• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly V.S Jiren 2 Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last thread got maxed out at aprox 500 messages so I'll just make another thread here. Same rules as my previous thread. Which are:

"Super Saiyan Broly V.S Limit Breaker Jiren Speed Equalized (Is this even necessary? It's dragonball lmao) Battle takes place in the arena that was used for the universal tournament. Except there are no restrictions on flying or such."

Who wins and why?

Jiren takes this with low-diff. If this was Super Saiyan Broly (Full power), it would be a stomp in Broly's favor.

My reasons for my vote include LB Jiren fighting on par with, if not higher than MUI Goku for a short amount of time before getting kicked to the curb after Goku got a rage boost.

Meanwhile, Super Saiyan Broly scales from being able to man-handle Post-TOP Frieza for an hour, who scales to being around Goku's Second Ultra Instinct Omen (according to most peeps on here). This would put Super Saiyan Broly above Goku's Ultra Instinct Omen 2, meanwhile it takes a Mastered Ultra Instinct to harm LB Jiren.

My vote goes to Jiren for these reasons.

Again, If this were Super Saiyan Broly (Full Power), Broly would stomp, but this is not the case. Super Saiyan Broly is being used, not Super Saiyan Broly (Full Power).

remind me again what this website's Low 2-C ranking is and also why we consider the quote from frieza that wasn't in the movie cannon?

assuming that jiren and broly are around the same Low 2-C level, I'd say jiren because of his precog.

If Broly was fighting with everything he got, the same way he did to Gogeta Blue, then no doubt he would beat jiren. But assuming that his Super Sayan had more trouble in fighting with Goku and Vegeta Blue (something that Jiren did without too much effort in the ToP), Jiren would win because he's using his full power, and broly isn't.

Ps: I really don't see why we're not using Broly's full power.

You had to bring this up, huh?

Seeing as UI and LB are completely and utterly unquantifiable, I can not utilise mathematics. In regards to statements and scans, it is stated UI Goku 'possibly' surpasses Beerus and it is stated in the Broly film that Broly 'probably' surpasses Beerus.

Jiren was keeping up with UI Goku despite Goku having all of the advantages of UI such as automatic movements. I suggest this to mean Jiren is considerably stronger than UI Goku, especially considering LB Jiren has many feats of overpowering UI Goku whereas UI Goku fought primarily through counters.

Enraged UI Goku > LB Jiren > UI Goku = FPSS Broly

Jiren has much greater skill than Broly and is considerably stronger than FPSS Broly, so I would claim Jiren takes this.

However, Broly has his insane adaptive abilities, He went from being stomped by SS Vegeta to stomping around SSG Vegeta and Goku within minutes. He then went on to compare to SSB Goku and stomp them both around in SS. The gap between SS and SSB is at least thousands and Broly went from matching SS Gogeta to holding up to SSB Gogeta despite a huge power gap at the start.

This adaptive ability isn't limited to power either, Broly is noted as learning as he fights by Vegeta and was capable of instantly learning Goku's God Bind technique after witnessing it only once.

Overall, Jiren has the immediate advantage in this fight but Broly could very easily surpass Jiren within moments in terms of power and maybe even skill.

The issue is that we don't know how much stronger Broly can become and NLF would heavily oppose the 'Broly wins' argument.

Overall, I will vote Jiren with high-difficulty. I can see Broly taking this but we don't really know how much higher his power can adapt.

@mayo do you think jiren would analyze broly's adaptive capablities and go for the quick RKO?

@mayo also do you think it would be possible to for broly to learn jiren's analytical prediction?

It's really hard for me to accept Jiren as having 'analytical prediction'. Realistically speaking, his power alone enables him to blitz 99% of characters in DB, meaning he wouldn't even need analytical prediction. His mind and body should be fast enough that he can just outpace anyone else.

People can point to him predicting Hit, but Jiren has far more time to think and predict Hit (due to being far faster) and him punching an intangible Hit is somewhat questionable, considering DB characters casually tear through spacetime and Goku already tore through Hit's dimension with raw power as a mere Blue.

I think only Goku, Vegeta, Frieza and Hit have any basis for Analytical Prediction.

As for Broly...it's hard to say due to NLF but I do think he has the potential to learn it from fighting someone with analytical prediction. It seems like something you can learn in DB via mental training after all.

I'll vote for Jiren if this isn't considered a stomp. Jiren has a far more impressive scaling above Blue tiers and even GoDs than SSJ Broly has. I could argue for even Base Jiren winning this fight.

I suggest either changing this to Jiren at his Base or Broly at his peak.

This has a quote that translates to: "I've never seen such an amazing opponent, so strong. Beaten up by the strongest ever, Broly."

A Quote from the light novel says "no being that could've won against this Broly"

Both Goku and Freeza say they've never even seen someone so strong, even as a mere SSJ.

Broly in just ssj gets beat honestly. only his FPssj form scales him at around Jiren level, or higher if beerus is in such a pedestal. if its FPssj, then broly can take this do to his insane adaptability. he would probably be inexpirienced to land a blow on jiren, but broly would likely suck those blows up until his power dwarfs jiren.

Zamasu Chan said:
This has a quote that translates to: "I've never seen such an amazing opponent, so strong. Beaten up by the strongest ever, Broly."

A Quote from the light novel says "no being that could've won against this Broly"

Both Goku and Freeza say they've never even seen someone so strong, even as a mere SSJ.
Now I am confused. This would make mere SSJ Gogeta and SSJ Broly above LB Jiren hence far above Beerus. That's too much lol

Zamasu Chan said:

why do we consider the source of those quotes valid again?

Zamasu Chan said:
The question is actually, why not?
The second statement that came from the light novel was written by Toyotaro right? Since this website considers the manga and the anime separate cannons how those statements would line up with the movie is questionable. As for the first link I would just like to know who wrote those statements and if they are in a part of the staff writers for the anime or in any way involved with the movie. If they are I would have no issue with that first statement.

Zamasu Chan said:
The movie is canon to both the anime and the manga.
I'm aware, but it's questionable because frieza's statement about Broly being the strongest person in existence is within the context of Toyotaro representing jiren as baseline universal in the manga.

Toyotaro wrote the statement of frieza claiming broly to be the strongest being in existence right?

This website considers the cannon of the manga and the anime separate and thus the scaling is different. Anime= Low 2-C, manga= 3-A. My question is where do we draw the scaling from if the movie is both of them? Are we choosing the higher level one just because? If we choose to scale the movie from the anime and not the manga why would we take a statement from the manga writer and scale it from the anime's level of feats?

That makes more sense, for some reason in the link you gave me people were saying that it was written by Toyotaro.

I still question where we should draw the scaling from for the movie but that's a discussion for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back