• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto Rasengan Uzuhiko Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh. This is one of the most blatant descriptions I have seen in Naruto and in general (JJK excluded). The scientific terms used (like centrifugal force) shows that the author knows what he's talking about. So...
tumblr_nrx0cvVIYr1uouf1fo1_640.gif

1) Boruto is utilizing the corresponding forces of Earth’s orbit and rotation
He's using the planet's chakra. The databook explains as much. It never once states that the "planet energy" isn't chakra, just that its not senjutsu chakra.
that Boruto is using the planet’s energy. Not once does it say Boruto is instead using planet chakra. All it says is that Boruto refers to planet energy as planet chakra, which as I already explained is just a colloquialism. He’s not being hyper literal when he himself explains it, therefore he’s not misinformed when he explains it, you are insisting he’s speaking literally and thus misinformed when that is unsubstantiated.
Your claim that he's using a colloquialism is also unsubstantiated since there is no reason to do so. Your claim that its "because its a term he knows" is just an assumption.

I'm neutral on this; just because the Rasengan it utilizing the planet's Kinetic Energy as part of the attack doesn't necessarily mean it is using all of the energy at once. Logically speaking if you converted the planet's entire kinetic energy into an attack, the planet would stop moving but on the other hand it's fiction where physics gets a bit vague and anything goes. I don't fault people who's interpretation is that the attack does use the planet's entire K.E.

He's using the planet's chakra. The databook explains as much. It never once states that the "planet energy" isn't chakra, just that its not senjutsu chakra.

Your claim that he's using a colloquialism is also unsubstantiated since there is no reason to do so. Your claim that its "because its a term he knows" is just an assumption.
Word for word the database says he’s using the planet’s energy and the forces corresponding to orbit and rotation. I’m not going to keep going in circles with you about this, so we can leave it off here. I’ll stick with what the database says verbatim tho.

My claim that it’s a colloquialism isn’t unsubstantiated. It’s inferred from the fact that the database says that what Boruto is actually using is the planet’s energy, and he just CALLS it the planet’s chakra, despite it being the planet’s energy instead.

Word for word the database says he’s using the planet’s energy and the forces corresponding to orbit and rotation. I’m not going to keep going in circles with you about this, so we can leave it off here. I’ll stick with what the database says verbatim tho.

My claim that it’s a colloquialism isn’t unsubstantiated. It’s inferred from the fact that the database says that what Boruto is actually using is the planet’s energy, and he just CALLS it the planet’s chakra, despite it being the planet’s energy instead.
Yeah this is a good place to cut it off. I've made my point.

I'm neutral on this; just because the Rasengan it utilizing the planet's Kinetic Energy as part of the attack doesn't necessarily mean it is using all of the energy at once. Logically speaking if you converted the planet's entire kinetic energy into an attack, the planet would stop moving but on the other hand it's fiction where physics gets a bit vague and anything goes. I don't fault people who's interpretation is that the attack does use the planet's entire K.E.
I’d be inclined to remain neutral as well. However, Boruto (the series and the database) seems to treat the planetary motion as perpetual, which obviously perpetual motion is physically impossible because energy dissipates etc etc. that being said, if something were perpetual, said energy would not dissipate, thus allowing for Boruto to utilize equivalent energy as per the calc without causing the planet to entirely stop.

I can see how that could be weird to accept though, so I’ll respect your neutrality in that regard.

My take. I believe Boruto is utilizing the entire energy.

My reasoning is the lack of specificity. It would be more realistic for the author to directly tell us that Boruto utilizes a portion or part of the rotational forces.

Not getting that direct info, to some degree, is evident that the author's intent is to go with the generally accepted scientific value, which is the entire thing.

Add me to agree. I think it’s straightforward, and I think the implication here is that the entire energy is used, not a unquantifiable portion of it. This is so “hyper-detailed” (For the Verse) to the point that, if they didn’t mean for us to take it as all, it would’ve been specified.

This is a reasonable assumption, but the 5-B interpretation seems more likely.

I generally agree that the lack of narrowing does make it sound like it's utilizing the whole orbit KE instead of just an unquantifiable part. Also this might be helpful to put here.

自身のチャクラに加え、惑星の自転や公転、それに伴う遠心力などのエネルギーを取り込み形成する新たな螺旋丸。

ボルトはこれら星の運動に纏わるエネルギーを「星のチャクラ」と称しているが、ナルトやミツキが「仙人モード」の際に使用する「自然エネルギー」とは別物である。

A new Rasengan that is formed by incorporating not only one's own chakra but also the energy from the rotation and revolution of the planet, as well as the centrifugal force that accompanies it.

Boruto refers to this energy related to the movement of the stars as 'star chakra,' but it is different from the 'natural energy' that Naruto and Mitsuki use when in 'Sage Mode.

That doesn’t say star, that says planet. No “hoshi” gooning here

Edit: I will say the Japanese makes it much clearer that it is indeed the energy of the planet’s motion, rather than just “planet energy” referring to it as “the energy related to the motion of the planet”.

Last edited:
It's nice Kishimito is offering more info. Leaning towards neutral at the moment because there's one thing that I'm puzzled about that makes question how the calc.

It states the rasengan absorbs/takes in the energy from the earth's rotation from the planets rotation, revolution and centrifugal force that accompanies it, but wouldn't that reduce the planets movement to zero since that KE is absorbed into the rasengan? It doesn't seem the rotation or revolution is treated as perpetual especially since Boruto told Code the damage would be semi-permanent

Considering the planet is still rotating and revolving, wouldn't the absorbed energy/forces scale below their full values?

However, Boruto (the series and the database) seems to treat the planetary motion as perpetual, which obviously perpetual motion is physically impossible because energy dissipates etc etc. that being said, if something were perpetual, said energy would not dissipate, thus allowing for Boruto to utilize equivalent energy as per the calc without causing the planet to entirely stop.

The data base mentions some of the text varies due to machine translated text hence why I was looking at the raws once MinatoSparkle brought attention to it (Which I why I started looking more into the statement) The statement is "さらに、星の回転が半永久的であるの" which roughly says "Furthermore, the planet's rotation is semi-permanent." as shown in bold.

So it suggest the energy itself disappears over a long period of time, hence not perpetual.

Regardless leaning towards "neutral" to give it more thought.

s "さらに、星の回転が半永久的であるの" which roughly says "Furthermore, the planet's rotation is semi-permanent." as shown in bold.
nah, the semi permanent part comes from the chapter itself, its explained its semi permanent to the user because the assumption is that they will die before the planet stops spinning.

Screenshot_2024-05-29_184744.png

I don't know why people are throwing out 'Author said this' ' the databooks said this'
Ikemoto and kishimoto didnt write that article.
Anyway I agree with this thread.

I don't know why people are throwing out 'Author said this' ' the databooks said this'
Ikemoto and kishimoto didnt write that article.
Anyway I agree with this thread.
Probably, but that same site is where the popularity polls for Naruto characters were made, and Kishi was 100% involved with that.
We got Minato one-shot out of that.

also I will say thay the argument that Boruto said "planet's chakra" instead of "planet's energy" doesn't disprove the official database, because in both the anime and manga, BORUTO uses energy and chakra rather synonymously. I'd like to pull up some examples but I'm on mobile, so maybe later if I care enough to I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back