Strong World's creation, but it's not canon. If you say that Heroes is Canon, that would mean that GT is canon too, and we know that it's not.
I thought Dragon Ball GT is canon since AkiraToriyama designed Super Saiyan 4 transformation?

GT is canon to the movies and DBZ anime.

DBS doesn't work with GT timeline tbh. Although DBS is starting not to make sense even for DBZ ending.

The problem is can Full Power Broly can take on Awakened Jiren. The ans is Yes but it will take time for Broly to Overpower him so if Jiren goes all out from the get go RIP Broly

No, Broly has a great durability...he should be now somewhere near to Jiren in power or at the same level.

Don't forget, he took too many punches from Gogeta blue who can stomp Jiren in my opninion, but you can see that he is still fighting, he took a stardust breaker (soul punisher) but even though he could fight more. I dont believe that Jiren attacks are stronger than Gogeta.

Even without any development, Broly now is very close to Jiren or may be even stronger, Jiren can't win against him anyway.

But Jiren has experience in fighting thats will help him against broly, though it will not help if broly improve and the gap in power become higher than before.

Jiren has way too many vague statements while Broly straight up has two of the most blatant statements to the point that makes me question why this is even still a debate.

All the statements about Jiren are from magazines except whis' statement. We can't take a statement from a magazines, but if we want we must take what Saiku Jump said about Broly being the strongest foe ever so nothing change Broly still can win against Jiren.

Back