• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros and Baldy Revision: The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point tho? He stated that it feels very assumaing to say the Impact energy is greater than the imparter. And I don't see why the ship would scale to the impart energy rather than the impact energy

By definition, what the ship tanked was the impact energy, no?
From what I understand, the impact energy and the imparted energy are supposedly 2 seperate things. The ship scales to the impact energy, yes. I just don't see a reason for the ship to scale to the impart energy as it makes no sense

Boros still needs to have the new CSRC calc removed from his profile until it’s accepted, or redone with burning as opposed to melting.

Boros still needs to have the new CSRC calc removed from his profile until it’s accepted, or redone with burning as opposed to melting.
I'm not entirely sure what alternative Ugarik is proposing, unless he means vaporization? You don't pulverize or violently fragment things with burning

I'm mostly kin to melting, but I guess burning is a good second option?

Looking at it, the anime displays melting way more clearly than the manga does.

Wouldn’t burning lend more to pulverization since it reduces things to ash?

Unless there’s a better method to calc burning, I think pulv is the best option to go with.

You probably want Tatsumaki to be above CSRC because I don't see how pulv is better than melting.
Appeal to motive, great way to start your argument. The pulv end would still be above what Tatsumaki scales to, so good job completely nullifying any semblance of a point you thought you had.

Boros’ attacks do not look like melting, they look like burning, and that’s a consistent depiction with how the databook describes the CSRC as scorching the planet’s surface. In case you didn’t know, the definition of scorch is;

“To burn a surface of so as to change its color and texture.”

When something burns, it is reduced to ashes, which is more akin to pulverization. Nothing here implies melting, and the scans that were given to show melting provide more evidence to Boros’ attacks just burning things.

Now all we need is to choose an end for the Atmosphere split in another CRRT and Boros and Saitama should be completely done.

I also requested for Drite’s most recent version of the moon jump to be evaluated (even though nobody would scale to it but Saitama).

I mean, Saitama would already scale with the much higher CRSC and serious punch, which as of now are the highest feats we have as of now.

Pulverization has nothing to do with heat, since we have the "scorching" definition we can't list CSRC as shockwaves. Granite and Basalt can't burn in the proper sense because they can't go through carbon-based combustion being made of silicates, which is why melting and vaporization are the only two viable "scorching" methods that I am aware of.

Pulverization would work if we say CSRC is doing the damage via KE and not heat, but if it's heat-based damage as the scorching statement makes clear it's not an option. Plus, it's 455 petatons to pulverize the crust and 700+ petatons to vaporize the oceans, so realistically most the energy intended for the crust will be absorbed by the ocean with pulverization, fragmentation or violent fragmentation methods

I thought pulv would be able to work with burning since the Calculations page says that pulv is used when we don’t see any of the original matter, which being reduced to ash should do.

Vaporizing definitely isn’t valid for scorching, since that’s reducing things to vapor like the name suggests, not burning.

I thought pulv would be able to work with burning since the Calculations page says that pulv is used when we don’t see any of the original matter, which being reduced to ash should do.

Vaporizing definitely isn’t valid for scorching, since that’s reducing things to vapor like the name suggests, not burning.
You can't burn non-carbon rock in the first place because it doesn't have any combustibles, but you can state change it by melting or vaporizing it. Pulverization means kinetically grinding to fine particles, it has nothing to do with burning something to ash.

I get what you're thinking, but we can't use a kinetic method to calculate what must be some sort of chemical/phase change attack.

When I hear burning and realize that the object to be burned can't be literally burned, I assume it's a heat based attack we're talking about that is "shaving the crust"

Well, then there’s a bit of a problem here.

Maybe just going with the standard explosion would be for the best then? That’s what was mainly accepted in the calc that Emirp linked anyways.

Wait, since Boros' attacks are heat based whether you see it as melting or scorching. Would the CSRC logically have to be above 700+petatons as it should be logically vaporise the oceans?

Either way, I feel like using a heat based method is the best way, whether it'd be melting or vaporising or whatever. This is because we do know at the very least that all of Boros' attacks are heat based, so logically the CSRC should be as well.

Either way, I feel like using a heat based method is the best way, whether it'd be melting or vaporising or whatever. This is because we do know at the very least that all of Boros' attacks are heat based, so logically the CSRC should be as well.
If one had to be chosen, melting would be the better option, although neither of them are completely accurate.

Wait, since Boros' attacks are heat based whether you see it as melting or scorching. Would the CSRC logically have to be above 700+petatons as it should be logically vaporise the oceans?
Yes, it has to be over 700+ petatons because most of the crust is underneath 3+km of ocean. Unless Boros could somehow control the energy to ignore the oceans entirely, he'd have to destroy most if not all of it to attack and destroy the underlying crust.

Why can't we just use the melting method? It's the lowest end method for scorching, and unless Ugarik has an alternative (which he may since he knows much more about calcing than I do) I don't see why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back