• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anime Boros seen this:
The Rock Reaction Meme (Eyebrow Raise) Download
What art thou hath waffleage for

So you guys are really going with the "he took damage" statement that was removed from the official printed release?

lol

This is the exact reason we don't have FTL Flashy Flash too btw it isn't because of Boros downplay

I was wrong, because like a fool a trusted Viz and it was actually much worse

Boros in the raw didn't even saw he fazed Saitama. He said Saitama lied, had strength to spare and called the fight toothless because Saitama was that much stronger.
Just noticed you used google translate instead of DeepL or gpt4, shame on you sir

Just noticed you used google translate instead of DeepL or gpt4, shame on you sir
Deepl gives this
It was like we were outmatched. We weren't even in the fight.

It wasn't even a fight.
Fixing the weird grammar it's still horribly bad for Boros "I was outmatched. It wasn't even a fight".

Deepl also translates it weird, since Boros in the raw uses Kanji for toothless.

It was still never a real fight, because it was almost a real fight, so yeah, nothing’s changed

and recon I have beef with you.

Don't use Chat GPT for translation
Me on my way to defy authority
anyways perhaps a more informed Japanese speaker could settle the dispute, because gpt4 going step by step gives this
Sure, I'll break down the Japanese sentence 手ごたえ あった and translate it into English step by step, focusing on each character/kanji at a time.
The sentence consists of two parts:
  1. 手ごたえ
  2. あった
Let's start with the first part:
手ごたえ
This word can be broken down into two components:
  • 手 (Te) which means "hand" in English.
  • ごたえ (Gōtae) doesn't have a direct standalone meaning but when combined with 手, it forms a whole new word with a distinct meaning.
Together, "手ごたえ" (Tegotae) means "response" or "feedback", but it often implies a sense of resistance or a feeling that you've touched or affected something. In a more metaphorical sense, it can mean "sign" or "indication".
Now, let's move onto the second part:
あった
This is the past tense of the verb "ある" (Aru) which means "to be" or "to exist" for inanimate objects or non-living things.
So, "あった" translates to "was" or "existed".
Now, when we put the two parts together:
手ごたえ あった
Literally, it could translate to "There was a response" or "A sign existed". However, depending on context, it might be more natural to interpret it as "There was a reaction" or "I felt a response". It implies that the speaker felt some kind of resistance, response, or sign from the other party or from what they were doing. It's often used in contexts where the speaker has taken some action or made some effort and is reporting that they could sense its effect.
Agree that gpt3.5 is trash for translations though

Me on my way to defy authority
All you need to do is break it down
  • 手 = Hand
  • ごたえ = Response
  • あった = Indicates past tense
Hand + past + response

"My hand felt a response"

But it still wouldn't change my point. Boros says he felt a response and then says he sees that he's clearly going to be the winner of this fight. Both responses proved to be completely wrong.

But it doesn't support anything Ziller, Saitama blocking an attack means nothing.

It's like saying Sonic with his sword scales to Saitama because he has made an effort to destroy/block the sword instead of just tanking it

But it doesn't support anything Ziller, Saitama blocking an attack means nothing.

It's like saying Sonic with his sword scales to Saitama because he has made an effort to destroy/block the sword instead of just tanking it
well he didn't block it, he just destroyed it
but we have the guidebook statement that directly corresponds with saitama blocking by saying that Saitama was on the defensive by Boros' surging waves of attacks, demonstrated when he blocked there, but also in that one scene where saitama was blocking his punch barrages and then dodged his kick
carnage kabuto's scene has the added context of intentionally being there for the funny, while saitama's inner monologue ends at him basically completely ignoring that he's in a fight, while Saitama's inner monologue after taking a similar beatdown from Boros has him fully focused and even thinking to himself that it's almost a real fight, something that wouldn't be a lie to make Boros feel better or something since it's literally just his inner thought on the matter.
Supporting evidence supports supporting evidence, context matters.

I don't. It was literally a statement that was removed.
As in the statement was actually backed up by the intention of it being true, or else it wouldn’t have been claimed as rivaling abilities in the guidebook, or followed by Boros’ monologue
It isn't. Because Boros never damaged Saitama and never came close to challenging him.
First part of your response “because Boros never damaged saitama” which isn’t an argument, because the debate is about if he damaged saitama. “He didn’t damage Saitama” isn’t a real counterpoint to saying he damaged saitama. If you’re going to response saying burden of proof, then it doesn’t really change that this is pointless to say
And then the second half, “he never came close to challenging him” again, even strong dudes irl can be slightly damaged by people who they could one shot very easily, so not challenging him is a ***** counterargument that I’ve already had to repeat myself about the irrelevance of it multiple times. Just because he stomped Boros casually doesn’t mean that stops him from causing minor amounts of damage, ESPECIALLY since the one shot and tanking multipliers in fiction don’t always line up with more common reasoning. Like I said (and you forgot to reply to) the entire reason we give black sperm and melza unknown durability that is lower than their AP is just because of the fact that they can beat the shit out of people who can stomp their dura like atomic samurai and Iaian. There’s not even an in verse explanation for it, that’s just something that is apparently common with characters in the verse, and Boros just happens to be yet another guy with high mid regeneration who can scratch someone whose AP is way above their durability. If we can give it to Boros’ general then I don’t see why we can’t give it to Boros after he’s seemingly met the same criteria of punching above his durability.
It does. Saitama was humoring Boros. It's why he tries and make him feel alright before he dies. At no point did Boros actually threaten or harm Saitama.
Saitama humoring Boros at the end of the fight has no bearing on anything. Him humoring him doesn’t change the fact that the attacks visibly had a slight affect on him, nor does it change the fact that Saitama did objectively consider it to almost be a real fight in his own mind, which directly disproves the idea that he was just hyping Boros up for pity. He didn’t threaten saitama, nobody is saying that, but he did have an affect on him in the same way that any weak guy can hit a strong guy on the back of the head and it would have some small affect.
He has some similar enough to generate a cracking sound effect.
It’s from the Boroner
Putting dirt on Saitama isn't the same as actually damaging him. Cosmic Garou with a vast array of powers and copy hax failed to even make Saitama bleed. Boros is no different.
Well Saitama himself said he got scratched.
Just a quick scene comparison
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Take a wild guess, which attack had more of an affect on him just looking at this?

I’m not done and will respond to the other half later (being on mobile makes it really annoying on top of having the scroll so damn far up to keep replying over and over) so cya then

As in the statement was actually backed up by the intention of it being true, or else it wouldn’t have been claimed as rivaling abilities in the guidebook, or followed by Boros’ monologue
The guidebook is wrong (and has been intentionally wrong in other sections) and Boros' monologs is contradicted by his final monologue where he states he did absolutely nothing to Saitama and it wasn't even a real fight.

First part of your response “because Boros never damaged saitama” which isn’t an argument, because the debate is about if he damaged saitama. “He didn’t damage Saitama” isn’t a real counterpoint to saying he damaged saitama.
It literally is. Your entire scaling chain hinges on Released Boros hurting Saitama to some minor degree, so he should scale higher than Garou.

But Boros didn't harm Saitama and was so thoroughly outclassed he states the entire fight was fake at the end.

If we can give it to Boros’ general then I don’t see why we can’t give it to Boros after he’s seemingly met the same criteria of punching above his durability.
Because he doesn't hurt Saitama. He said he got a response and then concluded he will win the fight. When it's shown that Saitama was still not tapping into his full power.

Boros until the very end underestimated Saitama at almost every point.

but he did have an affect on him in the same way that any weak guy can hit a strong guy on the back of the head and it would have some small affect
He affected Saitama in the same way Bakuzan, Carnage Kabuto or Beefcake effected Saitama. He did nothing real.

Take a wild guess, which attack had more of an affect on him just looking at this?
Which character directly said the fight was fake and Saitama was to powerful? Boros doesn't scale to Garou. He upscales from Tornado which is fine.

This discussion on the hype text editor statements above is pointless.

They will never be accepted. They are by definition non-canon.

Boros was wrong, as he himself said. He was doing nothing to Saitama and didn't gaze him. Saitama still immediately overpowered him whenever he tried and Boros' super move was stopped without Saitama even tapping into his fuller strength.
You saying for the 100th time that Saitama overpowered him very easily and me saying for the 100th time that it doesn’t matter, because I’m just saying he barely affected him, but it was a level of effectiveness that Monster Garou blatantly couldn’t replicate. Stop repeating the argument that Saitama was way stronger, we know, and it’s really not changing anything
For the normal punches Boros was gibbed and turned to mush, while Garou always remained whole. So thst example doesn't really worked
Saitama had no killing intent against Garou. Saitama had killing intent against Boros. You should’ve already seen this response coming.
He didn't do any damage to Saitama, as Boros himself said.

You also can't use author intent. As the author literally removed the line meaning their intent was thst he did no damage.
Boros himself said that Saitama’s wounds would gradually increase, never did Boros say that his attacks did nothing at all, he just said he got stomped to shit which is true. Again, being stomped doesn’t mean you’re incapable of affecting them. Boros affected Saitama.
Boros never damaged Saitama in the first place, which is the point. Saitama received no wounds and its relived he was holding back for the entire match.
Saitama was visibly shaken after his punch connected and got all serious face in the next moment. Boros could clearly tell that he did something to Saitama, at least enough for him to feel it, and it’s very visible that Saitama did feel it.
I altered OPM scaling far before becoming an admin. I was here back when we scaled Golden Ball above Genos and DSK because he fought Garou. I'm also the one who helped out with the CSRC changes. Overall my stance from three years ago to now hasn't changed.
Oh so you were always like this 🗿
Nothing happened to him, as Boros himself stated.
Boros never stated that nothing happened, and in fact only ever stated the opposite. Being stomped ≠ never affecting him
We already scale Boros above her, so I don't understand why you'd even bring her up.
Additional justification is always good when we have so much Boros downplay here
For the 20th time we aren't scaling Boros to Garou based off of a retconed statement, a passage that is mostly wrong and reading into author intent without knowing the author and ignoring the actual example of author intent.
A “retconned” statement that was confirmed in the databook later
And the “mostly” part of the passage wasn’t even wrong, because they were phrased as questions instead of statements.

and then again I’ll get to the rest of your slop later

Boner discussions thread has become a mid Boros CRT

This was supposed to be a safe space for all the Boners around the world 😟 😟 😟 :mad:

The guidebook is wrong (and has been intentionally wrong in other sections) and Boros' monologs is contradicted by his final monologue where he states he did absolutely nothing to Saitama and it wasn't even a real fight.
You are completely making shit up. As I have already told you, there is no statement where Boros said he did absolutely nothing, all we have is a statement saying he did do something, likely a scratch in the same manner he was scratched by Garou. Boros’ plan was explicitly supposed to be a war of attrition by wearing him down with chip damage, which of course only failed so quickly because he decided to burn up all of his energy on a few attacks soon after. And for the love of god STOP SAYING it wasn’t a real fight, we literally know that, the whole point is that it was almost a real fight. It doesn’t have to be a real fight for Boros to do a very minor amount of damage against Saitama.
Also the guidebook is really only intentionally wrong in the hero association perspective of things (calling Tatsumaki the strongest esper ever when Geryuganshoop exists 🗿), the Boros fight wasn’t witnessed by anybody except Saitama and Boros so it’s purely meta statements rather than HA propaganda.
It literally is. Your entire scaling chain hinges on Released Boros hurting Saitama to some minor degree, so he should scale higher than Garou.

But Boros didn't harm Saitama and was so thoroughly outclassed he states the entire fight was fake at the end.
Responding to a claim with an opposing claim isn’t a counterargument, it’s just a disagreement. I say Boros was able to affect saitama because of this expression and this statement and this Garou scene and this deep sea king moment and etc. you say “that’s not true, because he never took damage”
stop pretending that it’s an actual argument and just stick to everything else you’ve been talking about. You might’ve forgotten, but this isn’t a crt, so you don’t get to shut me down by staff disagreeing and then not give further reasoning.
Because he doesn't hurt Saitama. He said he got a response and then concluded he will win the fight. When it's shown that Saitama was still not tapping into his full power.

Boros until the very end underestimated Saitama at almost every point.
Him not knowing Saitama’s full strength has no bearing on the fact that he simply witnessed his attack having an affect on Saitama. Sure he was holding back massively, but that’s something he couldn’t have precisely accounted for, but he did objectively witness that he was doing chip damage, and therefore concluded that he could outlast him
that is, before he got under his skin and then wasted all his energy which ruined that strategy, but that is a different circumstance.

He affected Saitama in the same way Bakuzan, Carnage Kabuto or Beefcake effected Saitama. He did nothing real.
Bakuzan literally didn’t change his expression:
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

He didn’t even make him twitch in the slightest. What you have just done is completely deny reality and blatantly lie. Boros did something, Bakuzan did nothing
Beefcake also did a similar amount of nothing. I don’t even know what part you could be referring to there, but Boros very very obviously did something when they didn’t.
Saitama was also completely panicked when fighting Kabuto because of the bargain day at the supermarket, and he doesn’t even acknowledge the fact that Kabuto was fighting him at all. Nothing he did had anything to do with Kabuto and was just a result of the fact that he was thinking about something else entirely
meanwhile, Saitama during the entire Boros fight is focused on actually fighting Boros, and even thinks to himself about it almost being a real fight
going back to that statement in particular, I will once again emphasize that Saitama literally can’t tell when enemies get stronger or are stronger than other monsters because they’re all the same, as he couldn’t even tell the difference between Gouketsu or any random fodder, or that Genos had gotten stronger since he first met him. The fact that he could even tell that Boros was close to being a real fight at all proves definitively that he did feel something very slightly stronger than everyone else.

was a level of effectiveness that Monster Garou blatantly couldn’t replicate.
Boros didn't replicate it either since Saitama was giving him a fake fight the entire time. Saitama also got serious face against Garou and like Boros wasn't trying in any capacity.

Saitama had no killing intent against Garou. Saitama had killing intent against Boros. You should’ve already seen this response coming.
Saitama was willing to lie to Boros and humor his goal. Him being killed at the end doesn't change that Boros accomplished nothing against someone who was given bare minimum effort.

Again, being stomped doesn’t mean you’re incapable of affecting them. Boros affected Saitama.
He didn't because Saitama is quadrillions of time stronger than Boros and was so vastly above his pay grade that Boros couldn't even quantify the sheer gap between them.

Boros did not affect Saitama. He said he did and that was immediately contradicted by Boros himself.

Additional justification is always good when we have so much Boros downplay here
We don't downplay Boros, you just high ball him. Boros is currently rated as the fifth strongest person in the franchise behind Saitama, God, Blast and Garou.

retconned” statement that was confirmed in the databook later
And the “mostly” part of the passage wasn’t even wrong, because they were phrased as questions instead of statements.
It's not ""retconned"" in quotation marks. It was literally removed. Ziller the statement is unusable so drop it from your arguments.

It was phrased as questions and the answer to those questions are "No, Boros is utterly outclassed and did nothing".

You are completely making shit up.
You just have fan blinders on.

stop pretending that it’s an actual argument and just stick to everything else you’ve been talking about. You might’ve forgotten, but this isn’t a crt, so you don’t get to shut me down by staff disagreeing and then not give further reasoning.
It is an actual counterargument, it's just one you don't like because it Ruins your weird scaling ideas.

For the staff thread comment it's not even that we don't give you a reason. It's just that your arguments don't work and we reject your reasoning. When they do work we go with it.
was doing chip damage
You're arguing that Boros should be 4-A here. We're not doing that when Boros himself acknowledged the fight was entirely fake and he did nothing.

The fact that he could even tell that Boros was close to being a real fight at all proves definitively that he did feel something very slightly stronger than everyone else.
Boros is stronger than anyone Saitama fought up to thst point. That doesn't mean he comes close to Saitama's full strength and it certainly doesn't mean he's scaling to Cosmic Fear Garou or Blast.

I mean more specifically I think he should maybe be slightly stronger than garou's nuclear fission attacks, but initial cosmic garou was high 6-A till copying gamma ray burst which may or may not have knocked saitama out for a couple seconds, so Boros can't scale to it, so still just high 6-A
but everything before shakkei consecutive normal punches is fair game since it was only at that specific moment that Saitama did the "!!!!!!!!" and then said he got scratched (but was still going to stomp garou like any other bad guy)
basically saying that Released Boros would've been 5-C before extreme fa jin got downplayed to fodder.

Back