• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto Rasengan Uzuhiko Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
Recently, I made this accepted calc based upon the new information presented to us in the official Boruto WSJ website. This thread’s purpose is to discuss the validity of implementing this calc in scaling. If it’s deemed valid I will make an actual scaling thread afterwards to determine who would scale to it.

Discussion
The website (linked in the calc blog itself) states that Uzuhiko utilizes the orbit of Earth about the Sun and the rotation of Earth about its own axis in the power of the Uzuhiko. The discussion to be had is whether or not said assumptions within the calc are valid, and thus Uzuhiko can be scaled to the calculated value. I have my own tentative opinions on the matter, but will wait for the discussion to begin to chime in.

Conclusion
Please use this thread to discuss whether or not the Uzuhiko’s AP should scale to the 5-B value in the calc or not. And again, this is not a scaling thread, the answer to “who will scale to this” will be answered in a follow up thread if it’s determined that Uzuhiko is 5-B.

Calc assumptions are fine: DDM, Dereck, Tracer, Maverick
Neutral: Damage
Calc assumptions aren’t fine:

Last edited:
biggestbird.jpg

The rotation is what does damage for rasengans right? Though this seems to put that energy into the body so seems fine.

So essentially all the calc is using is the energy of the Earth's orbit around the sun right? Is it per second or a flat result or what?

With how the Jutsu is described to be a nigh-permanent Jutsu by Boruto (as long as the planet is alive the Jutsu will be active.)

it doesn't seem to be the case that Boruto is capable of simply using some small unquantifiable amount of the earth rotational KE to power his jutsu, rather he just connects his jutsu to the planet's chakra and in doing so creates a self-sustain jutsu via the earth's "ceaseless" rotation.

to put it more bluntly rather than grabbing a bit of planet chakra to make his jutsu work, he opens the door for his Planet's Chakra to directly affect his target both physically and mentally as the Database described, we even see through Daemon's comment that immediately after the jutsu's usage the planet shakes.

With Koji also comments that Boruto's "recklessness" could have destroyed the planet, which you could argue is him referring to Boruto using Uzuhiko on Code for as long as he did to make him submit, as Boruto does comment on being surprised the Uzuhiko didn't take out Code with its initial hit.

I don't see a reason this can't be used outside of issues with the calc itself if any come up.

Doesn't the attack work by pulling chakra from the planet's rotation?
No, it works by tethering a person to the rotational forces of the planet.
The chakra of the planet's rotation =/= the energy of the planet's rotation
the databook say it specifically uses the planet's rotation, axis, and orbit + the corresponding centrifugal forces.

That's pretty blatantly referring to the kinetic energy of the planet spinning.

A planet's "chakra" is just its overall life force which the rotational KE of the planet is just an aspect of.

Bort basically accesses the planet's life force to use the energy of the planet spinning + his own power for an attack.

Last edited:
Intro
Recently, I made this accepted calc based upon the new information presented to us in the official Boruto WSJ website. This thread’s purpose is to discuss the validity of implementing this calc in scaling. If it’s deemed valid I will make an actual scaling thread afterwards to determine who would scale to it.

Discussion
The website (linked in the calc blog itself) states that Uzuhiko utilizes the orbit of Earth about the Sun and the rotation of Earth about its own axis in the power of the Uzuhiko. The discussion to be had is whether or not said assumptions within the calc are valid, and thus Uzuhiko can be scaled to the calculated value. I have my own tentative opinions on the matter, but will wait for the discussion to begin to chime in.

Conclusion
Please use this thread to discuss whether or not the Uzuhiko’s AP should scale to the 5-B value in the calc or not. And again, this is not a scaling thread, the answer to “who will scale to this” will be answered in a follow up thread if it’s determined that Uzuhiko is 5-B.

Calc assumptions are fine:
Neutral:
Calc assumptions aren’t fine:
The assumptions are fine. I think they were pretty specific in the explanation .
I also think the "other forces would be explained later" but for now this is fine

No, it works by tethering a person to the rotational forces of the planet.
You are referring to the first paragraph right? In which case the paragraph I linked clarifies that the planetary forces he’s referring to are the planet’s chakra “refers to the planetary energy used for Uzuhiko as a ‘planet's chakra’.”
the databook say it specifically uses the planet's rotation, axis, and orbit + the corresponding centrifugal forces.
Said things make up a part of the planet’s chakra as he says.
That's pretty blatantly referring to the kinetic energy of the planet spinning.

A planet's "chakra" is just its overall life force which the rotational KE of the planet is just an aspect of.

Bort basically accesses the planet's life force to use the energy of the planet spinning + his own power for an attack.
The “life force” you are referring to is chakra. Using the chakra of something does not make you as powerful as it. We know that speed and weight also factor into the energy of an attack in the Narutoverse (Guy and Lee)

You are referring to the first paragraph right? In which case the paragraph I linked clarifies that the planetary forces he’s referring to are the planet’s chakra “refers to the planetary energy used for Uzuhiko as a ‘planet's chakra’.”
You’re falsely equating ALL of the planet’s chakra with the energy value in the blog. Which just isn’t the case.

The “life force” you are referring to is chakra. Using the chakra of something does not make you as powerful as it. We know that speed and weight also factor into the energy of an attack in the Narutoverse (Guy and Lee)
No one is claiming that Boruto is using ALL the planet’s chakra and thus scales to ALL the latent energy associated with the planet.

Moron I think you’re conflating the claim made implicitly by the blog and explicitly by Net with the claim that Uzuhiko is scaling to all the energy associated with the planet’s chakra. In which case you’d be correct, there’s no reason to assume Boruto is accessing every joule of energy of the planet in a single go. However, that’s not what Net is arguing nor is it what the calc asserts. Therefore, you’re fighting a strawman.

You’re falsely equating ALL of the planet’s chakra with the energy value in the blog. Which just isn’t the case.

No one is claiming that Boruto is using ALL the planet’s chakra and thus scales to ALL the latent energy associated with the planet.

Moron I think you’re conflating the claim made implicitly by the blog and explicitly by Net with the claim that Uzuhiko is scaling to all the energy associated with the planet’s chakra. In which case you’d be correct, there’s no reason to assume Boruto is accessing every joule of energy of the planet in a single go. However, that’s not what Net is arguing nor is it what the calc asserts. Therefore, you’re fighting a strawman.
Wrong. I’m claiming that it uses the chakra of said forces, rather than the forces themselves and therefore doesn’t scale to them. I’m also a little dubious on the rotational energy, since it’s based on a real life thing wouldn’t the earth destroy itself if it was producing 500+ Zettatons?

I’m also a little dubious on the rotational energy, since it’s based on a real life thing wouldn’t the earth destroy itself if it was producing 500+ Zettatons?
Bruh.

Do you not know how kinetic energy works? Just because a moving body has kinetic energy in it doesn't mean it's gonna destroy itself. This is very basic. A travelling bullet always has enough energy to destroy itself and more. The only way it's gonna destroy itself is if it hits something and stops. That way the kinetic energy is dispersed inside the bullet causing it to break. Similarly as long as nothing stops the Earth from moving, the kinetic energy is not gonna destroy Earth. This is the reason why in car crashes, the car is destroyed after it crashes and not while it is moving.

Wrong. I’m claiming that it uses the chakra of said forces, rather than the forces themselves and therefore doesn’t scale to them. I’m also a little dubious on the rotational energy, since it’s based on a real life thing wouldn’t the earth destroy itself if it was producing 500+ Zettatons?
First, the database explicitly states it uses the forces themselves. Word for word, so your claim is incorrect. Second, those 600ish Zettatons is the KE of the Earth moving around the Sun. That’s what our Earth does IRL and that’s the IRL KE too. Something can move with KE beyond its GBE, and it will be fine. If you put a giant wall in the path of Earth’s orbit around the Sun, then we’d have an issue, because the Earth would slam into that giant wall with KE greater than its GBE and destroy itself. But zero collisions are occurring so no the value does not contradict any physics or calc rules of the sort.
image0.jpg

First, the database explicitly states it uses the forces themselves. Word for word, so your claim is incorrect.
Word for word says my claim. It actually mentions nothing about using the force itself rather than the chakra. In fact the phrase being precede by "one's own chakra" as well as [the planet's chakra] instead the text is using what the chakra is sourced from before clarifying later on.
zYysImL.png

The energy he's using in this attack is the chakra of the planet. No debate to be had.

No, the thing used is "planetary energy". What Boruto "calls" it is "planetary chakra". What it isn't is "nature energy".

This is the word for word interpretation of the line you highlighted. You are completely misunderstanding the purpose of that statement.
Correct. What Boruto is actually using, and moron pay attention here, is the planet’s energy. What he calls it is the planet’s chakra, that doesn’t change the fact tho that what he is actually utilizing is the planet’s energy.

No, the thing used is "planetary energy". What Boruto "calls" it is "planetary chakra". What it isn't is "nature energy".

This is the word for word interpretation of the line you highlighted. You are completely misunderstanding the purpose of that statement.
Then Boruto doesn't even know how his attack works? Its sourcing Boruto for what the planetary energy is.

Correct. What Boruto is actually using, and moron pay attention here, is the planet’s energy. What he calls it is the planet’s chakra, that doesn’t change the fact tho that what he is actually utilizing is the planet’s energy.
Don't talk down to me. I understand what you are saying, I just don't agree.

Supported by nothing. If they are totally different things then Boruto is just misinforming the audience which he has no reason to do.
It’s supported by the database telling us verbatim that 1) Boruto is utilizing the corresponding forces of Earth’s orbit and rotation and 2) that Boruto is using the planet’s energy. Not once does it say Boruto is instead using planet chakra. All it says is that Boruto refers to planet energy as planet chakra, which as I already explained is just a colloquialism. He’s not being hyper literal when he himself explains it, therefore he’s not misinformed when he explains it, you are insisting he’s speaking literally and thus misinformed when that is unsubstantiated. Furthermore, even if Boruto was speaking hyper literally he can just be wrong, the database is an omniscient narrator, they’d take precedence over Boruto’s explanation anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back