• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto Rasengan Uzuhiko Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
we’ve gotten 3 statements corresponding to planet nuking
“Likely” would be a downplay, especially when there’s no evidence to the refutation, only appeal to reality
I'm skeptical of those statements hence why I suggested possibly.

Nah their opponent was Base Six Paths Sasuke wtf 😭

Dawg this shit ain't that serious 💀

Sasuke_serious_meme.png

With the only real argument in opposition being mild skepticism at best, from someone who’s currently neutral and even admitted to seeing the logic behind it all, a full on rating seems to make more sense at least for now.

Last edited:
nah, the semi permanent part comes from the chapter itself, its explained its semi permanent to the user because the assumption is that they will die before the planet stops spinning.

Screenshot_2024-05-29_184744.png
I think you might have misunderstood what I was saying. Apologies so I'll try to be clear.

Arc7Kuroi suggested that the rotation of the planet is perpetual because because of the statement below. The English translation calls it "unceasing"

Screenshot-20240529-194704-Gallery.jpg

Another user tried to insist that the text says "star" which prompted me to double check the kanji since the site says machine translations can cause the translations to vary.

Screenshot-20240529-122633-Chrome.jpg

So I double checked the kanji which makes no mention of the rotation being perpetual or unceasing.

The original kamji says"さらに、星の回転が半永久的であるの と同様、「渦彦」による効果も決して消" which calls the planets rotation "半永久的 " which translates to semi-permanent, and not unceasing.

Screenshot-20240529-194630-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20240529-194816-Google.jpg

Also ,this is separate from Boruto calling the damage semi-permanent. So I was saying that Boruto calling the damage semi-permanent is supported by the fact that the data book called the earth's rotation itself semi-permanent which means the rotation is not perpetual, and will eventually end someday in the far future just like earth irl (since it slows down by a tiny fraction every year)

That's all I was saying that rotation is actually called semi-permanent rather than unceasing.

Just because a body has perpetual motion does not mean it cannot be stopped. Earth will stop rotating one day even without the decline in rotation because the Solar system will end one day. Nobody in their right mind here is suggesting that perpetual motion means motion till the end of time regardless of other factors.

My point was more so that it was effectively perpetual. Like I don't think Boruto's Earth will rotate for a literal INFINITE amount of time. Stop semantics gooning.
Slim, can you relax? Your clarification is all you had to say. Im neutral on the topic anyway. Damage brought up a valid point that I also felt was worth addressing.

You and I both agree that the earth's rotation is going to end someday in verse like irl, and not truly perpetual, that's all.

Slim, can you relax?
🤓
I am calm tho, don’t read too deeply into a mild message bubba.

Your clarification is all you had to say. Im neutral on the topic anyway. Damage brought up a valid point that that I also felt was worth addressing.

You and I both agree that the earth's rotation is going to end someway in verse, and not truly perpetual, that's all.
Yup :D

I’ve been thinking about this, but in the manga itself Boruto places much more emphasis on the energy/chakra of the planet’s rotation being used rather than the orbit. So does Daemon. That suggests it uses more of the energy/chakra of the planet’s rotation rather than orbit.

That’s not inherently true, and them mentioning the Earth’s rotation more than the orbit can just be a byproduct of the rotation having more immediate effects on the residents of the planet than the orbit in terms of proximity. But regardless Boruto not explicitly mentioning the orbit in the manga is in no way a defeater the previous interpretations that the majority agree upon. It’s a non sequitur, the claim of “Uzuhiko only primarily utilizes rotation not orbit energy” does not logically follow from “Boruto didn’t explicitly make reference to the orbit”. Boruto doesn’t need to describe his jutsu in detail, that’s what a database is for.

That’s not inherently true, and them mentioning the Earth’s rotation more than the orbit can just be a byproduct of the rotation having more immediate effects on the residents of the planet than the orbit in terms of proximity.
That could work except it would only apply to Daemon since Kashin Koji explicitly states Boruto wasn’t thinking about the effects that Uzuhiko would have on the planet. In this scenario, it would make more sense for him to mention where the majority of the energy comes from. Especially since he’s trying to intimidate Code, and therefore mentioning the more powerful force would make more sense.
But regardless Boruto not explicitly mentioning the orbit in the manga is in no way a defeater the previous interpretations
It wouldn’t be if I was making the claim that it only uses the planet’s rotation instead of the rotation making up a more significant part of the attack.
the majority agree upon.
The majority agreeing on something is in no way relevant to this I don’t know why you brought it up. The majority can be wrong, for example most people believed the earth was flat, which is obviously not true. The majority agreeing does not make it true and not even necessarily more likely.
upon. It’s a non sequitur, the claim of “Uzuhiko only primarily utilizes rotation not orbit energy” does not logically follow from “Boruto didn’t explicitly make reference to the orbit”. Boruto doesn’t need to describe his jutsu in detail, that’s what a database is for.
Too bad my claim isn’t that it it only primarily uses rotation energy, just that it uses more rotation energy than it does orbit energy. Good job debunking that straw man though.

That could work except it would only apply to Daemon since Kashin Koji explicitly states Boruto wasn’t thinking about the effects that Uzuhiko would have on the planet. In this scenario, it would make more sense for him to mention where the majority of the energy comes from. Especially since he’s trying to intimidate Code, and therefore mentioning the more powerful force would make more sense.
You’re misinterpreting the manga. The reason Boruto talks about the spin to Code is described explicitly while talking to Code. Boruto mentions the spin, because when he’s talking to Code he says “you’ll die before the planet stops spinning”. There’s nothing in his statement that suggests or implies “the Uzuhiko primarily utilizes rotation over orbit energy”.

It wouldn’t be if I was making the claim that it only uses the planet’s rotation instead of the rotation making up a more significant part of the attack.
I know you’re claiming that it primarily uses rotation.

The majority agreeing on something is in no way relevant to this I don’t know why you brought it up. The majority can be wrong, for example most people believed the earth was flat, which is obviously not true. The majority agreeing does not make it true and not even necessarily more likely.
I never claimed majority = right. I just didn’t feel like restating the entire pro side claim of the Uzuhiko so I shorthanded it by mentioning the majority agreement.

Too bad my claim isn’t that it it only primarily uses rotation energy, just that it uses more rotation energy than it does orbit energy. Good job debunking that straw man though.
You’re misrepresenting my message. I know you’re not saying “it’s not using any orbit energy” as that would just be objectively incorrect. My prior point remains the same and still holds.

You’re misinterpreting the manga. The reason Boruto talks about the spin to Code is described explicitly while talking to Code. Boruto mentions the spin, because when he’s talking to Code he says “you’ll die before the planet stops spinning”. There’s nothing in his statement that suggests or implies “the Uzuhiko primarily utilizes rotation over orbit energy”.

I know you’re claiming that it primarily uses rotation.

I never claimed majority = right. I just didn’t feel like restating the entire pro side claim of the Uzuhiko so I shorthanded it by mentioning the majority agreement.

You’re misrepresenting my message. I know you’re not saying “it’s not using any orbit energy” as that would just be objectively incorrect. My prior point remains the same and still holds.
I’ll drop my final response tomorrow.

Also, Daemon’s first impressions while sitting in his living room and Boruto’s self-admitted brief summary to Code of how the Jutsu works are still less important than the detailed and omniscient Databook Entry on it that explains that it does involves Orbit, Centrifugal Force, and Rotational Energy.

Boruto is explaining the power coursing through Code's body.
Boruto: "The planet's chakra... A Rasengan infused with its rotation... That is Uzuhiko. Now... that power coursing through your body will never disappear, just like how a planet's rotation never ends."
He doesn't even mention the planet's orbit, and Code does not feel the orbit. Its just narratively much more emphasized than the power of the orbit. This is just supporting evidence though. What's worse (and my main point) is that Code is just actively being damaged by the effects of the planet's rotation which seemingly is the only part that stays after the initial impact considering that the orbit is never mentioned by Boruto or in the database (that is, during the aftereffects). You could make the claim that the damage that Boruto is talking about is the vertigo induced by the rotation, however he later specifies that the damage from the aftereffects would kill Code. Despite this Code can withstand the "full energy" of the planet's orbit earlier.
“Uzuhiko only primarily utilizes rotation not orbit energy” does not logically follow from “Boruto didn’t explicitly make reference to the orbit”
It in fact does, as thinking logically if it made up the brunt of the impact he would have said something about it, or the narrative would have presented it as more important.

It's narratively much more emphasized because the main aspect of the jutsu is the psychological damage caused by the "endless" spinning
Something the database reaffirms
In addition to the damage that a standard Rasengan causes, it destroys the target's sense of balance, debilitating them.
Due to the unceasing nature of planetary movement, the effects of Uzuhiko do not fade, resulting in not just physical harm but untold psychological damage.
Same way the speed of kirin is the more emphasized aspect of the jutsu rather than the 6-C explosion
Of course, code will eventually die. It's not as if he has H3-A organs

He doesn't even mention the planet's orbit, and Code does not feel the orbit. Its just narratively much more emphasized than the power of the orbit. This is just supporting evidence though. What's worse (and my main point) is that Code is just actively being damaged by the effects of the planet's rotation which seemingly is the only part that stays after the initial impact considering that the orbit is never mentioned by Boruto or in the database (that is, during the aftereffects). You could make the claim that the damage that Boruto is talking about is the vertigo induced by the rotation, however he later specifies that the damage from the aftereffects would kill Code. Despite this Code can withstand the "full energy" of the planet's orbit earlier.

It in fact does, as thinking logically if it made up the brunt of the impact he would have said something about it, or the narrative would have presented it as more important.
When Code experienced the full psychological damage (vertigo's full effect), he holds his head:

3Px32N6.jpg

But the physical impact and damage of Uzuhiko is centered at the gut, and it was indeed continuous. Code was holding his gut most of the time. The first time after full impact:

IQqBYsh.jpeg

And even to the point of collapse. The "ugh" is a reaction as a sign of sensation of physical pain.while holding his gut.

h4gckWC.jpg

And his hand never goes back to his gut when Uzuhiko was cancelled by Boruto.

Last edited:

He doesn't even mention the planet's orbit,
why does he need to? Not every series will have someone break into a long dialogue about the finer details of the mechanics of every technique they use.

In fact Boruto made it pretty clear he was on a timetable to find the Juubi and leave the village before Kawaki and Konoha interfere.

in this fight, before his explanation he even said "Think of this as" implying his explanation would be a paraphrase so that Code would understand rather than a complete one.

We get further information in the Databook that does not contradict Boruto's statement, rather it just provides more details and is from a more reliable source.

Boruto himself not mentioning it frankly means nothing, since he doesn't like Code, is low on time, and has no reason to give him a yap session about all the mechanics of his ability, considering everything else we are given Boruto and Daemons brief talking points don't contradict the Databook.
and Code does not feel the orbit.
what does that even mean tho? He feels the initial impact and the vertigo effects, but one is continuous so it will be more effective.
Its just narratively much more emphasized than the power of the orbit.
it really isn't.

what is narratively emphasized is that Boruto had harnessed the power of his planet to fight against a being trying to destroy it for power.
This is just supporting evidence though. What's worse (and my main point) is that Code is just actively being damaged by the effects of the planet's rotation which seemingly is the only part that stays after the initial impact considering that the orbit is never mentioned by Boruto or in the database (that is, during the aftereffects).
i think you're trying to create skepticism where there isn't any,

The Databook says that Uzuhiko(the entire jutsu not just aspects of it), uses Boruto's chakra + the planets rotation, orbit, centrifugal force, and other forces.

It also says that the person on the receiving end takes all the physical damage that comes in a regular Rasengan + the psychological damage afflicted by the loss of one's sense of balance.

We see that Code is in pain from its initial contact, and that Boruto shortly after is surprised Code could even endure the initial hit at all.
You could make the claim that the damage that Boruto is talking about is the vertigo induced by the rotation, however he later specifies that the damage from the aftereffects would kill Code. Despite this Code can withstand the "full energy" of the planet's orbit earlier.
A claim without evidence doesn't really matter when more evidence is pointing toward the contrary.

Also, Code withstanding the initial hit doesn't mean the attack wouldn't kill him if he just kept taking that damage ceaselessly for as long as Boruto wants.

1 Attack < The same attack taken physically and mentally over and over until your body, mind, or both give out.

and since the planet's rotation is "ceaseless" not to mention Boruto isn't taking or absorbing power from the planet rather he's opening a door for it to attack Code (Which is much more narratively sound given Boruto's whole "Consider this a biting counter-attack from this planet that you were trying to destroy." line.)
not if he just didn't feel like explaining himself to Code fully.

Also, why would the narrative present this as something particularly "important" when the verse has been dealing with Aliens and Tree Monsters that absorb entire planets for power for the last decade now?

in verse, it's just not that big of a deal anymore.

and the other parts of your argument entirely rely on taking a character's dialogue at face value while being skeptical of an author's statement.

I frankly don't see the point considering nothing Boruto, Daemon, or Koji said contradicts or conflicts with the databook's more detailed explanation.

So much of what you just said was wrong, but I really don't have it in me to talk about it. But yeah, good job with the strawman. You sure showed him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back